It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

war on terror unwinnable with this idiot running things

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 01:52 PM
link   
unwinable with this idoit?

you think kerry could do any better? hell, he'll drag us into anothe rvietnam with 500-700+ GI getting killed a week.

i honestly have no problem with a liberal in office, but let a conservative run the military everytime a libearl does something bad happens. i can elaborate if youd like just u2u me.

libearls shold not be allowed to use the military!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
This takes me back to, Whoa!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!Lets kill them all and kill them right, what a mentality.

I am glad is only a few that thinks like you.

Marg,
My point is that this IS the mentality of these extremists! I was only being realistic, and until BOTH sides start playing by the same rules, this war on terror is unwinnable.
THERE IS NO NEGOTIATING WITH THEM. Right now people like you want us to play touch football in a game where are our opponents are tackling and will keep tackling despite our (or the UN's) rules.

Despite what al-Jazeera tells you, the coalition forces go out of their way to avoid civilian casualities (I know that doesn't change the fact that civilians are tragically killed). What al-Qaida and these other terrorists do is explicitly TARGET civilians. They target YOU.

[edit on 23-6-2004 by Homer Jay]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:36 PM
link   

TextTHERE IS NO NEGOTIATING WITH THEM.

Yes your are right on this one, but our invasion in Iraq has brought up more wood to a fire that will never be extinguish, the only thing this people wants is for us to get the heck out of their lands, out of their lives, and our of their business.

And for me as a mother, wife and human being all I want is for all this craziness to stop, if you notice, this president does not talk about peace he wants war, and an evil does not fix another evil.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:15 AM
link   
I am going to throw some intelligence into this thread because some people are throwing some crazy things out there.

First off, Bush does talk about peace. I don't know where you get that he doesn't (I won't name any names).
We all want peace, just like we did before 9/11. But let's just say that World War II was actually about peace wasn't it. From time to time you need war to create peace. I know how silly it sounds but it is true.
There are forces of good on this Earth and forces of bad. I think the thing to do here is to stop and think who is really bad in this situation and who is really good.

We have gone to Iraq and are attempting to FREE a country, not occupy it.
On top of that ONE person in here said something so crazy I can't even believe it. This person actually summed up a post by saying that things are pretty much worse than when Saddam was in power. To this person I say this, get off of this site for a few minutes and check out the new economy of Iraq. Then check out thier new schools. Then check out their jobs. Then check out the fact that most of them, last I heard was around 80% are actually glad we are their. For someone to even begin to say things are worse than when Saddam was in power is ignorant.

We need a free and capitalistic society in the middle east. We need it bad. We are very close now so now is not the time to give up. A free country in the middle east will sprout more free countries.

Now, for those of you who are liberals and claim to have a heart:
WHERE IS YOUR HEART?
All of America should be united together and cheering for the troops and the coalition. But we're not. We are fighting against eachother about GWB. I say this, God Bless our Troops and God Bless a man who wanted to free people and give them what is theirs. And if you don't believe in God. I still say we should be in total support of the freedom of millions of people.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 12:42 AM
link   
God has nothing to do with this SK. Its man doing what man does best: destroying each other.

I believe the war is unwinnable because faith and religious beliefs are hard to conquer. To win we must convince muslims that we (the US) have their best interest at heart. At the end of the day if we don't convince Iraqis that we are right then we'll just be wasting life, time, and resources. If we don't win the battle for the hearts and minds we may as well pack up and go home because nothing we do will make an impact. So far that's is where we seem to be at...they don't want us there. The best we can hope for is a government in Iraq that works. It would be nice if the world worked like Dubya wants and we could replace every failed regime in the world with democracy...plug-in and play. But, that is not the reality. I suppose we could keep pretending that we are really winning this war because we feel right and god are on our side that's just not logical. If the president was truthful he would admit this exercise or experiment was a mistake and start to listen to the Iraqi people--but, he doesn't listen to his own people so...

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Do I hear voices of support? OMG!!! You mean the war CAN be won?

WOW, you mean not everyone has lost their will to take on this tough, multi faceted problem?

Im shocked that anyone can actually BELIEVE that we can be successful.
What kind of American actually thinks we "can do"?

Oh yeah, the ones that walked on the moon.....the ones that beat back fascism and imperial Japan.....hmm mabey its the ones that simply put themselves thru school and made a better life for their family...

The first step in victory is actually believing that we CAN DO THIS!

Wasnt I supposed to blame Bush for something here?

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Saphronia says,
"I believe the war is unwinnable because faith and religious beliefs are hard to conquer. To win we must convince muslims that we (the US) have their best interest at heart"

Did we convince Japan that we had their best interests at heart during the war?

NO, we simply broke their will to fight.....that is all that is nessisary to win...
they dont have to think like us, they only have to see that the cost to them isnt worth the effort.

Japan only began to see that the USA was actually offering them help AFTER the war ended...and it took years before most Japanese didnt see us as a conquerer or invader.....

The terrorists want to break your will....
the only question is when do you give up to their ideology?

NEVER is my answer!

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:31 AM
link   
Tone down the rhetoric. Ewww, something stinks in here.

No, you can't beat the god outta someone. The harder you push them to their limits the more they will rebel. The Japanese enemy had to be defeated with mass murders...i hope that's not what you are suggesting we do here. Its just not worth it. I think you are losing sight of the goal. It is to bring democracy to the Iraq--there is no clear cut good guy and bad guy -- just competing ideologies, of course our's is the best in my opinion but what i believe and what you believe amounts to squat if the Iraqis don't buy it, and they won't if we keep killing them.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Saphronia

just competing ideologies, of course our's is the best in my opinion but what i believe and what you believe amounts to squat if the Iraqis don't buy it

Although I am opposed to this war, the Iraqi people undoubtedly want us there. Where do you get the notion that they want us to up and leave? Do you have any idea what will happen without us there? True the war should have never taken place, but to lump the majority of Iraqi's to the small number of extremists is egregious. Or for that matter lumping all Muslims together as if they are against the west, I know to be true that not all Muslims ideologies compete with western values. There are many Muslims that live in the West rather patriotically. The extremists in this culture are the cause of the conflict and not to be mistaken with the entirety of the populace.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 07:26 AM
link   

TextJapan only began to see that the USA was actually offering them help AFTER the war ended...and it took years before most Japanese didnt see us as a conquerer or invader.....

Woa...........................

Yes, that sound nice, after we dump two nukes on them, I see your point (we are frendly sorry for the nukes is just an act of good faith.) After a few decades of the death the deseases and the devastation we are here for you.

I don't think Japan had a choice...................

Iraq, (we are here to help, we are friendly and sorry for bringing more terrorism into your land, devastation, death, destruccion of your cities, casualties, is all in good faith, and we will help you rebuild occurs with the money from your oil, Cheney will be taking care of that with foreign contracts.)

If any of you really sit down and think that an evil justify another evil I wonder were our country is heading.

And lets not forget Afghanistan we really are doing a heck of a job over there.

[edit on 24-6-2004 by marg6043]

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:46 AM
link   
Marg, you missed my point with Japan

Of course we dropped nukes on them...there was still an active declared war going on at that time.....
the result of the bombings was that the Japanese WILL TO CONTINUE was broken....not that we totally wiped them out or crushed all of their millitary.

AFTER the war, we did occupy them, and we showed them that we really didnt want to conflict with them, we helped get them back up on their feet and thru time we have become great partners and allies...(ive always been facinated by Japanese history/culture, even during wwII)

It is a similar situation in Iraq....some things need to be worked out, violently if nessisary, before we can then reach a peace from which we both try to grow from....

but before we try growing, we need to break the will, abillity, and desire of terrorist, insurgant, radical, jihaddist, to continue to destabalize iraq...once this is done, then growth will flourish.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Iraq doesnt have a choice either....

I think the Iraqi people know this

I think the insurgant millitant jihadists know this

I dont think some Americans know this from things ive heard some people say.

Blame Bush,
Surrender our ideology to the terrorists and quit now.
Boo hoo, were soo mean....

Next time perhaps our enimies will think long and hard, knowing that we indeed WILL DO SOMETHING if provoked, and im not just talking about crying for more fluffy piles of paperwork from the UN,
But actual actions.

We can and WILL win...Dont give up now.....thats EXACTLY what they would like to see happen.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by crmanager
No need to clarify.

U.S. Bad. George Bush bad. war bad.

What is it like to carry the weight of the world on your shoulders?

That your own stupid statement, thought , verbal diarrea, whatever you want to call your ignorant drivel.

I guess if you hate the smell of free people, the smell of a strong individual who makes a great leader, and a nation full of courageous people who have helped save many countries from murderous dictators, then yeah I guess your statement counts to some.

In fact it feels pretty good to know we helped saved german people from communism, korea, france, cubans, columbians, iraq, afghanistan ect....

What the hell have you done but spout hate speech?

I'd say your a self hating liberal or communist who is hung up an ideology that doesn't work, and hasn't worked and your still pissed cuz your waiting for that day when you think it might work, but you know in your heart it won't.

America is the greatest nation it was founded on a beautiful ideology. All people long for freedom and they fought for it. YOur a spoiled dumbass who has no idea what thanksgiving mean. And no not the holiday.
Your listening to the wrong side you treasonous muppet (if you are american).

You could only wish to live in a country that smells so good.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
CazMedia

Go on man. Tell it like it is. I would love for just one of these people to tell a soldier in the middle east that they can't win.

Iraq will be free. Yes, their will be terrorist attacks, but Iraq will be free.
Others will follow.

To add to that,
Anyone who says this war should never have started, put yourselves in the shoes of the Iraqi people. No hope, no food, no lights while pissing in the corner of your home. Talk to the people who were their right before the bombing began and they will tell you that the people of Iraq couldn't wait for it.

They knew that history would be the judge, and 50 years from now, history will say this was good.

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 02:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by SuperKyle
No hope, no food, no lights while pissing in the corner of your home. Talk to the people who were their right before the bombing began and they will tell you that the people of Iraq couldn't wait for it.

May I provide the predictable liberal retort to this?

"These people were starving and poor because of the sanctions imposed on them by the U.S. and the tyrannical United Nations!"

posted on Jun, 24 2004 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Text"These people were starving and poor because of the sanctions imposed on them by the U.S. and the tyrannical United Nations!"

Well done, some do not understand that Iraq is a very rich country but the people can not enjoy the wealth, before with Sadam and now, with all the destruction US has brought in that country is going to be a long way before the get to enjoy anything at all.

Look at Africa coast line, another are rich in oil and still the people is dying of hunger, diseases and attacks by the military police.

Oil its starting to look like the biggest evil in this world..

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Marg, they lured you into a verbal trap...

HomerJ lures you in with,
"May I provide the predictable liberal retort to this?

These people were starving and poor because of the sanctions imposed on them by the U.S. and the tyrannical United Nations!"

These people were starving and lacking medical nessesities because Saddam was skimming the money from the UN food for oil program, along with France and Germany. Corruption from within and out of Iraq....
Yes there were sanctions, but yes there were also relief measures adopted to counter some aspects of sanctions as well. Unfortunatly the pipeline was being tapped from both ends eh?

Too bad the USA steped in and ended that little scheme that was keping people oppressed eh?

Now, while violence is up in Iraq, food, medicines, and electricity are flowing in quantities far greater than before the war, and those that were profiteering from ripping off the Iraqi's and lying to the world community are no longer able to do so.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 01:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Narnia
Although I am opposed to this war, the Iraqi people undoubtedly want us there. Where do you get the notion that they want us to up and leave? Do you have any idea what will happen without us there? True the war should have never taken place, but to lump the majority of Iraqi's to the small number of extremists is egregious. Or for that matter lumping all Muslims together as if they are against the west, I know to be true that not all Muslims ideologies compete with western values. There are many Muslims that live in the West rather patriotically. The extremists in this culture are the cause of the conflict and not to be mistaken with the entirety of the populace.

I'm sorry but no one wants to be occupied and that's just common sense. No, they don't want us there. Whether or not they need us is a totally different story. Maybe you have your needs and wants mixed up.

My opinion is that Iraqis can rebuild on their own with less of the drama if we leave. They are an educated society rich in resources. We have already brought back most of the soldiers from the old army. It seems the only reason for the violence is because we are there...our people can't go out without arms and even then they are all targets for the insurgents. That's a lot of waste trying to keep our people protected so that we can do something that Iraqis could be doing for themselves and at a much cheaper cost.

Leaving Iraq is the best thing for Iraq but it isn't the best thing for the US, and that is why we are there because of our needs. Its time to stop pretending we are doing them some great big favor by sitting troops (trained killers) that don't speak their language or understand their culture on their doorsteps and dropping bombs on their houses.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Saphronia]

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:38 AM
link   
Saphorina says,
"Leaving Iraq is the best thing for Iraq ..."

Tell that to the Kurdish Iraqis that would be wipped out from both the #e and the Sunni's sides as those two sides agree to kill the kurds before killing each other in order to claim total non democratic control and establish a monopoly of power for only one of the 3 groups.

Tell that to all of the Iraqi's that are trying to enforce their own laws BY their own people FOR their own people...you know the police that keep getting blown up for trying to keep CIVILIZATION over there instead of chaos.

Tell that to Clinton, Bush, and Kerry that all agree this would be the WORST thing we could do.

posted on Jun, 25 2004 @ 03:55 AM
link   
You just need to change the title of the thread slightly to get it right:
War on terror unwinnable

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join