It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Quran written because Bible corrupted?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:42 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I am putting my neck on the block here - but I believe that anything written by man is full of lies. So, the Bible does not spell out the truth. The Qran does not spell out the truth.

We have to spell out our own truth.

well that sure would make it a catch 22 then wouldn't it? Anything that we would spell out as our own truth would also be from man full of lies and therefor according to you, not the truth.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Romantic_Rebel

Thanks to eveyone who has responded.

Interesting article. Thanks for the link!

What I don't get is if this is true- that the Quran was written because the Bible was corrupted that Allah didn't know this prior to telling Jews and Christians to judge by and stand fast by the law and the gospels.

Sura 5:47 Let the people of the Gospel judge by what Allah hath revealed therein.

Sura 5:68 Say: "O People of the Book! ye have no ground to stand upon unless ye stand fast by the Law, the Gospel, and all the revelation that has come to you from your Lord."

Which leads me to wonder if Allah the god ofthe Quran is the same God of the Holy Bible. After all is the Law and the Gospels not the same as the Old and New Testament?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by LAinhabitant]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by catwhoknows
reply to post by LAinhabitant

I am putting my neck on the block here - but I believe that anything written by man is full of lies.

So, the Bible does not spell out the truth.

The Qran does not spell out the truth.

We have to spell out our own truth.

make you're mind up here please.

If anything that is written by man is lies then where does that put you? and in that case how can you spell out you're own truth? wouldnt it just be another set of lies, after all you are man.

I think religion has a lot of truth to it, after after a thousand years corrupt people eventually corrupt the religion.

it is true when they say that muhammed never spread his religion by the sword. N E V E R. He willingfully defended it with the sword numerous times. it was only after Muhammed passed away, and the caliphate hijacked from Ali ibn abi taleb. that was when the fake muslims started to conquer by the sword. the fake muslims are Abu Bakr, Umar, and last Uthman. they destroyed islam like the romans and jews destroyed christianity.

Muhammed was a genius. If you research what the arabs used to be like before islam you will be shocked. they used to worship stones and eat animals before killing them. it was a miracle they didnt kill him!

research before you comment next time. thank you

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
reply to post by clever024

Originally posted by clever024
the quaran was not written because the bible is tainted, because even the quaran is tainted. Mouhamad want his own religion which exalted him. Jesus was in fact the Christ(Son of God), and Islam blasphemies that truth.

The problem with this hypothesis is that Muhammad was offered (on at least 2 occasions) power and wealth by his opponents, if only he would stop with the Islam stuff. He refused.

Another problem is that the Quran doesn't really exalt Muhammad in denigration of Jesus. In fact, the Quran itself states that no distinction should be made between the Prophets.

Also, Islam does not deny that Jesus was the Christ, although most people (not just muslims) would probably hesitate at the definition of Christ you gave in the parenthesis. While Jesus would be considered "son of god" by Islam in the sense of the definition of the term by Jesus, and by its definition in the Old Testament, I get the feeling that is not what you mean by the term.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

I am new here. I have been visiting ATS from a year now and I actively read the threads that are posted here. This includes threads pertaining to the Quran and the religion of Islam in general. And I am always stunned to see how without any grounds people say that the Quran is a book that was written by Mohammed (PBUH), a man. And this includes this particular post of yours. You are assuming it was written by a man? Have you ever read the Quran? Do you have any idea how complex it is, specially when you try reading it in the original language it is written in? Prophet Mohammed (PBUH) could not read or write and he hadn't received any formal education. How could he have written something so beautiful? Maybe you have read chapters or verses from the book but I wonder if you have ever heard the Quran being recited?

I'd like you and other users who share an opinion similar to the one you do to hear the recitation of a chapter from the Quran by a very young boy.

Something so beautiful could NOT have been written by a man.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join