It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama could kill fossil fuels overnight with a nuclear dash for thorium

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   
Another wonder fuel supply that will get slowly killed off by fat stomach-ulcer cigar-chewing oilmen.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Peruvianmonk

Wow these damn politicians are living in prehistoric times... It's Saronite and Titanium now.... LERN2PLAY!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Yeah just posted.

here

The following:

I've seen estimates of radioactivity going straight to electricity.
Of course you don't get steam for the winter.
There was some con as to being explosive if the load drops and
the gas accumulates.
As a current generator and not a voltage generator a load must
always be applied. This is basic electrical engineering analysis
as I remember one student ask what a current generator was.
So now we know and don't remember the teachers answer,
most likely due to occultation of the technique, but probably
said it was just an analysis duality thing.
Yeah right Kemosabi as we go down the Illuminati educational
trail.
So to avoid exploding home generator we must have the large
centralized power plant. Skipping the Tesla system of course
we might have multiple current generators instead of local
steam plants but thats not on the drawing boards of the city
planners. City planners or city crooks of Illuminati wanna bees.

Obama has been contacted:
in a letter

as follows

However neglecting to mention all the generating devices he has
identified through the years which the Obama or any Illuminati
could care less about. He just lays down the big free momentum
as being valid for consideration. Yeah Obama it goes in the
anti Tesla circular file.
ED:
just noticed Obama going on scridb
Most likely to crowed out the Lyne Obama hit on scribd
Figures Illuminati tactic all the way.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
2 problems to solve:

1. You dont want to be used Plutonium at all, as theta just leads to the OLD problems.

2. TO start the reaction with a pure thorium based reactor you need a ignitions energy source for a 100 MW reactor. I heard about using laser perhaps.

All other other issues have been solved for years as far as i know.

Another interesting fact.
To get the US off coal would require building a 100 MW Thorium reactor every day for the next 50 years.
This is also why do do this we need to basically be pumping them out like pancakes. Basically like Boeing currently pumps out planes.

Its perfectly doable, just has to be done.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Thorium reactors need to be the equivalent of CHP plants.
Small plts located in the each town and suburb.

This is just my opinion.
But if we do it this way we get many bonuses:
1. The grid is easier to balance and can much more easily to cope with any feed in Renewables also because the thorium reactors take up the slack.
2. The thorium reactors will charge up the electric cars in your garage at night. Again this makes allot of sense for grid balancing.
3. A Distributed grid is much more fault tolerant.
4. Its takes control away from the very large electric companies, and allows smaller companies to be players running plants.

i also think that these plants should all be run by machines. No humans.
The freeze plug approach is clearly the smartest way to do it with molten salt.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
If Obama tried such a bold move of getting rid of nuclear energy for something free and clean,he would be assassinated.
Taking money out of their pockets will get him killed,much like it did for JFK for challenging the Federal Reserve.(my opinion)

But that's true.

Obama will NEVER greenlight the development of that technology. Even if he,d had the will and the guts for it, they'll get rid of him before he even writes the draft of the proposal for it.

OP doesn't know how politics work, or he (she) is just too idealistic. Think of a corporate/banking mafia ruling Western countries, and you'll understand why things like Thorium -or hydrogen fuel cells- take so long to see the light of the day... chances are they'll be forgotten by most people in about a decade.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by gedw99
Thorium reactors need to be the equivalent of CHP plants.
Small plts located in the each town and suburb.

This is just my opinion.
But if we do it this way we get many bonuses:
1. The grid is easier to balance and can much more easily to cope with any feed in Renewables also because the thorium reactors take up the slack.
2. The thorium reactors will charge up the electric cars in your garage at night. Again this makes allot of sense for grid balancing.
3. A Distributed grid is much more fault tolerant.
4. Its takes control away from the very large electric companies, and allows smaller companies to be players running plants.

i also think that these plants should all be run by machines. No humans.
The freeze plug approach is clearly the smartest way to do it with molten salt.

Your point 4 totally scares anyone from the establishment away from the start.

Since, if you remember, the establishment wants:

1- Control
2- Monopoly
3- Big profits (for their gang, or course)
4- More control
5- Even more monopoly

So... Thorium really looks like the best solution for every single community, but forget about it being approved and used by your puppet government.

Moreover, they are not interested in a power grid that's long-lasting and easy to maintain, since they wanna give contracts to corporations who do all the expensive maintaining job. If you want quality and efficiency for the masses, don't expect it to come from the TPTB here.

[edit on 31/8/10 by Echtelion]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Echtelion

Obama will NEVER greenlight the development of that technology. Even if he,d had the will and the guts for it, they'll get rid of him before he even writes the draft of the proposal for it.

OP doesn't know how politics work, or he (she) is just too idealistic.

This has already been proposed in legislation and is awaiting comitte aproval..

see my post on the last page here...

post by maybereal11

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
It will be approved, then billions spent on development, then the program will be canceled and all the results from the research will be thrown in a dark place.

Like normal.

If they don’t approve it, then the money may be spent on something that will be beneficial.

So they have to approve it to tie up the money.

And once the money is spent, then trash the program so nothing good can come of the spent money.

That has been the standard procedure for the left for decades. Let people spend their money developing something, but never let it come to completion.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think this is exactly what we need to give us a boost and improve our economy. The production and use of this new energy fuel would cause a huge demand around the world! The U.S. needs to take the lead on this.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by WeRpeons

Agreed. The U.S. seems to have given up taken the lead on many developments these days. Just look at your Solar and Wind industries compared to those of Europe.

The only products that seem to get massive funding are the 'Dead Rubber' products of the defence/war industry.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:08 PM
link   
this is awesome!

but i doubt it will be on the market anytime soon. Coal/Oil/Nuclear fuel run the business.

if you take a piece of the pie away from these mob bosses, they will take you out.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by WeRpeons
Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think this is exactly what we need to give us a boost and improve our economy. The production and use of this new energy fuel would cause a huge demand around the world! The U.S. needs to take the lead on this.

You make the assumption that the current administration and congress wants the economy to improve.

I am not making that assumption.

Actions speak louder than words.

Based on their actions, an improving economy is the last thing they want.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr Tranny

i think your right, but i am trying to be an optimist here. What if they sucked up everything they could suck up (through the economy) that the only thing left is to re-inflate it with something else besides the bailout?

imagine if this is used to power cities, and coal/nuclear reactors are phased out. what would that do to the petro dollar? How would the dollar do when the oil markets tank due to this tech? All those investments in the ME, and around the world where we pumped billions into drilling for oil... all those investments would be useless.

IMO if they ignore it or accept it, it would affect the (US ECONOMY) negatively whichever way you look at it. But the ONLY good part about this is that its free power without all that contamination nuclear fuel leaves behind.

I hope to hear more from this in the future. S&F because its interesting as hell.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by maybereal11

Originally posted by Echtelion

OP doesn't know how politics work, or he (she) is just too idealistic.

This has already been proposed in legislation and is awaiting comitte aproval..

see my post on the last page here...

post by maybereal11

Ok then, perhaps they'll really come up with it. Or they'll trash the proposal for some ridiculous technicalties.

THat'd sure be a great progress if it passes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
If Obama tried such a bold move of getting rid of nuclear energy for something free and clean,he would be assassinated.
Taking money out of their pockets will get him killed,much like it did for JFK for challenging the Federal Reserve.(my opinion)

Drums has to be removed because Drums keeps taking the words right out of my mouth. But the way things are going and this seems to be going mainstream, it may be the rock that backs him up to the hard place.
:: shaking head ::
IMHO, I really think this will be a fact some years down the line after a nuclear war maybe. Hey, TPTB need to make the money from their investments don't they?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Peruvianmonk
The potential of Thorim has been discussed on this site before back in 2007.

I must say this does sound like an exciting fuel. I like the fact that it eats its own hazardous waste and can even eat that of Uranium and Plutonium. Could be used in Chernobyl?

It doesn't eat its own waste. As it absorbs neutrons, it moves up the periodic table as Uranium-233.

Oh, and among the majority U233 there is U232, which emits massive gamma radiation as it decays.

It's not a "zero waste" solution, BUT the half-lives are notably shorter and thus the waste won't be around nearly as long as the other alternatives.

www.ensec.org...:thorium-as-a-secure-nuclear-fuel-alternative&catid=94:0409content&Itemid=342

Thorium-based waste, also highly radioactive, has the distinction of being radiotoxic for a far shorter time period. The half-lives of 233U’s decay products are far shorter than the half-lives of the transuranic wastes mentioned above. These dangerous periods can be measured in tens of years rather than thousands. Certainly, to decrease the period during which these waste products are lethal also provides security benefits.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Thorium you say? Now 'how many' years would it take to make this a 'Reality'? Folks say all 'kinds' of things though Do quite the opposite. How many promises has Obama kept to date?
~Zero~

Heroes do not produce zero.....my 'friends'?
They often write their 'own' speeches as well.
.....rather than recite from a telePromptA

'Change' you say?
?

He 'could' change, though I doubt he had an 'overnight' epiphany.
You know what I mean.....no? Perhaps he saw the Light? Perhaps, and I have some real estate in Atlantis to sell you. Interested? It's submerged 300 feet in the ocean though you know what they say, location, location, location.

Here is a most recent 'news' article of which the msm must have 'missed' or something, no? I don't usually do this though the following came by email with no link and I therefor had to cut and paste below:

Barack Obama has just given the United Nations jurisdiction to go after the State of Arizona and the 22 other states that are attempting to enforce the immigration laws that he refuses to enforce.

Unfortunately, you read that right. On August 20, the United States, for the first time ever, submitted a 29 page “Universal Periodic Review" (UPR) to the UN Human Rights Council which outlines a laundry list of alleged human rights abuses supposedly committed by the United States.

Of course, the UPR is pure rubbish, but it's also much more than an opportunity for Barack Hussein Obama, the Apologist-In-Chief, to bad-mouth America to the rest of the world. Contained within that laundry list of so-called abuses is a direct condemnation of S.B. 1070, legislation enacted by the State of Arizona (and supported by two-thirds of the American people), which seeks to do the job that the federal government has refused to do... secure the border.

According to the UPR: "A recent Arizona law, S.B. 1070, has generated significant attention and debate at home and around the world. The issue is being addressed in a court action that argues that the federal government has the authority to set and enforce immigration law. That action is ongoing; parts of the law are currently enjoined."

The submission of this UPR is the first step in a United Nations review process which will culminate with the issuance of a plan of action, approximately 90 days from now, from a panel of UN bureaucrats from France, Japan, and Cameroon.

And yes... the United States would be expected to "voluntarily" comply with the UN panel's recommendations, but as the UN Human Rights Council states on its website: “The Human Rights Council will decide on the measures it would need to take in case of persistent non-cooperation by a State...."

In short, Barack Obama has upped the ante. Not content with simply filing a frivolous federal suit against the people of Arizona, Obama has transformed his amnesty feud with the American people into an international human rights cause and effectively placed the people of Arizona (and the 22 other states that are considering similar border security legislation) under the jurisdiction of a triumvirate of America-hating United Nations bureaucrats.

Use the hyperlink below to send your urgent and personalized Blast Faxes to the Republican and Democratic Leaders of the U.S. Senate and U.S. House of Representatives.

Tell them, in no uncertain terms, that Barack Obama has gone too far and that his latest attempt to sic the United Nations on the State of Arizona, the 22 others states that are considering similar legislation, and the people of the United States is an affront to our national sovereignty that cannot be tolerated.

Tell them, right here and right now, that the time for pontifications and half-measures is over. Barack Obama must be stopped and they must take whatever action is necessary to stop this brazen attempt to cede our sovereignty to the United Nations in order to fulfill Obama's twisted political agenda.

Change? you say.
Which side is Obama on?
That should be obvious, no?

Oh, maybe 'this' link may explain some 'stuff'.
Obama's CIA Pedigree.

It should be clear by now to most here on ATS that the CIA as well as most of the acronoym 'enforcement' agencies work on behalf of the international banker cabal, (Federal govt.) no?

'The people' outnumber these 'tyrants that be' 99.99 to .01 but what are they to do? We are 'watching' with the dearest of dIsmay. IndEEd! It must be the DNA? Your jury is out and 'About'.....

Folks, if you want Freedom, you better start acting like it.....or remain slaves/subjects or.....Worse.....

You have a 'choice'.
Always have.
Next.....

On another note, there was a request to subpoena BP (click Ear) to answer questions regarding the 'oil spill' and passed the house 'overwhelmingly', though 'somehow' the Senate (strategically placed traitors) REJECTED the subpoena or 'any' investigation.

It is time to 'Act' flokes.
The 'real' powers that be are awaiting to see your 'ideas of freedom' be Acted on. Do you 'deserve' FreeDom????? We shall seA soon enough, no?

'Good' day, you say?
Hmmmmm.....
The term 'Yahoo' comes to mind.
Oh, that is the name of an msm.
Wonder where they got that term from or rather 'For'.

Any ideas?
Do I 'hear' a chorus of Crickets?
Perhaps it's my 'imagination'.
No?
?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by spacedonk

No in this case it is NOT financial it is the Plutonium requirement for bombs by the US government in the '50's that suppressed/lead to no serious examination of the use of thorium instead of uranium. It is a Norwegian company that now owns the patented technology to use Thorium.

You dont think many are getting rich from making bombs??

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Hey, wow, science. Looks real nice in theory, even that name THORium, real impressive. In theory. so ask yourself where are the working reactors? Obviously if it were just a matter of replacing fuel rods it would have been done already. Much more investigation is required. There's no sense to mining huge amounts of thorium until a safe working reactor is developed. But you know there's no funding for any such research in the US so it's not likely to happen in America, but I'm sure the chinese will be willing to build thorium reactors in the US at a very reasonable price.
OTOH, you're dreaming if you think this president would do anything to hurt his friends (and campaign financers) at big oil.

I'm all for it, however I fear the problem has never been one of alternative solutions. It's more one of societal power structures (real power not political) and the prctical need to protect the status quo.

The world's going to hell in a handbasket and those most responsible are the ones making a profit from it's decline.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join