It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Eight Years of Iraq War Cost Less Than Stimulus Act

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Not to mention the 1,200 intelligence agencies that are now in operation in the US.

Like I said, this article is a gross distortion of budget facts. Not worthy of a real news agency, but for Fox...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Common Good
November can not come soon enough.

::hits the ejection button::

And do you REALLY think who is a candidate then will actually make a, wee, as OBAMA put it, "a change"?

Unless this country realizes that we have to get all the "incumbents", the politicians in Congress, that have been running this country for 10, 20, or more years, the ones who have been in BED with the LOBBYISTS for, hell, their whole damn political lives in Washington, this country will never "straighten out"!

Wanna see something scary?

Just look how long some of ou "REPRESENTATIVES have actually been CONTROLLING our government!

(PS, Theirs TOO many to list or to put on this post, so please check it out!)

List of members of the United States Congress by longevity of service
There's something wrong with our system that lets people stay in power this long in our government.

I say 2-3 terms in Congress and your done!

And I'm sure our "founding fathers", if they realized how long some people have been in Congress, would agree!

I REALLY don't think our "forefathers", the ones who wrote our Constitution, the ones who, were BRAVE enough to fight for their freedom back then, [EVER figured that, after they wrote the US Constitution, that their country would EVER have people in Congress this long!

They were worried about a president having too much power, they never even thought about, or envisioned somebody in Congress staying there too long and, how shall I say it, making too many friends, (read that as lobbyists).

Now, it's like, "We the People", have no say in anything these "CAREER Politicians do, in "OUR" name!

[edit on 8/30/2010 by Keyhole]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:02 PM
link   
so you're saying the 8 year war is justified and the stimulus plan isn't?

thats exactly what you're saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Why did they only count the cost of the Iraq war? Why not Afghanistan and Pakistan. We're fighting a war in the Middle East, not just Iraq.

This link tells the true tale of the cost of the war. $1.9 trillion to date.

Additionally, we know what the cost of the war is because the money has already been spent. We don't know what the cost of the stimulus will be because it is only a projected budget at this time. As with the bank bailout, it could very well come far under what is anticipated. The budget for the bailout was $700 billion and has so far only cost about $105 billion. Source

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join