It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Newsweek-Calling the President a MUSLIM!?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I think you owe cindyremainsatroll a big thank you!

Review the thread, cindy has done a lot to raise your thread count!

I think they put the asterisk in the wrong place, going on the editors political leanings.

That's right because without me, there was no thread to have was there?

I asked what the conspiracy was. I asked what this had to do with ATS. I got no answers. Maybe you can tell me? What is the point of this thread other than the OP not reading it correctly? I have asked more than once but no one has provided an answer. What is the point of this thread? I am a troll for pointing out how English works but the OP is your hero for starting a thread on where an asterisk is and where he thinks it should be?
OK!
Please tell me what other amazing ATS worthy threads will be coming soon that I should avoid so as to let them die in a page and not upset you? What is next, the nefarious use of a comma before the word "and?" Oh I know, Time magazine and their sick love for semi-colons? Hey, this is ATS afterall, right? How about we take a look at what John Cusack twitters too!

This thread was a lame attempt to talk about what then? What are we discussing? You please tell me all about what you think Alter really meant then. He is the editor and the author so it would be his choice where that asterisk went, no? So how about you just stop playing games and tell us all what the big mystery here is.

I see, some people getting excited because they cannot read. If I am way off on that, then please clear it up for me.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by abecedarian
The original purpose of the thread was to discuss the cover. The article itself was superfluous.
However it now seems the thread no longer has a single purpose.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by abecedarian]

Someone must have stopped you all from continuing on with that solid purpose then? Since I have not touched any of you or your computers, it cannot be me so I have to guess it is the fact that you have all been schooled now in how to read and that would by why this thread has no purpose. Hell, I am still trying to find this "discussion" about the cover we were having. Maybe you need to read the whole first page again and see if you can find it for me. Maybe if you actually read the article and new anything about the person that wrote it, you would not all be so confused?

I am more than happy to learn all about the big conspiracy here. Lets ignore the rules of the English language and get at them. What does it take to get to the conspiracy? This is the 4th page?

Maybe you guys can move some more words around, take some stuff out, add some things and go from there.

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower
reply to post by Hefficide

Yes, look at the cover again, but first look at the Newsweek component.

The making of a
President

Just some component breakdowns to show.
What does the red signify? Does it signify anything?
How about the Red Star, almost Chinese in a way.
Red China, Red Star?

Oh right, you have been doing that all along.

"Well if you take out this word and move this word here...."and if you just use a different magazine, you will have all different words. What does Penthouse say on the cover this month? Let's use those words for this conspiracy as long as we are just making stuff up.

OK, I'm all ears. What did we uncover here?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
reply to post by clay2 baraka

Sad that on an English speaking forum supposedly populated by intelligent adults that you had to go look that up for everyone and I suspect you are right about the goal of the thread as well. I have asked what exactly the conspiracy is and no one seems to know.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains

The original purpose of the thread was to discuss the cover. The article itself was superfluous.
However it now seems the thread no longer has a single purpose.

Someone must have stopped you all from continuing on with that solid purpose then? Since I have not touched any of you or your computers, it cannot be me so I have to guess it is the fact that you have all been schooled now in how to read and that would by why this thread has no purpose. Hell, I am still trying to find this "discussion" about the cover we were having. Maybe you need to read the whole first page again and see if you can find it for me. Maybe if you actually read the article and new anything about the person that wrote it, you would not all be so confused

You and I had been discussing the cover, rather tediously I add.
Right or wrong, your opinion of said is more than welcome. And with all due respect, I have mentioned previously I understand colloquial writing; I have not been schooled on anything I was not already aware. I understand the common interpretation of the cover as you have so diligently tried to stress as correct yet for some reason you cannot come to grips with its technical inaccuracy.

Therefore we should agree to disagree, as the saying goes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:36 PM
link   

Sad that on an English speaking forum supposedly populated by intelligent adults that you had to go look that up for everyone and I suspect you are right about the goal of the thread as well. I have asked what exactly the conspiracy is and no one seems to know.

Sad that on an English speaking forum, populated by people that cover the intelligence gamut that one would assume only one range of intelligence is capable of performing such a feat.

Argument amongst ourselves is the conspiracy. When people can't come to agreement, even if the agreement is that we have differing interpretations of the situation, the conspiracy is why can't we agree? We can't agree on language structure. We can't agree on intrisic or interpretive meaning. Simply, we can't agree. There is the conspiracy- maintain the divisions, prejudice, hostility and animosity... why?

In this day and age where everyone has access to information (generally, save for IP blocking / blacklisting though there are ways around it which take some diligence), why is it that people do not seek out information from multiple sides... that is the question, conspiracy even.

How do such alleged 'free thinkers' as we... how do we profess the human race as intelligent, yet it is it possible so many become so intrinsically programmed... no, "brainwashed... as to accept what they're told from an arbitrary source part and parcel sans interrogation?

Ooops. I said too much.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:44 PM
link   

You and I had been discussing the cover, rather tediously I add.
Right or wrong, your opinion of said is more than welcome. And with all due respect, I have mentioned previously I understand colloquial writing; I have not been schooled on anything I was not already aware. I understand the common interpretation of the cover as you have so diligently tried to stress as correct yet for some reason you cannot come to grips with its technical inaccuracy.

Therefore we should agree to disagree, as the saying goes.

Which brings us back to this gem right here...

I understand why it makes sense to you as I understand colloquial writing styles. However, in technical writing, your argument wouldn't stand.

Oh?

What does technical writing have to do with magazine covers?

My opinion come from my education. You have no idea what I do or what I have gone to school for. I do know from that above statement, you are not schooled in anything having anything to do with professional writing of any kind. No one that had even the basic levels of study required would refer to a magazine article title as technical writing. That is why I asked what technical writing had to do with this to which no answer ever came.

I have no problem with differing opinions but this is a simple matter of reality of how the English language works. It is technically correct and the way I read it. This has even been explained by others in the thread.

Unless you can tell me what this has to do with technical writing, you are speaking from a place not qualified. So please just go disagree.

I believe I have offered more than once to just concede so we can get on with the conspiracy. What is the holdup?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Since when do Rag writers who create tag lines and headlines to SELL magazines ever follow the strict rules of grammar and writing.

How did this thread slip into the realm of who has what college education?

Magazine covers are carefully created to create conversation at the water cooler and to stir debate. Hey, its happening on ATS with this Newsweek cover.

MIssion accomplished.

As far as Obama's religion of choice, even the goons on MSNBC, including Matthews, think he should have joined a local DC church from day one. The understand the political imagery attached to it. I guess Obama didn't get the memo...

Maybe newsweek is onto something

A truly astonishing thing happened on MSNBC Monday: three devout, liberal Obama supporters said the President is responsible for people thinking he's a Muslim.

During the opening segment of "Hardball," in a discussion about Glenn Beck's "Restoring Honor" rally and how the host and attendees view Obama's faith, Newsweek's Howard Fineman said, "Barack Obama probably should have joined a church here...some things in politics you have to do at least for the symbolism."

A bit later, the Washington Post's Eugene Robinson concurred: "Howard Fineman was in the earlier segment, but I tend to agree with him. I think -- I expected that when President Obama came to town, he and the family, as he said, would look around, find a church to go to and join a church and go there regularly."

Minutes later, Matthews also agreed saying, "You`re responsible for your reputation" (videos follow with transcripts and commentary):

Read more: newsbusters.org... _medium=twitter#ixzz0yFP7MVhj

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by cindyremains

Here's your conspiracy...Certain talent on MSNBC thinks that Obama needs to up the ante with regards to his religious preference. Come on Barry, just pick a church because people are starting to figure you out!!

Did you catch the big question mark at the end of the thread title?? The OP is merely presenting a scenario in the Political Madness forum.

I see that you are new here. Perhaps you can dig for conspiracies in the Political Conspiracy forum? Just a thought. Political Madness is actually Political Madness.

edit to correct some shameful spelling errors

[edit on 31-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   
fact
bama attended a muslim school and has had his religion listed as muslim on school documents. fact
bama is part kenyan. fact
bama is well aware that the leader of iran has been identified as a terrorist hostage taker by surviving hostages, yet still wants diplomatic ties with him.fact
bama is president.fact: newsweek is to news as tofu is to steak.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

>snip<
My opinion come from my education. You have no idea what I do or what I have gone to school for. I do know from that above statement, you are not schooled in anything having anything to do with professional writing of any kind. No one that had even the basic levels of study required would refer to a magazine article title as technical writing. That is why I asked what technical writing had to do with this to which no answer ever came.

Try explaining an issue with jitter on a T1 or DS0 over an OC3 or intermodulation from adjacent transmission facilities in a non-technical way.... You could not even hope to do so because your writing style and vernacular will not allow it. On the other hand, I have to deal with that daily.

To me, "technical" is explaining things in the most grammatically correct, ordered and proper way, leaving no room for mis-interpretation. My job depends on it. Placements of footnotes and asterisks have significant influence on what I write. Therefore I have to be meticulous when using them. And Newsweek doesn't....

I believe I have offered to concede so we can get on with the conspiracy. What is the holdup?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:47 PM
link   
reply to post by abecedarian

Don't let this ATS user bait you into a pointless argument. When he gets desperate he gets personal. Just a heads up.

carry on...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Don't let this ATS user bait you into a pointless argument. When he gets desperate he gets personal. Just a heads up.

carry on...

No bait.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman
fact
bama attended a muslim school and has had his religion listed as muslim on school documents. fact
bama is part kenyan. fact
bama is well aware that the leader of iran has been identified as a terrorist hostage taker by surviving hostages, yet still wants diplomatic ties with him.fact
bama is president.fact: newsweek is to news as tofu is to steak.

Is this Abe Froman, the sausage king of Chicago?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:58 AM
link   

indeed. leather vest, devastatingly handsome...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:06 AM
link   

No partisan here. Unless you think the Libertarians and Constitutionalists have enough power to be considered partisan.

As for axe grinding, I am an equal opportunity giant with an axe, when it comes to anyone that pushes the tyrannical power of the federal government.

But since the liberal progressive Bush is no longer the president, I guess ol Bama needs to be chopped down for his tyranny.

Funny how Bush being ol Bama light, the progressives did not slather their undying devotion to him as well. Oh well, is that Cognitive Dissonance causing you any problems yet?

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 03:49 PM
link   
Well, I see that ya'all had fun with this thread: English grammar, proper
alliteration, etc. However, folks, let's play Mr. Friday for just a moment-
"Just The Facts, Ma'am, Just The Facts":

Mr. Barack Hussein Obama has:

K-12 school records list his religion of faith as Muslim
--refused to have The American Flag present when he issues "speeches'
-spent $17 Million Dollars Barring the American Public from ALL
THE FOLLOWING DOCUMENTS:

Illinois State Bar Association Records
files from years as Illinois State Senator
All medical records
PASSPORT****
'Baptism' Records
Adoption record
Columbia University Records
Columbia University Thesis
Harvard Law School Records
The asteriks after PASSPORT were put there to get your attention
and to start you thinking: Place of birth listed on Passport?
Parental Lineage listed on Passport?
Prior Places Visited on Passport and
Dates Thereof?
Mr. Obama has known travel to Kenya in 1986 raising funds for his
militant, Muslim brother.
Said case against his aunt living in U.S. illegally for four ? years and
getting taxpayer money- case dropped
Case dropped against blacks harassing white voters due to obama's
intervention
Do you think Mr. Obama's relatives were told to go ahead and go to
the United States and live for free, because he was going to be
'prez' and if they got caught, he would make it all go away?

Do you think NewsWeek thought if they made the cover of the magazine
the way they did (to get people's attention), and then tried to make
'it all go away' by profuse obfuscation; that The American People
would not be able to see through this propaganda technique?

Let's see; last week Hillary announced through 'her' state department,
that mr. obama had 'dual citizenship.
Most public media managers know that the average Joe Schmo thinks
about something for two or three days, and then goes on to the next
topic. So, would it not seem natural that whomever is managing mr.
obama's profile is pulling out all the plugs to try to stop his downward
polls? (37% last ranking?). They probably thought if they confronted
'the rumours', they would go away.
Just the facts, Ma'am, Just The Facts

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by abe froman

indeed. leather vest, devastatingly handsome...

touch me and I yell rat.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
freedom of choice is what you want
freedom from choice is what you get

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Barry Obama is a Muslim,He converted to Islam in Indonesia. He went to Jeremiah Wright's racist Church in Chicago to gain political points with the Black Community.

posted on Sep, 2 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Freedom of Thought

Thanks for everybody putting the stars on!

For those who have researched "The Conspiracy" stories, and come up
with solid facts that cement your beliefs:
-Even I am reticent sometimes to post. Having had my computers destroyed three times (years ago, when I was young and innocent,
naive), I am well aware of all the hateful tricks people play to keep one
from posting the truth.
-I am well aware of FBI surveillance on lawful, patriotic, freedom-loving
American citizens who want their country back.
-I have come to the conclusion that evil flourishes in secret and darkness.
-It is up to us, all of us, to keep on trying: Posting and posting, information, facts and data.
-not wild ravings, emotional tirades (altho I am guilty of this on the latest
person occupying the White House: I have stooped to calling this person
bam bam).
-We must continue to speak out. Who cares if the FBI, CIA, Bilderbergs,
Illuminati, whomever ... monitor and read our posts. Maybe the truth will
sink in to some of those people who are caught in the depths of deception.
-For those who are searching, seeking answers, wanting reasons for the
chaos and mayhem which has surrounded our world: we must continue
to try to provide them with clear, logical information.
-I am tired of wondering if someone that hates me is going to find and read my posts. I am probably on their "counter-insurgency" list.
Good for me. I will stand up for what I believe AMERICA should be,
and what I believe is wrong with her. ..and who made her that way.
-It is our silence that has let evil go so far.
-We are made in the image of God, and we have His Power in our voices.
We are made to tell the truth and we MUST continue to do so.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join