It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add for "take down tape" for Beck, act of desperation?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by tspark

I think there is a difference....and this should apply both to Repubs and Dems..

if your an elected official...and you've done reallllllllly bad things .... then the people should know what they didn't know when they elected them....

Same goes with priest, pastors, deacons, rabbi's

News people, commentators, DJ's average joes....IMO defamation to destroy a career or a person/family should not be undertaken....ie Rush

Here's why I agree and disagree at the same time:

Rush should have his dirty laundry aired specifically because his role (in media) is one of confidence with his listeners. His listeners, many of whom take Rush's word verbatim as fact, are being influenced in ways similar to that of the pastor or rabbi. They are an audience of people who devote their time to hearing what he has to say.

I don't know if this is too absolutist, but let's say that a person's sphere of influence is directly proportionate to their ability to be gossiped about.

For this scenario, let's look at a hypothetical village. A member of the village does something bad, no one finds out, it's between him and his conscience.

Another villager cheats on his wife, people find out and he is ostracized. But people in other villages do not know him and do not find out about the gossip because he has no relevance in their lives.

Now, fast forward to modern Western society: if you are a nobody, but do something infamous (or at least considered taboo by many or most people) you are now blast on Youtube, Facebook, Twitter, the News, blogs, etc.

And that's if you're a nobody. That's not fair. You need to pay your dues for things you've done wrong, but part of that punishment should not include infamy throughout the greater nation or world. It should be restricted to your village.

I mean, if you do something that deserves revenge, like being put to death. Then, so be it. If you do anything less than that, you should be able to recover and not be haunted for it for the rest of your life.

Now, to Rush and Beck. They are people like you and me. But they're professional liars and manipulators. Let's say Beck did cheat on his wife or have a freaky sex tape. That would be taboo in our society. But, does it need to ruin his career and destroy his life?

Well, if we were back in the village, it probably would have - depending on the culture and how they viewed adultery. If he was killed for it, so be it. If not, well, he should be able to leave that village and eventually find a new place to live and not be any more haunted for his mistake than the ostracism itself.

However, since Beck and Rush put themselves out there (like all celebrities) they open themselves to many, many more people than they could or would have in a small village of yesteryear.

Can't you see how it is reciprocal to the increased sphere of influence?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

i wonder how we would feel if someone "around office" was looking to do the same to us....something they could expose to destroy us, our credibility our reputation...etc...etc

you believe glenn beck has a reputation for being credible?

he can't even follow his own advice.

"Speak without fear"
-glenn beck

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask

"I was actually trying to mimic what I saw as the way right wingers go about these matters, and by misapprehending the way they do things, I went too far.

Im sorry, when have people like Glenn ever gone to extremes like THIS to to take on ANYONE on the left?

From your complete OP, you take one guy's ad and extrapolate that to indict the entire left...but you want us to restrict our response to "people like Glenn?" No, it doesn't work like that.

The alleged "Whitey Tape"

The Clinton Chronicles & Obstruction of Justice: The Mena Connection

[edit on 8/31/10 by mothershipzeta]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Sphota

Absolutely! I completely agree with you. The problem I have with this is there no accusation just a witch hunt. It shows how flawed this blogger's thinking is. With Rush and his drug problem I am on board. I feel sorry that he was a drug addict but it was a fact and he was running around trying to get the pills anyway he could. But there is nothing on Beck or it would be everywhere. He has admitted to everything publicly. It is not wrong to want people to live honestly and with honor. It is not wrong to promote charity. It is not wrong to expect the President Of the US to live up to those same expectations. Until this country is sorted out and Glenn Beck is proven to be the person a few loud people say he is, I am sticking with the guy that makes sense and has yet to be proven wrong on the serious charges he is making. Before anyone attacks me about Rush let me say I don't listen to him. I can not make any argument for or against with any real depth.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SeventhSeal
Beck is the same guy who said he hates the families of 9/11 victims.

honestly.....not worth the time to refute....you must have read the Talking points on Media matters...and not really listened to him.....

So, just to take the one example above...did Media Matters COMPLETELY make up the 9/11 families quote - and the context? He hates the 9/11 families that have opinions he doesn't like.

Oh, and as a bonus he started hating the Katrina victims about 2 weeks after the storm. From the comfort of his nice, air-conditioned broadcast room, of course.

From the September 9 [2005] broadcast of The Glenn Beck Program:

BECK: Let me be real honest with you. I don't think anybody on talk radio -- I don't think anybody in their right mind is going to say this out loud -- but I wonder if I'm the only one that feels this way. Yesterday, when I saw the ATM cards being handed out, the $2,000 ATM cards, and they were being handed out at the Astrodome. And they actually had to close the Astrodome and seal it off for a while because there was a near-riot trying to get to these ATM cards. My first thought was, it's not like they're going to run out of the $2,000 ATM cards. You can wait! You know, stand in line. Maybe it's because I'm the kind of guy, when I go to a buffet, I either have to be first in line, or I'm the very last. Because I know there's going to be extra food, and I just won't stand in the line. I'll wait until all the suckers go get their food, and then I'll go get mine. Or if I'm really hungry, I hate to admit this -- and really, I don't even have to be really hungry. If I'm really being a pig, I will kind of, like, hang out around the buffet table before the line is -- you know, chat with people right around the table: "Oh, they just opened the line! Let's go!" And then you're first in line.

When you are rioting for these tickets, or these ATM cards, the second thing that came to mind was -- and this is horrible to say, and I wonder if I'm alone in this -- you know it took me about a year to start hating the 9-11 victims' families? Took me about a year. And I had such compassion for them, and I really wanted to help them, and I was behind, you know, "Let's give them money, let's get this started." All of this stuff. And I really didn't -- of the 3,000 victims' families, I don't hate all of them. Probably about 10 of them. And when I see a 9-11 victim family on television, or whatever, I'm just like, "Oh shut up!" I'm so sick of them because they're always complaining. And we did our best for them. And, again, it's only about 10.

But the second thought I had when I saw these people and they had to shut down the Astrodome and lock it down, I thought: I didn't think I could hate victims faster than the 9-11 victims. These guys -- you know it's really sad. We're not hearing anything about Mississippi. We're not hearing anything about Alabama. We're hearing about the victims in New Orleans. This is a 90,000-square-mile disaster site, New Orleans is 181 square miles. A hundred and -- 0.2 percent of the disaster area is New Orleans! And that's all we're hearing about, are the people in New Orleans. Those are the only ones we're seeing on television are the scumbags -- and again, it's not all the people in New Orleans. Most of the people in New Orleans got out! It's just a small percentage of those who were left in New Orleans, or who decided to stay in New Orleans, and they're getting all the attention. It's exactly like the 9-11 victims' families. There's about 10 of them that are spoiling it for everybody.

They have the audio too...is that an impersonator?

mediamatters.org...

Glenn Beck says "do your own research." Yet you refuse to believe anything that doesn't fit into your original views. That's what he counts on.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   
reply to post by mothershipzeta

Maybe that is because the entire left all the way up to the president have been attacking Glenn Beck because they don't like his message. I'll stick with Fox and Glenn, as long as they have these people sweating I am sure the info must be fairly accurate.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Typical. If you can't beat the message attack the messenger.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:26 PM
link   

He said he hated about 10 people.... The ones that we gave millions to because as a country we hurt for them, but it wasn't enough for a few.

And the Katrina victims, well, they did misuse the money that once again we gave because we felt so badly for them. Some of the Katrina people were still living here in Arkansas 2 years or so AFTER the hurricane screaming because the government wasn't going to pay for their motel rooms anymore. In my opinion that is inexcusable. Take the help that is offered to make your life right then get off the dole. What exactly do you disagree with? His tone? His choice of words? or the message that enough is enough?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
A sex tape or whatever from his past wouldn't do them any good. He has already said that he hit rock bottom. He already said that he is a recovering alcoholic, etc etc ... Pulling up anything like that from his past wouldn't exactly cause people to gasp. It'd be a 'yep, whatever, we knew he had hit rock bottom. He said so."

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

OP,

Why are you caught up in this Left VS Right stuff? It's a distraction. You and I are human beings trying to live in peace. There are different ways to achieve this, and the majority votes on what they think is best. This is the way our founding fathers designed it! They wanted people to have varying opinions. If we were told to be only RIGHT! Or only LEFT! We wouldn't be free.

For whatever reason, we are being polarized to hate each other at a fundamental level for having different opinions on how to resolve issues or how to maintain our country. While there is no doubt that our governmental and economic systems are screwed up, the last thing we need is to hate each other!

I would bet my left foot that they are terrified of the left and right coming together as ONE. It would be the end of all their BS in this world because we would rise up!

Now, all you liberal left wingers out there say to yourselves, "I LOVE CONSERVATIVES", and all you conservative right wingers say to yourselves, "I LOVE LIBERALS!" so that we can come together and stop the BS!

Why should you do this? Because we are us. What we do to each other, we do to ourselves.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:01 PM
link   

You kidding me? Beck is the same guy who says "leave the family out of it" and then continues to throw Obama's family into "discussions" and rants.

Beck is the same guy who thought about murdering Michael Moore on the radio.

Beck is the same guy who thinks the Tea Party is the same as the Civil Rights movement.

Beck is the same guy who has bashed the Mosque "near" ground zero.

Beck is the same guy who LIES to his viewers and leads a group of brainwashed zombies.

F him. He's the most desperate piece of scum I've ever seen in my life.

honestly.....not worth the time to refute....you must have read the Talking points on Media matters...and not really listened to him.....

No, I have listened to him and have watched his "show" many times. I'm deeply disturbed Joseph Goebbels has returned.

Beck is a sick sick sick delusional man. A great divider of the Right and Left when we should become One.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   

Beck is a sick sick sick delusional man.

What exactly has he said that exposes him for being a 'sick sick sick delusional' man? Tell us exactly the 'sick delusions' that have come from him.

BTW - practicing freedom of religion, calling people to act honorably, and using your constitutional right to hold a peaceful rally - these aren't 'sick and delusional'.

And when you say the left and right should be together as one .. do you mean that the right should bow to the principles and poltiics of the left?? If not, then what exactly do you propose as a course of action for the left and right to come together with?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Originally posted by ljtg123

Maybe that is because the entire left all the way up to the president have been attacking Glenn Beck because they don't like his message. I'll stick with Fox and Glenn, as long as they have these people sweating I am sure the info must be fairly accurate.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Originally posted by ljtg123

He said he hated about 10 people.... The ones that we gave millions to because as a country we hurt for them, but it wasn't enough for a few.

And the Katrina victims, well, they did misuse the money that once again we gave because we felt so badly for them. Some of the Katrina people were still living here in Arkansas 2 years or so AFTER the hurricane screaming because the government wasn't going to pay for their motel rooms anymore. In my opinion that is inexcusable. Take the help that is offered to make your life right then get off the dole. What exactly do you disagree with? His tone? His choice of words? or the message that enough is enough?

a star and a thumbs up----->

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan

And when you say the left and right should be together as one .. do you mean that the right should bow to the principles and poltiics of the left?? If not, then what exactly do you propose as a course of action for the left and right to come together with?

I know your question was meant for someone else but I feel inclined to answer anyway. Regardless of whether you're left or right, policies and legislation are being adopted and passed that both sides DO NOT agree with. And don't forget about the central bank, the patriot act, and other obvious things that we as American citizens should NOT be tolerating yet........we are.

But we don't do anything about it, we're too busy arguing over who's side is right. If you look to our media, we are being coerced to hate each other. They want us distracted. They want us pointing fingers at each other. They are terrified of us joining together and pointing the fingers at them!

So the question is, When will we stop hating each other and take our country back? Because right now, the left and the right are both pointing their fingers in the wrong direction.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   
reply to post by SeventhSeal

You kidding me? Beck is the same guy who says "leave the family out of it" and then continues to throw Obama's family into "discussions" and rants.

Beck is the same guy who thought about murdering Michael Moore on the radio.

Beck is the same guy who thinks the Tea Party is the same as the Civil Rights movement.

Beck is the same guy who has bashed the Mosque "near" ground zero.

Beck is the same guy who LIES to his viewers and leads a group of brainwashed zombies.

F him. He's the most desperate piece of scum I've ever seen in my life.

No, I have listened to him and have watched his "show" many times. I'm deeply disturbed Joseph Goebbels has returned.

Beck is a sick sick sick delusional man. A great divider of the Right and Left when we should become One.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by SeventhSeal]

So your going to compare Glenn to a Nazi......mind bender?

Sick sick? what are you talking about

Glenn's message ......is our message....we just forgot it

His message was a call out to the Faithful....more and more are answering it everyday....

the detractors and critics are ones i would imagine that can't hear that call...

having ears they cannot hear, eyes and they cannot see...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   

What exactly has he said that exposes him for being a 'sick sick sick delusional' man? Tell us exactly the 'sick delusions' that have come from him.

BTW - practicing freedom of religion, calling people to act honorably, and using your constitutional right to hold a peaceful rally - these aren't 'sick and delusional'.

I think this says enough.

Oh and a peaceful rally? It's the same f'n thing as KKK rally. Open your eyes.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

I guess if that's all you got.....

First video I am pretty sure he was talking about 9 11 truthers. He said there are only about 10. And this debate isn't about 9-11

Second video the young turks... really? Have you looked into what Beck was talking about? Here is a link to America's Most Wanted. Looks to me like Beck was talking about border violence way back in his CNN days. He made a priority of keeping this story public for these girls families....But he cried....Funny I guess....
www.amw.com...

And finally that woman called him talked trash and he booted her ignorant butt off the phone. She was looking for a fight but didn't even know his name? JEFF? I agree with him. She was a phone TROLL....

Oh and the rally, I must have missed the Klan... And I guess ALL the media did also. The ONLY person who was making it racial was Sharpton and he had his own rally.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by ljtg123]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

I think this says enough.

Oh and a peaceful rally? It's the same f'n thing as KKK rally. Open your eyes.

I agree with the fact that 9/11 families need to move on.... and the same goes with the New Orleans victims that used the system....

in each of the cases Glenn is saying we've given and given of our hearts and wallets......and that it's not ALL of them.....so don't generalize that he HATES ALL....OK

KKK-----get real.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by tspark]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:23 PM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join