It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange lights/massive helicopter activity over Stanly County NC

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
I JUST went outside to get a breath of night air before heading to bed, and looked toward the west and there is a far distant light, flickering red and something else. It was stationary and I watched it for a good 10 mins, as a matter of fact, as I am typing this, I AM STILL LOOKING at it. It hasnt moved from its current position.
Also, there has been increased mil helicopter activity from the air national guard base about 1/2 mile from my house. they dont house aircraft here, but they stage here for whatever training is going on.
Anyone else west of albemarle see this light?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
Could you take a picture please? Or find a neighbor who can?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
Yes, pictures would be great! Video even better.

Do you happen to have a radio that picks up police and aircraft transmissions? Perhaps you could hear some chatter relating to what is going on.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
I dont have that unfortunately, and my video camera wouldnt pick it up

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   
Any other info on the object? or the lights, how are they strange?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
Im in Concord, and i cant see anything.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

Its gone now, kind of faded out, but it stayed in the same place, not moving for over 10 mins

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by PokeyJoe

yes this would have been in your direction..maybe more NW...china grove direction

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
More than likely you are seeing a star or a planet, if it is stationary for a long time. Download Stellarium and plug in your location and the time/date you saw this. I bet you will find your answer.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
i will try this, TYVM

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It MAY have been Acturus, but the flashing light just seemed to be at a patterned sequence
TY for the program, i'm gonna play with that for hours now lol
gonna see if i can customize it to what i see from my front door lol

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:05 AM
link   
DUDE!!!
Im in Harrisburg, PA and I saw it too!!!
Me and my girl was driving home on the highway at around 10 - 11 pm
And I saw this flashing light
It was really high up in the sky like the upper atmosphere and it kept flashing Red, White, and Blue,
And it was stationary for awhile,
It doesnt flash like any kind of plane or helicopter,
It looks like a strobe light changing colors really fast,

After 15 or 20 minutes, It disappeared for like 2 or 3 seconds, Then all of the sudden, It looked like it came lower, I said "ITS LOWER!!!!!......"
I turned a corner and i saw it turn with me almost like it was synchronized, I saw it make a right angle turn,
I said to my girl "WHOAAAAAA!!!! IT JUST TURNED WITH US!!!!"

It was flying at about 1000 feet and it was moving with my car,
and It looks like it was a dragon fly shape like The Drone UFO case,
It had 3 white lights along its tail, and then a whole bunch of red and blue lights in a circular shape,
With the tail facing forward,

After about 15 more minutes when I was a couple miles away from my house,
It disappeared....

I know it wasnt a helicopter because it wasnt making noise,
And the red and blue lights were flashing really fast like a strobe light changing colors like 50 times per second,
and the white lights on the tail lit up in order like 1,2,3 1,2,3 1,2,3 really fast like 200 times per minute
It almost looked like a diamond sparkling really fast

If its still traveling in the same direction it might be up by the Netherlands or Greenland by now

I also saw a really bright star or planet to the east of the flashing object,
Ive never seen a planet or star that bright before,
It kind of looks like a UFO I seen last year but its not moving,
Or it might just be Mars really close to earth

[edit on 31-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:21 AM
link   
reply to post by HomerinNC

Why not go and investigate firsthand instead of hopping on here as a first reaction?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by HomerinNC
reply to post by greeneyedleo

It MAY have been Acturus, but the flashing light just seemed to be at a patterned sequence
TY for the program, i'm gonna play with that for hours now lol
gonna see if i can customize it to what i see from my front door lol

Why do stars twinkle?

Sometimes, they seem to flash different colors and sparkle. The stars do not appear completely steady and unchanging. This is what amateur astronomers and most people in the general public would call twinkling. Naturally, professional astronomers can’t use such a simple term as twinkling, though! Instead, we call this twinkling effect scintillation.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:14 AM
link   
I know stars have a twinkling effect while planets dont, I've studied astronomy since I was a child, I dont think this was a star, All I know it sat there and changed colors as it sat there

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
WHOA.

i was just outside around 6am central time, im in texas and i was looking to the east smoking a cigarette. I always look at this spot in the sky at this time because it's the only space in between 2 big trees when im looking out from my patio. anyway, i saw exactly what youre describing.

I was going to come post it on ATS!!!

you beat me to it!!!

i thought it might be a planet, but it was twinkling so much, almost like an airplane or something but it was small like a star and wasnt moving at all. just twinkling. then i felt like my mind was playing tricks on me and i thought it might have been moving but im not sure...i was just really tripped out by it.

i cant believe someone posted this exact same thing..how cool! even if it is just a planet, it must mean SOMETHING if we all noticed it?

new topics

top topics

join