It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moving star question, intelligent answers please.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by saabacura

agresion is the only thing ignorant people have i gues
it makes me sad sometimes
well now it just makes me laugh

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
i would also like to know what these "moving stars" are.
i live in ireland and for a few months now i have noticed these moving.
i always look up into the sky when its a clear night out. most of the time i notice these is well after sunset, approx midnight. they are moving too fast to be a plane and too slow to be a meteorite/commet. they look to be about as bright as a star, i spot them moving and watch them move accross the sky gradually fade away, saw two last night in the space of about 20min. would love to know what they are, they move in different directions too.

posted on Sep, 12 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Heavens Above is also a good site to have a looksie, you can change it to view your location.

- Phoenix

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   
reply to post by phoenix_zephyr

phoenix_zephyr I was in no way disrespecting its just that software didnt work no matter how hard I tried to make it and I got rid of it, but again thanks for the reference material..

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

I am not sure what your suggesting. Binary stars are exceptional to watch. From a distance it looks as though one star is joining the other and moving backwards! But under the telescope, they are orbiting around each other

edit to expand... without the telescope, it is deceptive, we can't see really what it is doing...it may look like a UFO but it is the distance that deceives us.

Very intersting to observe

cheers

edit on 13-9-2010 by Thurisaz because: expand

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
Well the Stars is question are out. Best way to see what I am saying globally is look up at Venus these are surrounding not close though, not in as high circle as Venus. Checkem out if your up the redorange in the high sky moves much and the blue white in the sky does also. Mars and mabey Arctarus are out, but not moving like these...

edit on 9/13/10 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 13 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
1 is @ base of Orion bluewhite the one of the orangered top left Orion shoulder mabey Arctarus. Other to left of Orion orangered far left distance. Im going to bed later folks.
The one @ Orion base moving much.

posted on Sep, 15 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
alright
i saw in day time somthin i never seen before
3 huge ,kinda dark helicpters flying over at daytime
ice

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I'm so glad to find this post. (by accident, too) But I know exactly what you guys are talking about, and know that they aren't stars or satellites. I've seen many satellites, and they move in one direction at a consistent speed. These 'moving stars' stop, go, turn, speed up, slow down, etc etc while moving great distances across the sky. Definitely not satellites.

The first night I saw them, I was with my girlfriend out in the country...I haven't seen as many as I did that night since. It was unreal...there was at LEAST 10 of them all out at once, and some were interacting with each other just as you mentioned. They'd move right up next to each other and stop, maybe 'wiggle' around a bit, and then go somewhere else. We even saw one go right up to an airplane. (who knows if it was at the same altitude, but it definitely looked like it went to investigate the plane!) That was last summer...since then I've seen them so many times I've lost track, but I've never seen more than 2 out at a time. Crazy stuff.

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
You UFOlogists arnt going to like this but what you
indeed are witnessing are angels, not long to go now!

posted on Sep, 21 2010 @ 11:24 PM
link   

I had never ever heard of the planets such as Mars and Venus moving, they are usually stationed at one point, that is perpetual but anything is posible, why not? Mars may have life developing and existing on its surface, so if it rolls upwards, downwards, sidewise is probably just in milimiters without affecting its ecosystem; however, there are photos that show that there are buildings spoted by Nasa satellite's photographic system that are under investigation. Venus is not of so much interest for many, since is very hot and no signs or live bacterium at least for mention a few of the many scientific aproaches that human kind has been intending to gather concrete and veridic information on to show to the world their speculations all cleared up. Planets moving is a concern because if they are in movement, that means, they can break loose and hit other celestial bodies, they are all supouse to roll on their axis that is imposible to shake at any situation or circunstance regardless of a planet moving; however I would like to see the links, web pages or books where you got the information from. The Moon, is said to be standing still too, no movement had been detected by the satellites, but if it is getting off of its axis than, it will change places and perhaps loose distance in between the other planets, which will make its effect less potential on to the Earth and all of us, because the Moon has a special effect on life on Earth, its many different phases make things grow differently on our planet even humans are affected by the Moon and by its phaces. Mars in movement would be a problem, is a very large planet, we don't want it to loose its orbital routine and hit other celestial bodies such as our planet. The information you provided is very interesting and I would like to know your sources. Thanks.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   

individuals with some good astrological mapping skills

First of all the word you are looking for is astronomy, not astrology.

The second point I would like to make is a bit more in depth as it pertains to your intention and what outcome you seek. If you are satisfied with these things as simply being unexplained objects that go flying around in the night sky then you are on the right track. However if you seek to identify these objects and learn about the Universe around you then you need to make some changes.

First step is to learn what you can about astronomy (and astrology if you wish). Using the free program Stallarium, as SLaPPiE suggested, is one step in many towards this goal. If you are having trouble with this software program running on your computer then try cleaning your hard drive. If this still doesn't work then get a computer that will work.

Keep in mind how important it is to identify the constellations, stars and planets that you see in the night sky, spending a little money here can go a long way to help. You should learn how to identify the constellations and stars while keeping track of there apparent seasonal movement. All that is needed here is a star chart, a red flashlight and lots of time. Next you should learn how to identify the planets.

If you are not willing to do these simple tasks than I doubt that you are really interested in intelligent answers to your moving star questions as your title claims.

posted on Sep, 22 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

You might want to consider that ATS is open to all ages

Just because you 'know' more about the topic at hand, that doesn't give you the right to belittle the OP.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

its 12 o clock, there here
inteligent enough for u?
no disrespect
just saying

edit on 24-9-2010 by icecold7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by MaryCoco

Well I am not sure if its Mars - Arcturuc - Or Betelguese, I referenced those because they are what some tell me are the red color moving celestial objects. Thats why I posted them to alert others who may be paying attention that yes I have considered these when watching these objects. I wasnt saying that the known planets previously mentioned were moving just that I know those seem red in space. What I have seen are red-orange objects and blue white objects that tend to move in up down left right directions when observed, my friend thanks for you post..

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   

have u watched the vid i just posted seriously
?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Devino

Interesting you say that. I do know the constellations and try to locate these moving object in reference to their locations. I in fact posted within this thread about 1 being at the base of Orion. As far as intelligent answers the answers thus far have been.. I wanted people to post what they see if anything in relation to these objects. As far as Identifying them yes I do know planets lol and what they look like and their locations. These objects dont behave like the planets and stars we normally see. I watch them they move very simple. Go out late night YOURSELF MABEY AFTER 2AM IF YOU CAN. And scan the skys. Yes I have seen the satellites move in 1 direction in sky they look like plain white dots moving, yes I have seen shooting stars or meteorites cross the sky these are distanced away and move like they are not normal. This is why I asked if any inteligent answers could be presented as to get a feel from others views and what they see.. Thanks for the software update but again I feel these wont be on that software to see, perhaps sensitive.

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   

www.abovetopsecret.com...
the vid taken with night vision is like three or four posts down
u were saying?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

he mate
the things ur talking about is what i posted int the vid
only ther higher up what u have seen
and dont be afraid to call me dumb
we will see whos dumb in the end wont we?

posted on Sep, 24 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by icecold7

have u watched the vid i just posted seriously
?

Yes icecold7, I seen the craft you shown in the video. these objects are in distance reference out as far as the stars that why I am interested because the movements I seen make me think that they are atleast past Venus. I say this because when I see Venus out on those days back then I would use Venus as a scale to see with the brightness emitted. Thank you though for the military craft photo posted but these are much further out there and from how bright the are much LARGER...

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join