It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fidel Castro says he was 'at death's door

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Violater1
Why didn't he just walk through?
It would have spaired us from listening to more of his *snip*!

Or, you could have just, you know, not clicked on the thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
All we had to do to bail out General Motors was to let
Them sale some New Chevy's to Cuban.
But Oh No
It not American To Trade with Cuba!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Only on ATS do they appluad a dictator who's luncay has just grown greater in his later days LOL. Kids.

The difference between American and Cuba is that America can hide it's civil rights violations.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Only on ATS do they appluad a dictator who's luncay has just grown greater in his later days LOL. Kids.

I don't think they are applauding him, princeofpeace. ( are you trying to start trouble, o peaceful one
?)

It's the irony of someone who was actually a dictator, someone who actually went up against the USA and colluded with mother Russia and now he's got a tin foil hat on like all the rest of us here.

It's a bizarre turn of events is what it is. Like I said it's ironic, but it's also a rare case. He metaphorically turned from one of "them", someone from "the powers that be" into one of "us" and is therefor a fascinating oddity, so to speak.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The only thing I got wrong in school was
I thought you were suppose to raise your hand when you
have a question.
But now when I have a question they claim that I am wearing a
Tin Foil Hat and they do no see me with my arm raised!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by dragonsmusic

It's the irony of someone who was actually a dictator, someone who actually went up against the USA and colluded with mother Russia and now he's got a tin foil hat on like all the rest of us here.

I couldn't agree with that more.
It's intriguing that someone of this calliber has actually seemed to take a step back and look at things and speak about things in a... *different* way. Is it wrong to wonder what this dying "dictator" has to say??

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Wookiep]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   
reply to post by princeofpeace

Pull out the losing card, willya? You'd be shocked at how many people your age are not mindless, party-line sheep.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by On the Edge

He became a Conspiracy Theorist and is just as curious as the rest of us to see how this all plays out!

Castro's a conspiracy victim. I'm sure he could tell everyone here a thing or two about conspiracies.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:20 AM
link   
i wish he would die already..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gmoneycricket
I am American
My Leaders have been trying to
Starve Cubans for 37 plus years.
Castro is still alive.
Time to end the Sanctions?

Why?

The Cuban Government doesn't want the elite wealthy international vacationers to see the real Cubans while they spend their billions on trips to Cuban paradise resorts. I think the average Cuban would love to have the tiniest bite of what is served to the foreign wealthy elite there.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6e1826fb364c.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/832d50913d84.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3e9d8d366f49.jpg[/atsimg]
Hotels in Cuba
Cuba Resorts
Weddings in Cuba

Yeah it's good to be the king.
I mean a Dictator.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Slayer -

I've seen you post this response several times now in other threads. You're prolly right about the corruption in Cuba. Hell, we've got corrupt bankers running the show here, and around the world... Anyway, what do you feel about Castros statements recently? It's not like he's been the official "dictator" of Cuba for a while now.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Wookiep

It's simple.

His handlers are delusional enough in thinking that his name still has some sort of geopolitical clout not realizing just how foolish to the masses he appears. So his name gets a good headline run or two for a few days. That's about it. Sure he'll attract attention but for what?

In the end it's all BS.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by Wookiep

It's simple.

His handlers are delusional enough in thinking that his name still has some sort of geopolitical clout not realizing just how foolish to the masses he appears. So his name gets a good headline run or two for a few days. That's about it. Sure he'll attract attention but for what?

In the end it's all BS.

Interesting. Thanks!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
It is too bad he does not share his experience on the other side. From the last sentence in the article I think he has faced his Maker and has been granted an opportunity of Change within.

He is unwilling to share his experience most likely for one of two reasons:

1 - his view of hell has left Castro unable to articulate where he will spend eternity.

2 - Doesn't want to admit to all his communist minions that he's been wrong all these years.

[edit on 8/31/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by highfreq
Fidel Castro has become my new favorite dictator. His awesomeness has just got greater since he has stepped down from power. I have to admit reading the articles and the threads related to Castro's recent discovery of conspiracy theories has become a guilty pleasure.

My favorite story from history was how he indoctrinated school children into his (old?) communist belief that there is no God - religion being the "opiate" of the people and all that.

Castro had the elementary-level teachers tell the children to close their eyes and pray to God for some candy. Of course, there was none.

Then he had the children pray to castro for candy, and lo and behold, there it was!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wookiep
reply to post by dragonsmusic

I couldn't agree with that more.
It's intriguing that someone of this calliber has actually seemed to take a step back and look at things and speak about things in a... *different* way. Is it wrong to wonder what this dying "dictator" has to say??

It's intriguing indeed, Wookiep.
As for your question, no it's not wrong to wonder about that at all.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
For knee-jerk Castro haters, here is a quote...

"I believe that there is no country in the world including any and all the countries under colonial domination, where economic colonization, humiliation and exploitation were worse than in Cuba, in part owing to my country’s policies during the Batista regime. I approved the proclamation which Fidel Castro made in the Sierra Maestra, when he justifiably called for justice and especially yearned to rid Cuba of corruption. I will even go further: to some extent it is as though Batista was the incarnation of a number of sins on the part of the United States. Now we shall have to pay for those sins. In the matter of the Batista regime, I am in agreement with the first Cuban revolutionaries. That is perfectly clear."

– U.S. President John F. Kennedy, interview with Jean Daniel, October 24, 1963

History is not always what is taught to you in public schools and shown to you on TV. It is often much more complicated, and much more interesting.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   
It seems like every day brings a more far-out pronouncement from Fidel.

How much longer until he shares his thoughts on the Annunaki and Nibiru?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by erumisato
For knee-jerk Castro haters, here is a quote...

History is not always what is taught to you in public schools and shown to you on TV. It is often much more complicated, and much more interesting.

Knee jerk?

Some of us are old enough to have actually lived through the real history.

Go peddle your wares to somebody else.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The ghosts that Castro fought against are long gone, he's just an old dinosaur from another era, wracked with fantasies and conspiracy theories, hoping one last time that his world vision will somehow be proved right and that the United States will be consumed in a cataclysm before he dies.

The truth is that the US will lift the last of the restrictions on Cuban travel and trade as soon as we can get him in a hole, and the Cuban people will finally know a better life.

<< 1   >>

join