It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add for "take down tape" for Beck, act of desperation?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by cindyremains

First of all, I wont comment on any of your posts above........because youre just talking in circles, and you dont "get it" or you DO get it and your just trying to be difficult, either one is not worth my time...

2nd What does him being Mormon have to do with anything? Is that intolerance i hear? ugh disgusting man......meet my ignore list

I would have explained to you that the book of Mormon explains all of this but since I am on ignore and you made it quite clear you do not want to know...why ask?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

I'm sorry I was just responding to what you wrote... So by your flawed logic a reporter/blogger for a mainstream news outlet should be able to "broker a deal" between anyone with money and anyone with anything that will destroy anyone's life, personal and professional, and not just want to do that but to use a widely read news outlet to put the offer out?

Are you sure you are just responding to what I wrote? Who is the other party in this deal that has been brokered? Is it the same as the other person Beck might hire to kill Moore? Where is this deal?
Again, if this person has something that could destroy Beck, then it would be better to keep that secret? So if Glenn Beck raped and murdered a little girl in the 90s, your thinking is that anyone that exposes that - for money- is wrong? Really?

I am supposed to be OK with that because it isn't as bad as having gasoline poured on me and set ablaze?

You be ok with whatever you like. If I have to chose between someone revealing something bad I did in the past and being set on fire...I am going to wish I did not do that bad thing in the past but I will not be choosing the fire. Interesting choices you make. I am not telling anyone what they have to be ok with. I am not OK with most seafood. I get to do that. I do not go around telling people at Red Lobster they are distorted.

As everyone keeps saying Glenn Beck is entertainment... He was making a joke....

Why can none of you make it funny for me then? I thought mabye it was delivery but apparently thats not it.

This blogger guy is mental and I can't believe people are defending him just because of some misplaced hate for a man who has told more truth to the American people than all the MSM put together. You did read the article didn't you?

Glenn Beck is mental and I can't believe people are defending him for ANY REASON but hey, belief is relative. As far as him telling any truths, yeah um...that needs some proving to me. That is what you think, and you are welcome to think it. Perhaps you should put me on ignore too before some facts get in your way.

What you said-
Honestly, what would upset you more. If I offered money for a tape of you having sex that probably does not exist or if I say...poured gasoline on your and set you ablaze? poisoned your tea? Killed you for a certain cash prize? Personally, I think you should ask for all the sex tapes you want as long as you dont kill me, have at it.

Uh huh...and?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Yes, I am condoning it. I thought my reasoning was clear but I guess not. He is asking for dirt on Beck. OK. So?

WoW ok, so you ARE condoning it........you are saying that its OK to put out an ADD asking for proof or information from ANYONE on a person , and offering a REWARD for the ASSASSINATION of one persons CHARACTER and LIVELY HOOD , just because you dont agree with their political stance?

WOW man.......there is no point in even responding to you after that post......

This line of thinking is EXACTLY whats wrong with America.....i guess to you, all bets are off.......

You sure love to use all caps! You pull out the most colorful descriptions, and try harder to appeal to people's emotions than 90% of the people here, at least when defending Beck. It's pretty transparent to those who've been around the block, you know.

I think Cindy explained it quite well, in fact. If there's no dirt - then there's NO DIRT.

Nowhere did the guy ask people to make stuff up. It's a bit low, but so is Beck. The way he supports Israel, and demonizes Iran, is an affront to intellectual honesty, and the options that he supports in regards to these two countries is downright Unconstitutional.

He supports uprooting democratically elected governments in foreign sovereign nations, and he also supports Israel's illegal occupation of Palestine, including the many Jewish settlements strewn about what's left of Palestinian land. This is Unconstitutional on a fundamental level, and Beck supports it. He is no friend of the tea party, and no friend of you or I. He's a liar with a $50,000,000 paycheck employed by the most notorious propaganda-spewing machine in the world.

How dare he associate himself with the Tea Party - he is an abomination of freedom. I know, he does speak some great truths here and there. He recently illustrated how insane the federal reserve bailouts are, and how they're devaluing the dollar.

But it's textbook disinformation - carefully mix mostly truth with a bit of lies, and you're golden. The naive will either accept or discard the lies, easily justified by the mass of truth he puts forth.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

I deeply dislike Glenn Beck, he twists facts like few other pundits out there, telling bald faced lies sometimes, all the while betraying the constutition your country was based upon while claiming he's defending it. A truly disgusting little individual.

However.

The tactic being promoted by this writer is wrong, attack what the man says, the points he makes and not the man. Yeah ok i just had a go at Beck but when someone is found lying over and over, when it can be proven then it does need bringing to light. However that shouldn't mean everything they say is discredited, some of it may be right.

This idea of getting a sex tape though, how utterly pathetic.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:43 AM
link   

I answered this in my previous post

Let me see if I can finally make my way through this.

It is the truth, If this can happen to Beck it can happen to anyone. I don't believe anything will come from this but WTH is wrong with this picture?

What I see wrong with this picture is a bunch of people flipping out because they are afraid there is dirt on Beck out there to be found and somehow they are trying to justify what would be covering that by deflecting the blame for the deed itself.

This was not an opposing position. What was he opposing? He used his platform UNETHICALLY. He was not REPORTING, he was not INFORMING, he was conducting a business deal like the mafia.

Apparently opposing you. You do not agree, or do you now? What deal are you talking about? Show me the deal. Who got the money? What did they give up for it? Is his platform as a reporter? I never even heard of the author before and I did not know Huffington Post was a news service.

This is ridiculous, at this point after reading your arguments about this I have decided there is no middle ground here. I REALLY disagree with you on this, but look forward to discussing other topics with you.

I am really sorry that each time we get to the fact that unless Beck did something dirty this is pointless, you all decide to stop discussing. Been fun then.

Link to Obama asking Beck and Limbaugh fans to read Huffington Post columns, I'll say that qualifies as MSM
newsbusters.org...

I hope this is readable I am new at this...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ljtg123]

If the president suggested that people watch Mr. Rogers does that then make Mr. Rogers a journalist?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:56 AM
link   

This is despicable.......

I agree, that kind of media is despicable, and yet I've seen you time and time again defend it when it comes from Glenn Beck or anything other rightwing media source. Double standards hey? I'm sure you know this.

But then again Glenn Beck works on a script, as does many of the other talking heads, as does many of the internet bloggers on the net. At the end of the day its about money, its about attention, its rarely about the real issues. I really do feel sorry for you. I mean honestly, for somebody to get so worked up that another money grubbing talking head got attacked, you really have gotten yourself into this persona Glenn Beck is playing? I'd consider that an insult even to your intelligence.

The man works behind a script, and you are getting so worked up for him. Thats is truly that sad thing here.

To me this is indicative that these people are SCARED of the conservative movement

What conservative movement? Just curious, what do you expect this astroturf movement to achieve other than to get more Republicans and corporate hacks into office?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

What conservative movement? Just curious, what do you expect this astroturf movement to achieve other than to get more Republicans and corporate hacks into office?

I think you are projecting.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by saltheart foamfollower

Oh I am terribly sorry. I was under the impression you people actually took this movement seriously? Great. I can sleep well tonight knowing the tea parties are just one big joke, right? Right.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Oh I am terribly sorry. I was under the impression you people actually took this movement seriously? Great. I can sleep well tonight knowing the tea parties are just one big joke, right? Right.

Conservatives elect conservative Republicans. First bold.

Yes, Beck is paying for all the TPM and busing all the people in. No, that would be the SEIU and all the manifestations of the ACORN dissemblance. Also your projection. Second bold.

The liberal progressive like Obama and Bush are the backers of the corporate hacks. I do not know why you progressive hated Bush so much and love Obama so much. Is that not cognitive dissonance? (would you like me to explain that better, here you go-Cognitive Dissonance-Double Think) Last bold.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:57 AM
link   

Conservatives elect conservative Republicans.

True conservatives do not elect Republicans, neoconservatives do. After the actions of the Republican party over the last few decades one would have figured any true conservative movement would have rallied towards a third party. That is yet to happen.

Yes, Beck is paying for all the TPM and busing all the people in.

Yep.

of the ACORN dissemblance.

Its the ACORN boogyman again created by the conservative media again. How do you parrot line by line what they say? It just astounds me. Can you not think for yourself and do your own research? Must people handfeed you boogymen?

The liberal progressive like Obama and Bush

And yet the vast majority of conservatives voted for the latter, and they continue to support the same kind of politicians.

I do not know why you progressive hated Bush so much and love Obama so much.

Why don't you go down the list of why we should love Bush and why we should hate Obama. In that way I'd be able to better address that question for you.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Southern Guardian]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:43 AM
link   

Like FOX news or not, they dont use "personal" sabotage to get their point across....

You are kidding right? That is all they use. 24/7 "personal" sabotage.

Ever hear of Andrew Briebart? Ever notice how fast Faux is to suck his sexual organ every time he puts out more of his filth? Have they ever retracted anything? Apologized to ACORN or Sherrod?

Ever hear of Pamela Geller? She is a racist hate-monger who would sell her mother into slavery if it got someone to look at her.

Your indignation is misplaced and insincere.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
That guy is a joke.

Even if his salary is 32 mil a year. He's a joke that makes 32 mil a year.

Think about it.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:26 AM
link   

You like Glenn Beck??? You like paying VAT taxes and National sales tax to the IMF and the central banks the very institutions that blew up our economy...Because that is what Glenn Beck is selling...

If you listen to his "restoring honor" speech when he talks about pledging our Fortunes and he is saying that we have to take this burden of debt away from our children because this generation has lived better than anyone else....

No actually we just need to end our Illegal wars, Audit/End the Federal Reserve and fix our Oligarchy of mega corporations and mega banks. And admit to ourselves that 9/11 was an inside job and FEMA camps do exist. But Glenn isn't going to do that he'll continue to lead people down that VAT tax rat hole....Fox News won't save us.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:38 AM
link   

What is it that Ghandi said? "First they ignore you, then they laugh at you, then they fight you, then you win." Hmm....

You know, I occasionally listen to Glen Beck, and although he's not my favorite (because he refuses to even consider any conspiracy theories, and he dismisses those of us who do out of hand)....he does have some good points.

I can't listen to him too long because sometimes he really gets on my nerves and he often makes me nauseated with his moaning, but he does bring up some very valid points occasionally....and I think he had the liberals scared out of their freaking minds.

These ultra-left liberals who do this kind of crap are the most hypocritical people out there. They'll sit there and say how they are so much better than the Republicans, but then they try to take down anyone who doesn't agree with them, because they can't handle dissenting opinions.

They forget that everybody has a right to express their opinion, and if someone like Glen Beck is getting famous, it's probably because he is striking a chord with a lot of people in our country. And that scares the liberals so much, that they want to take him down.

It just pisses me off...I mean, we've all been forced to listen to ultra-left liberals scream their views at us for years, and do we put a bounty on their heads? No, I just try to ignore them as best as I can.

FOX TV is a bad influence?? I don't watch it myself, but what right does he have to say that it's a bad influence on people. I personally think that CNN is a bad influence on people, because they can be so freaking liberal it taints their news stories....but I don't go around trying to prevent people from watching it.

(By the way, I call myself "middle of the road"...conservative on some issues, liberals on others.)

I used to be more liberal than conservative, but in these last few years, I"m realizing the error of my ways... all these crazy ultra- left-wing liberals are driving me absolutely freaking nuts!

The funny thing is, is that if you asked this blogger why he's so upset with Glen Beck, he would never admit that he scared of him. He would blame it all on Glen Beck....not on his own fears.

If the guy can't stand listening to him, he should just turn off the damn TV or change the radio station. Nobody is FORCING him to listen to him. I change the channel when I don't like a speaker....he can, too.

There is no call for trying to take someone down just because you disagree with what they say.

Or did he forget that he was living in America? Did he forget that part of what makes this country great is that EVERYBODY has a right to free speech, not just the liberals?

[edit on 31-8-2010 by nikiano]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   
If there was something on Beck we would certainly know about it already. Rest assured that the Media Matters Henchmen have been scratching their little heads and probing their shrinking brains for quite sometime on this issue.

Beck as already addressed and dealt with his personal demons. Some he still deals with everyday.

The following article was from April 2008 I believe. Beck was still with CNN and Bush was still President.

My name is Glenn Beck, and I am a recovering alcoholic.
Glenn Beck

Glenn Beck says that we, the people, should take an honest look at ourselves and take charge of our country.

It took me a lot of years and a lot of pain to be able to say those words and really believe them. Along the way, I was arrogant, greedy and self-destructive.

But the worst part was that I didn't see any of it.

Even at the lowest, darkest points of my life, I still thought of myself as that successful guy who everyone loved. I was the life of the party, the guy who could do no wrong -- the guy who everyone else only wished they could be. At least that's what I thought.

Now I know better. People weren't looking at me with envy; they were looking at me with disgust as they watched me throw away everything I had worked so hard for.

Beck is still addressing these same issues and still holds true to these ideals. The only thing different, is the man in the White House with a radical agenda.

Through hard work and unwavering principles, America took itself from a far-fetched idea to the greatest, most compassionate, most free country the world has ever known. But as our success has grown, so has our arrogance. Video Watch Beck discuss why America is killing itself »

We've compromised our values, sold out our principles and used our freedoms to justify giving more power to the government. In the first century of America's life, its government was afraid of its citizens. Now, it's the other way around.

Maybe America should consider starting on the same kind of 12-step program that's helped millions of other addicts who couldn't see that they were slowly killing themselves. Here's my version of it, condensed to six steps since I know that Americans are way too lazy to stick around for all 12.

www.cnn.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Have you ever heard the saying
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything but they bring a smile to your face when pushed down the stairs" Author unknown
It's a joke.
Are you saying that you have never, not once in your life, ever kidded around about hurting or killing anyone? Really? (except for Glenn Beck I bet) Come on, I hear it on sitcoms, movies, soap operas, and even around the office, you name it, I heard this type of kidding around my entire life. You are obviously being over critical.
If this reward would have come from the Right, you libs would have been all over this. Instead you think it's fine and dandy to try and purposely destroy someones career as long as it's not someone from your side they're trying to destroy,right?.
If not, then admit that if someone asked for dirt on Pelosi and offered a reward to make sure she went away forever it would be ok with you.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by sickofitall2012]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by The Vagabond

The fundamental fact is this: Glen Beck, like the vast majority of so-called "news personalities" on both the Right and the Left is in the ENTERTAINMENT industry. He is not there to affect change, or to lead people who really have it in them to get things done. He is there to be cheered and rewarded for providing a voice around which the scared and the angry can rally and pretend not to be a socially maladjusted minority, and quite possibly to placate the anger of people who would tar and feather federal agents on sight if they were not told that somebody else is already assuming that burden for them.

Very true.

I am not a fan of Beck, but this time it's not about whether or not we like what he does, it's about unprofessional and unethical tactics used b someone who runs a public blog. One could argue that the blogger can say whatever he wants--it's his blog. But in my opinion, if you have the opportunity to express yourself in a public venue, you should act with a certain degree of responsibility. If it was the blogger's intent to use this method to create animosity toward Beck, I have to say this tactic is immature and does more to discredit the blogger than it does Beck.

What I dislike just as much as these dirty tactics is the constant bickering, name-calling, accusations, and general disrespect that goes on between liberals and conservatives here on ATS and elsewhere on the Internet.

When are people going to realize that if this country is saved from the fate that we appear to be facing, it certainly will not be a feat we will be crediting to the extreme side of either political party?

I don't understand how so many ATS members seem to be lured into these bi-partisan fights without exhibiting the slightest understanding of how detrimental this behavior is for our country right now. Can't people see how these party loyalties cloud their ability to be partial and often times cause people to overlook immoral and unethical behavior from their own party's politicians simply because of their need to remain loyal rather than face truth?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by cindyremains

I answered this in my previous post

Let me see if I can finally make my way through this.

It is the truth, If this can happen to Beck it can happen to anyone. I don't believe anything will come from this but WTH is wrong with this picture?

What I see wrong with this picture is a bunch of people flipping out because they are afraid there is dirt on Beck out there to be found and somehow they are trying to justify what would be covering that by deflecting the blame for the deed itself.

This was not an opposing position. What was he opposing? He used his platform UNETHICALLY. He was not REPORTING, he was not INFORMING, he was conducting a business deal like the mafia.

Apparently opposing you. You do not agree, or do you now? What deal are you talking about? Show me the deal. Who got the money? What did they give up for it? Is his platform as a reporter? I never even heard of the author before and I did not know Huffington Post was a news service.

This is ridiculous, at this point after reading your arguments about this I have decided there is no middle ground here. I REALLY disagree with you on this, but look forward to discussing other topics with you.

I am really sorry that each time we get to the fact that unless Beck did something dirty this is pointless, you all decide to stop discussing. Been fun then.

Link to Obama asking Beck and Limbaugh fans to read Huffington Post columns, I'll say that qualifies as MSM
newsbusters.org...

I hope this is readable I am new at this...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ljtg123]

If the president suggested that people watch Mr. Rogers does that then make Mr. Rogers a journalist?

Yawn.....
www.observer.com...

"It is time to pop the tea baggers’ favorite balloon (so what if it will be replaced by another?), and with that in mind I hereby offer to negotiate a $100,000 payday to the person who will come forward with a sex tape or phone records or anything else that succeeds in removing Glenn Beck from the public eye forever. I am not offering the cash myself, but I will broker the deal and/or raise the money for what you bring to the table. (And it better be good.)"

your wrong...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by rnaa

Please tell us why Fox should apologize to either Sherrod or Acorn...
Proof would be nice for whatever answer you give.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by SeekerofTruth101

This blogger guy is mental and I can't believe people are defending him just because of some misplaced hate for a man who has told more truth to the American people than all the MSM put together

I wouldnt have replied to your post if not for that misleading qoute from you.

So Glenn is the arbiter of truths? He knows the truth? He is the all seeing eye? Who or what were his sources if it did not came from elsewhere?

This line of thinking is very dangerous, for you are putting a known flip flopping false prophet unchallenged by yourself and your own perceptions of rationality upon a pedestal for worship, and denigrating others as mental for not sharing your beliefs.

Who is the 'mental' one now?

Glenn has never claimed to be a prophet, that is the "role" his detractors have titled him with...just because a person feels lead of God to say or do something does not convey the title Prophet..he is a man that speaks his heart....

Glenn does his homework....he has a staff that also does tons of research..

He encourages us to do ours.....which i do...and find him right...

You know that there have been many people that have predicted the horrible events ...just like Glenn... "they looked at the kettle and named the soup"....mostly they wrote a book about these predicted events, books that only ever got read by the few...not the many...Glenn and his team saw the events forming did the research....and felt convicted to warn us americans, and he had a more "in your face medium" to get the message out...not just write books and hope ALL of the americans would read them....

And just like all those others that have said "It's Coming...." whether it was this bubble or that bubble ....this crash or that crash....he they've been right...

maybe if we don't like it being put out there so it can't be ignored, maybe we should all buy the books by Dick Morris....put them on the coffee table as a conversation piece, and go on complaining how bad the economy is ... and say things like ...."Oh i didn't see that coming" "I was taken completely by surprised"....

Glenn is saying that "when they cry peace and Safety...." don't believe them..."Sudden Destruction is coming" unless we turn back to God...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by tspark]

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join