It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Above Top Secret Ideas.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
I am Looking for a board or child board for members of ATS to broadcast their ideas to expand ATS. Can't find one so I started my own.

1. Members must approve who can add them as a Friend or Foe on ATS.

2. Must be 18 or older to register, with a confirmation birthdate in the format of m/d/y.

3. Keep-Up with the sign up rules of members who post HOAXS, are to be terminated without warning.

4. IP2Country Rules.

5. Ban or remove posting privileges from those who relay bigot remarks about other country's.
"UK vs USA" and vise versa tends to be the main theme around here... That's not ATS...

6. Add an ISP trace to the ending of peoples post's, so everyone knows where the other is coming from.

7. Get rid of the rampant mod's who delete post's and set post's as offtopic even when they aren't. (just because they were offended by someone's post).

8. New members who sign up must have a trial period where their post's are moderated. (A team of mods for newly registered members would more then help weed out what ATS calls BTS.)

9. Making this topic a sticky so every member of ATS can express what they want to see changed.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:49 AM
link   
ummm, heh

lets leave that in the hands of the founders shal we ?

it would be nice to post some ideas ,but i am sure the people who run ats ,think about this stuff night and day ,but i am sure any sugestion would work via u2u

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
reply to post by InformationAgent

I am glad that you don't have any power here (and probably not elsewhere either).

No offense. But I didn't like your ideas.

-v

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
1. Members must approve who can add them as a Friend or Foe on ATS.
Why should they? The "adding" expresses the legitimate view of the person doing it. You can express your own view in the way you react

3. Keep-Up with the sign up rules of members who post HOAXS, are to be terminated without warning.
I'm sure the staff have existing procedures on this.

6. Add an ISP trace to the ending of peoples post's, so everyone knows where the other is coming from.
That really is privacy-endangering, and it's not going to happen.

7. Get rid of the rampant mod's who delete post's and set post's as offtopic even when they aren't. (just because they were offended by someone's post).
It is your personal opinion that this is happening. Obviously you have a grievance.

8. New members who sign up must have a trial period where their post's are moderated. (A team of mods for newly registered members would more then help weed out what ATS calls BTS.)
As far as I know, there is one. That's what I was told when I joined up.
I believe the term you mean is BS.
BTS is BelowTopSecret, a very respectable subforum.

9. Making this topic a sticky so every member of ATS can express what they want to see changed.
There are existing threads on the Board forum where suggestions can be made. This thread itself doesn't in my view, have enough outstanding merit to join the "sticky" group.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by DISRAELI]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
as far as i know ats has a system of getting feedback ,such as the flagging system they use this to see what areas people like ect ect ,so ya they have ways of figuring all this stuff out , also like i said before ,i am sure their is a complaint and sugestion option in u2u that you can use for contact ...

many thanks

Nephi

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   

I'm just surprised this thread lasted this long

I suggest you add to this thread instead..

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
With all those rules, you might as well add, a sobriety test. People have to breath into their computer with their log in's. Cause sometimes their are some real characters around here

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by NoRegretsEver
With all those rules, you might as well add, a sobriety test. People have to breath into their computer with their log in's. Cause sometimes their are some real characters around here

Peace, NRE.

lol ..........you thop it thilly!!!!!!!!!!! breath into my computer hahahaha thilly you

whos real ?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:27 AM
link   

With all due respect, that would be a total breach of peoples privacy. First and foremost, the site owner has always said that upon registration all that is required (and ever will be) is an email address and password.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:34 AM
link   
...some interesting ideas...especially the IP Check one...

...locking now...will receive a u2u re:IPs....

top topics

join