It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member from Australia...hi

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Hey guys,

Been around ATS for around 6 years now, finally signing up,

A little about me, i'm from Australia, and currently going through the process of joining the police...still a few months to go...it's a longer process than I thought.

My interest lie mainly in alternative history, like advanced ancient civilizations.

Also, anything to do with life on other planets, and I have an avid fascination with the occult, like voodoo and hoodoo, I only read about it though, so no, I don't use voodoo dolls =P

I have been into anything "different" since I was 16 years old, i've just about read about every "weird and wacky" thing out there, came across some very interesting writings in my searches, one of my favourites being Madam Blavatksky.

Anyway, not much to add, just wanted to introduce myself, i hope to contribute to some of the topics which catch my interest..

see you guys around.

Edit to Add.....I'm a pretty hardcore gamer too!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by TheVoodooGamer]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   

currently going through the process of joining the police.

Welcome to a VERY small club here on ATS.. Future Brother..

Here are some good links to help you in your journey here at ATS...

Terms and Conditions

Complaints and How to Contact ATS Staff

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Most of all .... Have Fun

Just a U2U away

Semper

[edit on 8/31/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hi Semper, and thanks..

Are you a Police Officer, if you don't mind me asking ?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by TheVoodooGamer

24 years now...

Getting ready in a very short few years to call it quits though.. (Hopefully)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by semperfortis

That is impressive

How old were you when you joined ? i'm 27 now, and will be 28 by the time i get into the acedemy a couple of months from now....im just wondering if i left it too late to make a good career out of it ?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by TheVoodooGamer]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by TheVoodooGamer

Re your interests: you'd really enjoy The Pyramids of the South Pacific if you could get hold of a copy.

At 27-28 years of age you are perfectly ripe for the Police simply because you've spent the first 10 years of your adult life as a civilian. Chances are, you'll last a whole lot longer in the Police Force.

My father was a high ranking officer in the Police and he always said those with 5-10 years experiance as a civilian with an average education make the best Police Officers and last longer. The average age of most officers in NSW alone is approx 5-10 years simply because most of them go straight from high school to the Police Academy, lack social skills (among other things). Those with some years in civilian life (including those who are parents) for the most part last 15-20 years with at least 2-3 promotions.

Good luck to you and hope all goes well.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
reply to post by bluemirage5

I'll keep an eye out for that book, thanks.

As for the police, I just want to make detective, if I can get that at around 35 i'd be happy.

Thanks again for the info.

top topics

join