It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Books about politics?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
What are some of your favorite political themed books? Doesn't matter if you're on the left or the right. Share your favorite titles with us!

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
No one is interested in politics? Am I the only who evers by books by Jimmy Carter and have my friends me "who is that old guy"?

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:00 AM
link   
Ive been looking for some political books at my local libarary but have had no luck so far. however tony blair's mew autobiography has just come out and some might find that intresting, im just not that keen on biographys though. Any left leaning books you could sugest???

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousJ

Well I've started getting into Noam Chomsky.

His book Media Control is a good place to start. That's the first book of his that I recently read. It's not too long or heavy, but explains quite clearly how we are manipulated by propaganda and the media.

I've now started to read Failed States, also by Chomsky.

You could also possibly try out some books by Mark Curtis, John Pilger, Gore Vidal or Robert Fisk etc.

I've read Robert Fisk's The Great War for Civilization: The Conquest of the Middle East. It's a fascinating and eye-opening book. It's well worth reading. As for the other authors I haven't read anything by them, but some of their books do seem fairly interesting to me.

posted on Sep, 18 2010 @ 08:22 PM
link   
The creature from jekyll island is really goo....its about money and politics.

posted on Sep, 19 2010 @ 03:17 AM
link   
Naomi Klien's Shock Doctrine is good.

Anything from Chomsky is worth a read.

top topics

join