It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Outrage over new invasive airport searches

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   

Outrage over new invasive airport searches

w ww.news.com.au

US officials are using "invasive and aggressive" searches for those who refuse to go through their controversial full body "naked" X-ray scanners.
The “front-of-the-hand, slide-down technique” amounts to an indecent assault in any other context and shows an alarming disregard for privacy by the US Transportation Security Administration (TSA), civil libertarians say.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:24 AM
link   
I was wondering when they would use this tactic... Fine if you don't wont to go through the machine we'll make you feel as if you've been humiliated and violated. I wonder what would happen if they did this to someone who was; say particularly sensitive when touched and 'accidentally' kneed one of the search's in the chops...? Of course I'm not saying anyone should use violence against someone else, just wondering what would happening.
Frankly I think these machines are the thin end of the wedge, maybe soon they'll pick up on RFD chips so that if you don't have one of these things as well then you can't come in.
I would still rather be 'man-handled' than walk through one of those things any day tho.

w ww.news.com.au
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:32 AM
link   
reply to post by k0mbination

Hey you might actually enjoy being man-handled, you never know

On a serious note, I chose not to fly anymore if I can help it. I will drive or take some other method of travel. We are in a prison country. This is what they do with prisoners, patting them down before they move them from place to place. We are either free or we aren't. It's looking more and more like those "terrorists" succeeded in taking away our freedom, exactly what are government was supposed to defend against. We have become the suspected, while looking for the one amongst us that might have bad intentions. I've never seen a terrorist before, but I have been effected by the policy decisions made after 9/11.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
I'm pretty sure there used to be terrorists in the 70's and 80's and they actually did stuff like hijacking planes,now we have to go through checkpoint after checkpoint of searching to keep us safe from the tourerists,aka ourselves.Flying used to be fun ,i remember as a kid i would ask if i could go and see the cockpit,no problemo sonny jim,Try that now and you will be face down in a pile of paranoia.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
What gets me are the ones that go through the scanner happily. They really think that it will keep them safe.
I, like others, refuse to fly. If I cant drive , I'm not going.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
The threat is obviously not as intense as they would have us believe!
On a recent business trip to Russia, I flew from Terminal 1 at London Heathrow and fully expected the full body scanner. There were none!
So, if there really were such a huge threat, shouldn't every terminal have these in place? Are potential hijackers only expected to fly certain airlines from specific terminals? Of course not!

The threats we are presented with by the government and hysterical media just do not exist, except in the minds of the "security" apparatus and certain agencies who stand to gain increased budgets, or the manufacturers who will see an upswell in their order intake and share price. Not forgetting of course any current and previous members of the government security apparatus with a tidy shareholding in this technology. As someone well versed in risk assessment and security, the glaring holes in pre-flight security and the obvious vulnerabilities I can identify could potentially enable a small group to effectively shut down an entire country's flight system, without ever having to set foot on a plane or martyr themselves in the process.

Now, I am sure the government and the airlines have people on much higher pay-grades than me advising them, so if they cannot see it as a risk, then they are either blind or secretly know there is no real threat.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Britguy]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:32 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

there were terrorist's in the 70's but they had bigger moustaches! but seriously i still can't figure out just what is the point of these machines? they will be ineffectual at doing they're supposed job so what else are they there for, I really think they are there as a precursor to something else. Or maybe it's just to piss us off.
As for being manhandled...ah well just have to lie back and think of england I suppose!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:14 AM
link   

Maybe they are genuinely concerned for our safety I will still fly whatever they do ,I just wish they wouldnt spray me with pesticide before they open the cabin doors after landing.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
Here's an idea:

Stop flying! Stop being violated! Bankrupt the aircraft companies!

I know I will- who needs all that grief as well as the airport grief and the delay grief.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:23 AM
link   
reply to post by 12voltz

you know I would love to believe there is a benign reason behind it all, but when you look at how much the world governments have lied to us over the years how can you? They've cried wolf way to many times to be believed anymore, which is a shame because I also believe that no matter what they do it won't matter in the end, the truth will out and we will be ok. i just wish they believed that so we didn't have to go through all this bollocks to get there

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
reply to post by catwhoknows

the problem with that is I love to travel, and as I've gotten older I get more seasick!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:26 AM
link   

So, swim there! Good exercise!

Just kidding.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:30 AM
link   

ha only as long as your in the boat beside with emergency chocolate and the odd beer!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   
Not even airline personnel like the amount of security at airports. (least not the ones that use the hotel I work at as a crash pad)

Frankly these security measures don't and won't work anyway. I just wish they would understand that if you choose to take an airplane to your destination you also understand that there is some risk attached to it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

Result! I will be in the emergency boat with choc and beer!

Cheers!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:00 AM
link   

aaannnd maybe a burger as well...and don't forget my water wings. sod it lets just go to the pub and say I did it!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

my point exactly. If the point of it all is really pointless then why are they doing it

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:11 AM
link   

OK, I will bring a hamburger as well - but the sad truth is that the world has a few people who want to kill others and gain control - this is why the airline industry has to be so careful.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   

my point exactly. If the point of it all is really pointless then why are they doing it

The illusion of security.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I see your point!

top topics

<<   2 >>

join