It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The illusion of free will is the greatest illusion

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:17 AM
link   
Free will exists, people don't notice it. Life is made on mistakes not perfection, if perfecection would be the case then we would all be the same.
Mistakes are an expiriance, not doing something perfect, unable to have visions, asking, searching.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by lagenese

How would we ascertain what is free will and what is not?
We are all conditioned from birth.
We are also driven by hormones etc.
What is all this nonsense about the soul, universal records, here to experience and then move on, stuff?
Perhaps free will is indeed readily available and more prevalent than you think.
The real illusion is all those misconceptions you have about yourself and that you know anything at all about life's purpose.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by midicon

How would we ascertain what is free will and what is not?
We are all conditioned from birth.

I would have one question for you. Do you really do what you want in life, or are you subjected to higher authorities, whether spiritual, political or philosophical? if the answer is yes, then you are part of the few that have reached the free will status, and manipulation/influence is impossible. If not, you have to follow the flow of the program.

I do have to remind people to read the note i wrote at the beginning of this thread.

Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by lagenese
If choice (free will) was real in the physical experience, then happiness would become the norm, for everyone, 24/7.

Haha, according the advocates of free will, it seems as if we want to live in misery and pain

-v

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
We do have free will, but people don't understand their own desires fully.

People don't know exactly what they want or why they want what they want.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
reply to post by Jezus

To me it seems as if you have just debunked yourself

But I try to think it over. You said:

Originally posted by Jezus

So, everyone wants happiness to themselves and mostly even for others. But we cannot have this. The world (read: nature, existence) doesn't really care about our will - whatever you want, may or may not come true. We may argue that we can imagine whatever we want, but that is false as well. If one looks deep enough into one own mind, one can perceive that there are past experiences, past feelings and so forth that constitute our present selves. So whatever we will, are based on "past life", education, upraising, personal characteristics, environment, hormones, genes and so on. Our will is based very much on both biology and culture.

-v

[edit on 31-8-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jezus

If people would transmute their egoic desires into egoic needs, they would notice a big difference in their understanding regarding the mysteries of life. There would be no more existential questions towards the physical experience.

If people do not know what they want, it's because they have forgotten who they were and why they are here, and they are not aware of the manipulation and influence they are subjected to on a daily basis.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Hello Lagenese, thanks for replying.
I am not subject to any higher authority. In fact I recognise no higher authority.
However that doesn't mean I have free will. I may just have a rebellious disposition, or indeed I may have been conditioned to be this way.
I am free to do what I want to do, but do I know what I want?
Is what I want the result of conditioning or chemicals?
The real illusion, is that we think we know who we are.
Knowing ourselves leads naturally to free will.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by midicon

You want the truth, look on your left side, it's a big blue, you take the blue pill the story ends, no more games, you take the red pill you game your self into the illusion.
The blue pill will make us see the truth, red is the beast, like fire it burns, it can even trick it's self not only others. When we will begin to see around us we will understand, I hear the blue sun is coming, not so bad.

666 is red, it has been switched around, the sun needs a buchet of water, it will refresh it, sun needs water. In a way we feel like the sun is now, agitated.

...and the truth shall set you free.

I'm happy when it rains, everything becomes fresh, people feel more alive, you have a stronger sense of reality.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by pepsi78]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:43 AM
link   
I agree in concept.

The arguments presented against your concept all seem to have the same flaw - they speak of choosing X or Y, A or B, 1 or 2 as exhibiting free will. As I see it, "free will" is being denied if the choices are constrained - if the choice must be made between X or Y - where is the free will? Truly free will accepts no constraints IMO.

gj

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:53 AM
link   
You have free will to choose, just not freedom to actually get what you choose because your choices will conflicts with other people's choices. Free-will doesn't mean the same thing as absolute freedom.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I'm not agitated!
Why all the silly talk?
Knowing yourself will set you free.
I'm glad you like the rain.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by midicon

It's true, for example, the more colder is outside the more you feel your self on the inside, the more your spirit becomes stronger. Your vibrations become stronger. The sun and the dark need to be combined for our own sake, or we become too weak or to condensed.

For example, it is snowing outside on a cold winter, you come in your home and you take a bath, your vibrations will go off the chart. The more real you are to your self the more stronger the inner you becomes. It is only when the two forces that are combined that we achive perfect order and harmony. It is too hot, it is true, it is the sun. When everything is clear like ice we are closer to the spirit world, we feel stronger inside. The illusion they promote today is not real but reallity is. Don't you dream better or sleep better when it's cold outside on a cold winter ? Your dreams become clear like cristals, you rest better because you are stronger.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

This doesn’t really address the concept of free will.
And I have no illusions about the illusion!
What you are saying could be interesting in a mad sort of way
In a different sort of way are you talking about the conjunction of opposites, leading to self-realization?
Said realization leading to free will?

What vibrations are you waffling about?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by midicon
reply to post by pepsi78

This doesn’t really address the concept of free will.
And I have no illusions about the illusion!
What you are saying could be interesting in a mad sort of way
In a different sort of way are you talking about the conjunction of opposites, leading to self-realization?
Said realization leading to free will?

What vibrations are you waffling about?

The more you reflect on your self the more true you are, you can't decide if you give in.

Look at my statements above and to things you hear and see.
For example, the cremation of care, bohimiam grove.
You have care in you, you, your feelings, they get cremated by burning.
The more hotter it gets without the other side, your stronger self, the one you got it from your colder side the more you don't care, the more you give into the illusion. A snake can live in extreme heat enviorment, like the desert, so a reptile because of it's blood, a snake will feed on the sun, once the sun turns blue it's game over for the reptile.

It's plane and simple,
hotter=less substance.
colder= more substance.

Hot it melts, cold it creates.
Hot on the inside, cold on the outside.
Humans can deal with an ice age, snakes take it bad.
So I'm for the ice age, to clean stuff out, for humanity to get back to humanity to sense and perception.

The illusion of free will is an illusion if you want it to be, other wise it becomes reallity. So many have become corupted when we have lots and lots of freewill. The more you give in the less you have free will ?
The more hotter it becomes the less you are because you melt away, like an ice man, so for free will to be you have to stay an ice man.

There is a famos quote, to be or not to be, it's our choice, I pray to god for an ice age, to clear out these scums that have tricked humanity long enough, they are tricksters, so I would say don't give into the illusion, they are the illusion not us.

Hot on the inside and cold on the outside, cold creates heat, care.
Fire with fire will just burn everything, no feeling, no perception, it's what they want.

So if we are hot on the inside, we are the light, the tree, they want to take that away.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
As long as we remain on this experimental planet, with out experimental consciousness, we are in a state of domination, either from visible or invisible realms of reality. The awakening to this reality is not easy for the ego that is under the impression that he has control over his life and destiny. The polarized mind is one of the reasons why humans are constantly arguing and fighting amongst each other. When humans will find a way to obliterate the polarity present within the mind, they will finally put an end to any and all forms of domination and influence.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Oblitarating the polarity= The conjunction of opposites=Becoming yourself.
Seeing through the illusion of who we think we are is the only way free will can be expressed.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

You have it in you, if you go by what they sell you give it away, you give your self away, your are giving your consciousness to them, feeding them.
You are not gaining knowlege you are throwing it away, they feed on your energy, don't feed the monsters. Your pineal gland, the crown has to be closed down, then it can vibrate, if you open it you become weak and you give your self away to them. Strong projection of your self is done on high vibrations, you can only do that if it's closed down so it has the power to vibrate, not the other way around, if you are leaking energy and it's open then you are projection in an world of illusion. It's like a motor leaking oil, it will lose power.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:16 PM
link   
reply to post by pepsi78

I do not need to acquire knowledge, it comes naturally through inner knowing. I do not feel the need to retain this knowledge for it is present within my mind whenever i need it. I do not lose energy, i channel energy.
Peace

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by v01i0
Haha, according the advocates of free will, it seems as if we want to live in misery and pain

-v

I agree and I really think they do. They're everywhere. They must be destroyed because they don't care about taking me with them.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join