It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Afghanistan bomb attacks kill twenty-one US soldiers in 48 hours

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Afghanistan bomb attacks kill twenty-one US soldiers in 48 hours

www.tele graph.co.uk

A series of bomb attacks have badly hit US troops in eastern and southern Afghanistan in the past 48 hours.

The death toll among in the Nato-led coalition has reached 484 this year and is predicted to far surpass 2009’s total of 521.

Deaths have risen consistently each year since 2001. Afghan police and civilians have suffered far higher casualties.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 AM
link   
Wake up call for western world!

9 years and worst is still yet to come... These kind of news stops us to see what is really going on - Surge is a fake, truth is totally different than our politicians wants us to believe.

Our country has just made a decission to send more troops to back US interests in region and I am shame of that. There is no room for peace keeping, just for more fighting.

Sorry to all families who has just lost their loved ones, I hope these kind of figures really kicks up serious talks inside USA.

www.tele graph.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
One is led to wonder of there isnt some other way of conducting operations in this theater without exposing troops to such insideous tactics
Like the Vietnam story, i asume that it is just the foriegn troops who dont know where these things are placed as a rule...
I had thought that dogs would be of more use in detecting these booby traps and command detonated mines.
Also robotic bomb disposal machines could lay that new Canadian designed water blast dearming charge if they could detect the explosives better...
Are there not explosive sniffer machines too which could be utilised?or is that all just bullship propaganda?
It is obvious that this is going to be the weapon to defeat before we can make any progress in pacifying the countryside.
The casualties from this type of tactic are unacceptable and we should be concentrating a lot of science into developing a counter strategy or technology.
The old adage of boots on the ground still holds true in this day and age, but we dont seem to be making much headway in equipping those troops with the tools to fight and stay alive over there.
The reaction time of the army staff is abominably slow in dealing with what would seem to be entirely predictable behavior of the Taliban when afghanistan was initially occupied.
In fact nothing we seem to be doing anywhere shows much indication it was well thought out beforehand....

join