It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Add for "take down tape" for Beck, act of desperation?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by ManBehindTheMask
reply to post by cindyremains

Its an easy point man, because doing something in satire and doing something out of maliciousness is a HUGE difference.......

John Stewart and Colbert do the same things, so does every other entertainment personality out there.....

You are condoning the fact that this guy was MALICIOUSLY and DELIBERATELY asking for lurid dirt on Beck TO SHUT HIM UP FOREVER.....

Seriously, Im astounded by how you are willfully ignorant to this fact

Yes, I am condoning it. I thought my reasoning was clear but I guess not. He is asking for dirt on Beck. OK. So? The only way he could ever possibly get any would be if Beck did dirty things, right? No one is asking anyone to frame Beck, set Beck up, or libel Beck. If Beck has no dirt, it is just an empty request and it came across rather tounge in cheek to me. I guess your problem is you did not find it funny. How do you not see the difference between asking for dirt that may or may not exist and snuffing out someone's life?

If I ask for dirt on you and there is no dirt, I just look like a whiny little punk looking to sully others.
If I talk about killing you, it does not really matter if you are dirty or not. I can still think about killing you.

See the difference? You can let the request land in its own lacking or you can make a big deal of it. If we are going to get all bent out of shape over things people said that will not ever happen, I still go with murder.

Besides, how many people has this man offered money for a sex tape from? How many people has Beck suggested should be beaten to death with a shovel?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by cindyremains]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:15 PM
link   

LOL done as satire and HEAVILY HEAVILY edited, how about we hear the whole thing in context.......

It was not heavily edited, it was a COLLECTION OF CRAZY THINGS HE SAID. How did you not get that? That part about beating Charlie to death was not edited, it was included. How about you find the context then? I know, I know, beating people to death is terribly funny good satire and all but eh.

Not to mention he didnt call her a bitch......he called her a pinhead

Not to mention, who said anything about bitch or even that phone call? I mean um...huh?

actual video the lady wouldnt listen to logic

Ah, you did not even listen to the entire clip or you did not comprehend it. Good for you I guess. You are addressing a different instance of Beck craziness altogether.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:20 PM
link   
reply to post by The Sword

really? Have you heard any of the left and their "truths" ? lol seriously? or how bout lack of reporting period?

Id like some links to all these half truths, please feel free to back up statements with evidence....

Once again, not saying the guy is infallible , hes human.....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:22 PM
link   

ahh i listened to the whole clip, and i listened to the KOS one you put up......did you listen tot he one you put up by KOS?

In it he calls her a bitch, something they added in there, already damaging the credibility of the clip you posted.....

Second, yes his charlie rangle thing was done in satire, complete with sound effects....

How is this anywhere as close to offering a REWARD of 100k to ANYONE that would get him off the air and out of the media forever? Hmm?

Not just to try and ruin him and get him out of the spotlight, but to REWARD SOMEONE for doing it......

I cant believe you arent getting this

[edit on 30-8-2010 by ManBehindTheMask]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
reply to post by ManBehindTheMask

This is despicable.......I was just talking earlier about how the left LOVED attacking conservatives, and would do ANYTHING they could to try to silence them in any way.

YEAH! How dare regular people pick on your idols in the main stream media!

The MSM is legit and they NEVER lie to people and they NEVER hilariously dupe and shuck unsuspecting people like you and convince you that you belong to a group that you never will.

HOW DESPICABLE!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Yes, I am condoning it. I thought my reasoning was clear but I guess not. He is asking for dirt on Beck. OK. So?

WoW ok, so you ARE condoning it........you are saying that its OK to put out an ADD asking for proof or information from ANYONE on a person , and offering a REWARD for the ASSASSINATION of one persons CHARACTER and LIVELY HOOD , just because you dont agree with their political stance?

WOW man.......there is no point in even responding to you after that post......

This line of thinking is EXACTLY whats wrong with America.....i guess to you, all bets are off.......

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Snarf

awww, cute! personal attacks........

see, proving my point......

Like i told you on another thread, do you know me? Who said this man was my IDOL?

I idolize no one, do I like Beck, yep........do i think he has some good points and is moving in the right direction, YEP........

Do i think this is admissible , NOPE.........and id say the same thing if they were offering a reward for someone on the left ......

Wrong is Wrong

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   

ahh i listened to the whole clip, and i listened to the KOS one you put up......did you listen tot he one you put up by KOS?

Yes and it begins wih some mishmashed quotes that have nothing to do with the part about killing Charles Rangel. Pick apart the intro all you like. I am not even going to address it. I posted 3 clips of Glenn Beck talking about how fun killing certain people just might be and you are going to pick apart and obviously manufactured intro? OKEY DOKEY!

In it he calls her a bitch, something they added in there, already damaging the credibility of the clip you posted.....

Second, yes his charlie rangle thing was done in satire, complete with sound effects....

HAR HAR HAR.

""How many people have I said, 'Let's kill with a shovel, huh?' How many people have I said, 'Let's line 'em up and shoot 'em in the head?' I think quite a few." Glenn Beck

HA HA HA HA HA HA. Satire is so awesome sometimes, aint it?

How is this anywhere as close to offering a REWARD of 100k to ANYONE that would get him off the air and out of the media forever? Hmm?

I think you are just playing stupid now. Any dirt that would take Beck off the air forever would be something Beck actually did, right? If someone jokes about my murder, what does that have to do with something I did to myself? How do you even relate those?

Not just to try and ruin him and get him out of the spotlight, but to REWARD SOMEONE for doing it......

I cant believe you arent getting this

I cannot believe you are not getting this. If someone murders me, I could care less if they get a reward. Feel free to put a 100K bounty on my sex tape though.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
This whole concept is so absurd and surreal. Fiction pales in comparison.

Beck is an entertainer and I think there is little doubt that Beck and his people are high-fiving each other over this. This is SOLID publicity and at least a few hours worth of radio and television programming.

Beck comes across as a hero in this no matter what happens. This positions him perfectly as the target of a huge conspiracy and, thus, makes his message seem even more important. The masses will eat this up.

It's actually scary how much press this guy is getting. I mean just count the number of Beck threads active right now.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:39 PM
link   

WoW ok, so you ARE condoning it........you are saying that its OK to put out an ADD asking for proof or information from ANYONE on a person , and offering a REWARD for the ASSASSINATION of one persons CHARACTER and LIVELY HOOD , just because you dont agree with their political stance?

Yes. You can write an article offering money for anything you like, can't you? According to you it is ok to joke about murder so often that the joke is long dead. Why is this any different?

WOW man.......there is no point in even responding to you after that post......

Yet, you go on...

This line of thinking is EXACTLY whats wrong with America.....i guess to you, all bets are off.......

With me all bets are off? You are the one defending talk of murder, not me.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
Let's all calm down and think rationally for a moment.

1. The blogger is only one out of thousands who is disgusted with the antics of Glenn and sickened that he does it on the national stage thumbing down the noses and insulting americans. He has his freedom and right to expression the way Glenn does.

2. Out of thousand bloggers, why does the Glenn fanboys chosed this blogger to vilify others who share equal disgust with the antics of Glenn by claiming others condone the blogger's actions fully? Who is guilty of vilification now?

3. Despite our differences, we all are brothers and sisters by divine Creation, and would want no one hurt. The motive of the blogger was one of honour as well, to save the rest of the Glenn brainwashed group.

Glenn is not without faults, nor is anyone else. But his faults are spectucular due to his prominence. If such a person is designated to led America in such times, humanity will be in a world of hurt, and we do not have much time as much is at boiling point now.

There is one quality of flawed human that will ensure he is fit to lead, and that is intergrity. Glenn shown none of it as he only continually stands on 2 boats, flip flopping to whichever that will save him at the moment with no shame or remorse.

He has no message and makes no consistant stand. Thus how can any sane human trust him or even listen to him and be misled?

Thus I understood the blogger's frustration and came with a solution to show him up for what he truly is - as he has no consistant message to be dissected and understood, only falsehoods and pony shows, then show to others what a slimeball he actually is.

Personally, I think it is not necessary to do as the blogger suggested, for in terms of dirt, he heaps it upon himself and dig his own grave. For the Glenn fanboys, should they not accept reason, then it is their free will to believe in this false prophet, as they are only a minority in a land of 30million citizens, the way the KKK and the black panthers have their false prophets.

They can always come back and rejoin humanity when they wake up, hopefully not too late.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by SeekerofTruth101]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:51 PM
link   

Pick apart the intro all you like. I am not even going to address it.

I know you wont address it because it calls into question the whole integrity of the "sound byte" which is exactly what it is..and is clearly at least in part hoaxed....no objectivity in it.......

""How many people have I said, 'Let's kill with a shovel, huh?' How many people have I said, 'Let's line 'em up and shoot 'em in the head?' I think quite a few." Glenn Beck HA HA HA HA HA HA. Satire is so awesome sometimes, aint it?

again out of context, because he was being accused of something he had never done, so he made a satire out of it.......pretty self explanatory ...

Or are you being deliberately obtuse?

I think you are just playing stupid now. Any dirt that would take Beck off the air forever would be something Beck actually did, right? If someone jokes about my murder, what does that have to do with something I did to myself? How do you even relate those?

No its quite different, now if beck said "Ill give 100k to anyone that smacks Charlie in the head with a shovel" and did it on the air or posted it some where, that would be one thing......

You have made your views clear, however distorted they are.....the man for all intent and purpose put an add out offering reward money to damage Beck and ruin his life and career........out of SPITE

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   

With me all bets are off? You are the one defending talk of murder, not me.

no you are obfuscating the issue by trying to say that what beck did in satire, ,because someone made an outlandish claim mind you, AND you used a clearly FAKED source video....As the same as going onto a very well read MSM site and posting a REWARD for anything that could assassinate the character and career of another person.....

End of story

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:02 PM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Mostly because this "blogger" isnt some unknown person that nobody reads or listens to......

Friedlander

Beau Friedlander is an award-winning publisher of books and new media, and a media consultant with more than fifteen years of experience. He is politically active, with a focus on food and water issues and progressive politics. Most recently he was editor in chief of Air America Radio, where he ran and helped develop the left-leaning media company’s online presence.

He says he apologized yet he still has it up on his Twitter?
Beau Friedlander

For the Glenn fanboys, should they not accept reason, then it is their free will to believe in this false prophet, as they are only a minority in a land of 3million citizens, the way the KKK and the black panthers have their false prophets.

Are you seriously comparing Glenn Beck to the leaders of the KKK and Black panthers?

Im sorry, Glenn is a Conservative, that doesnt make him a racist like these two groups are.......

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   

The difference is this Huffington Post writer is/was serious. Glenn Beck hasn't killed anyone. This man wants to ruin a mans life because he can't make an argument against Beck's charges against the administration. He can't stand the fact that a bunch of dumb hicks are wiping the floor with him and his president so like a child he is lashing out just to cause pain with no thought for the consequences. He (the writer) has half way apologized but I think he should lose his job.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by ljtg123

Like i stated above, he appologized (kind of) but left the offer up on his twitter page, you can find it in my above post......

Indicative of this mentality no? Doesnt seem like a sincere apology to me

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:08 PM
link   

I know you wont address it because it calls into question the whole integrity of the "sound byte" which is exactly what it is..and is clearly at least in part hoaxed....no objectivity in it.......

I am starting to wonder how long you think you have to ride this BS intro argument before the other two clips I provided cease to be. Is there a reason out of 3 examples of Beck "joking" about murder, the only thing you are stuck on is this intro?

again out of context, because he was being accused of something he had never done, so he made a satire out of it.......pretty self explanatory ...

What was the rest of the context again that made it so funny? He did say he would like to do it, did he not? Then again, if you knew it was out of context, you would have the entire context and post it for us. Since you claim the context I provided is hoaxed, I am wondering what is taking so long since you claim here to know the context. Where is it?

Or are you being deliberately obtuse?

Not obtuse, not acute, just right.

No its quite different, now if beck said "Ill give 100k to anyone that smacks Charlie in the head with a shovel" and did it on the air or posted it some where, that would be one thing......

Why? Why does a reward make it any different? What reward was Bill Oreilly offering for the death of Dr. Tiller when he suggested it might be a good idea? What? None? He did not offer 100 thousand dollars you say? Oh, then I guess Scott Roeder never killed him because his favorite news man suggested it might help. Why are you hung up on a monetary reward? Beck suggests that the world would be better for us if it were not run by people like Pelosi. Beck suggests poisoing Pelosi might be entertaining. It does not take a rocket scientist to figure out some people might be more motivated to have a better life than 100 grand. Then, it seems you do not really pay attention to Beck so you do not realize the "rewards" he offers up.

You have made your views clear, however distorted they are.....the man for all intent and purpose put an add out offering reward money to damage Beck and ruin his life and career........out of SPITE

You have repeatedly failed to explain to me how anyone can ruin Beck's career with dirt not the result of dirty things done by Beck. I would also like to know why you think if there is dirt on Beck, it should not be known? Talk about distorted views but nice to know that your opinion is all good, mine is distorted. I did not know we were resorting to name calling and base insults just yet.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by ljtg123

The difference is this Huffington Post writer is/was serious. Glenn Beck hasn't killed anyone.

That is some fantastic logic there. You do realize this man has not ruined Beck's carreer either, right? So, two people said some things, neither did any of it. Next?

This man wants to ruin a mans life because he can't make an argument against Beck's charges against the administration.

That is not even remotely close to the truth. He is not out to ruin Beck's career. He is asking for something that would. That something...would be something bad Beck himself did, right? Why are you all missing this? I see no one asking anyone to frame Beck. Can you point that out to me?

He can't stand the fact that a bunch of dumb hicks are wiping the floor with him and his president so like a child he is lashing out just to cause pain with no thought for the consequences. He (the writer) has half way apologized but I think he should lose his job.

So after nothing but childish insults, you then go on to say a writer should lose his job, in America, for what he wrote? Did he say something untrue or do you just want to silence opposing opinions?

How are you all missing the fact that unless Beck did something dirty, this reward is pointless? Why would you want that to not get out?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Im sorry, Glenn is a Conservative, that doesnt make him a racist like these two groups are.......

You should be sorry because Glenn Beck is a Mormon so either he is a racist or a hypocrite. Your choice.

-does this count as satire?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   

I'm sorry I was just responding to what you wrote... So by your flawed logic a reporter/blogger for a mainstream news outlet should be able to "broker a deal" between anyone with money and anyone with anything that will destroy anyone's life, personal and professional, and not just want to do that but to use a widely read news outlet to put the offer out? I am supposed to be OK with that because it isn't as bad as having gasoline poured on me and set ablaze? As everyone keeps saying Glenn Beck is entertainment... He was making a joke.... This blogger guy is mental and I can't believe people are defending him just because of some misplaced hate for a man who has told more truth to the American people than all the MSM put together. You did read the article didn't you?

What you said-
Honestly, what would upset you more. If I offered money for a tape of you having sex that probably does not exist or if I say...poured gasoline on your and set you ablaze? poisoned your tea? Killed you for a certain cash prize? Personally, I think you should ask for all the sex tapes you want as long as you dont kill me, have at it.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join