It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unwanted anger at public with disclosure

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
Since I was three, I've believed in aliens visiting our planet. Like the many on here, I hope that disclosure comes within our lifetimes, but at the same time I believe I'll get REALLY ticked off when it does occur because of how the public will handle it.

I don't believe, as Hollywood shows us, of people freaking out and everything. I think that people will jump on the bandwagon and go on about how they always believed in extraterrestrial life, and how many knew that it was possible, etc.

I just think it will be a slap in the face for the many of us who are branded crazies by the rest of the world, when IT ISN'T A CRAZY IDEA.

And it's an even bigger slap in the fact for the many legends of this field, who investigated, researched, and discussed that alien life does exist, and that they've visited our planet, and those people that still do.

Maybe it's unwarranted, or maybe someone on here can help, but I just get angry at how the world will continue on following like the sheeple they are.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:18 PM
link   
agreed that most people will say, well, it was pretty obvious, I knew about it

but really, my real opinion? its very POSSIBLE that they are around here, but I dont know

I really dont know if there are aliens here ... there is no way to know

but they exist somewhere in the universe, if the universe is really what we think it is

the only way to imagine that aliens dont exist, is to say that our universe is a simulation in a computer and they didnt have enough processing power to make life some place else

and thats it

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mak Manto
Since I was three, I've believed in aliens visiting our planet. Like the many on here, I hope that disclosure comes within our lifetimes, but at the same time I believe I'll get REALLY ticked off when it does occur because of how the public will handle it.

I don't believe, as Hollywood shows us, of people freaking out and everything. I think that people will jump on the bandwagon and go on about how they always believed in extraterrestrial life, and how many knew that it was possible, etc.

I just think it will be a slap in the face for the many of us who are branded crazies by the rest of the world, when IT ISN'T A CRAZY IDEA.

And it's an even bigger slap in the fact for the many legends of this field, who investigated, researched, and discussed that alien life does exist, and that they've visited our planet, and those people that still do.

Maybe it's unwarranted, or maybe someone on here can help, but I just get angry at how the world will continue on following like the sheeple they are.

People who REALLY study this issue understand that "Disclosure" IS coming, there is no doubt, however when and how are the sticky points.

It is frustrating because there are some wombats out there who regularly predict "Disclosure" for their own agenda's. These so called ufologists do the issue no good and only create confusion within the ET/UFO community.

Personally I would not start a thread on Disclosure here at ATS, because even the mention of the word here is ammunition for a very big loaded gun. Saying that, I love to discuss the issue with people who understand the complexities of the subject. I just say BRING IT ON!!!

See my signature below, nuff said!!!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

Find a person who doesn't believe in extraterrestrials or does not think contact is possible. They are rare. Most people do believe (a few conspiracy-mongers, religious-nuts and cynics aside). They just do not share your zealous devotion.

No, it is not a crazy idea. Few think it is. However, what gets you branded is wild speculation, confusing speculation with reality, a willingness to believe anything and everything no matter how little evidence supports it. And threads like this, where you act superior, calling those who disagree with you "sheeple" as if you are somehow better than everyone else because of your zealousness.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   

No, it is not a crazy idea. Few think it is. However, what gets you branded is wild speculation, confusing speculation with reality, a willingness to believe anything and everything no matter how little evidence supports it. And threads like this, where you act superior, calling those who disagree with you "sheeple" as if you are somehow better than everyone else because of your zealousness.

I didn't say those that disagree with me are sheeple. I said the people who jump on the bandwagons are sheeple...

Pay attention. I have no problem if people don't believe extraterrestrials are able to come to this planet, or if they even exist. They have an opinion, but my problem is with the sheeple who will continue to side with whatever they're told or shown.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by downunderET

People who REALLY study this issue understand that "Disclosure" IS coming, there is no doubt, however when and how are the sticky points.

It is frustrating because there are some wombats out there who regularly predict "Disclosure" for their own agenda's. These so called ufologists do the issue no good and only create confusion within the ET/UFO community.

Personally I would not start a thread on Disclosure here at ATS, because even the mention of the word here is ammunition for a very big loaded gun. Saying that, I love to discuss the issue with people who understand the complexities of the subject. I just say BRING IT ON!!!

See my signature below, nuff said!!!!

Well, I'm not referring to the people who do predict disclosure, such as the Chinese astronomer who stated disclosure will be coming out by 2012.

I don't know when it is coming, nor do I try to even attempt to figure out a date. It's pointless to do so.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:49 PM
link   

I didn't say those that disagree with me are sheeple. I said the people who jump on the bandwagons are sheeple...

It does not matter why you are calling them sheeple, it is the fact you are calling them sheeple. You degrade, dehumanize them, as if you are somehow superior, then you wonder why they are off-put by this subject.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by DoomsdayRex

It does not matter why you are calling them sheeple, it is the fact you are calling them sheeple. You degrade, dehumanize them, as if you are somehow superior, then you wonder why they are off-put by this subject.

Many people in the world are like that, Rex. They don't want to know what's going on, and accept everything at face value.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Mak Manto

Dear Mak Manto

For those that do not go off their heads at the news 95% of them will ask the first alien they meet if they enjoyed the game the night before.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:27 AM
link   

How close do you think disclosure is?
2012 before the end of the world?
2015 when hieroglyphics say they will be back?
2020 when moon exploration takes place again
2030 when a man mission to mars gets the go ahead?
2047 when disclosure becomes a century old?

What if it disclosure doesn't come?

people thought disclosure was coming in the 50's.
That was 40yrs ago.

The best thing to think about is what will mankind create and how will life be in 2050.

new topics

top topics

join