It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

God and Angels of the Bible Were - AHEM - ALIENS

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Theres porbably quite a few people on here like me who believe the angels and 'god' of the christian bible were ETs. Purely, enough envidence for me is thr astounding amount of paintings of holy figures with UFOs in the back, do a quick search and you will find plenty.

The similarity between the column of fire and smoke of moses and cigar shaped motherships is pretty intriging as well.

I have also heard about some mistranslations of the King James Bible that the word Heaven actualyl meant Sky, but I have no source, I just remember hearing it on the History channel.

feel free to grill me

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
In my eyes, aliens are the definition of someone that lives in the same "reality" but in a foreign land. So take your pick of any galaxy.

God and the angels= extra(intra?) dimensional beings. considering the spiritual realm cannot be seen, and yet stories of angels and god intervening with humanity, suggests they can travel back and forth. "aliens" doesn't sound like a correct label for the spiritual, ya dig?

(also as far as I am concerned there is no proof that said "aliens" need UFOs to travel around in)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:36 PM
link   
So the paintings you mention...
when were they painted?

If they were (for example) 1400 or more years after the Christ, how would they know anymore than us what actually happened? Even if some were very old and painted just a couple hundred years after, how would they really know exactly what to paint?

They just basically "illustrated" scenes and passages from the Bible.

Many paintings show the star of Bethlehem shining down yet people still think it is a UFO. If you want to see a UFO, you will see one wherever you wish it to be. I guess it adds a little excitement to the whole dry Bible reading...

[edit on 30/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by The Endtime Warrior
In my eyes, aliens are the definition of someone that lives in the same "reality" but in a foreign land. So take your pick of any galaxy.

God and the angels= extra(intra?) dimensional beings. considering the spiritual realm cannot be seen, and yet stories of angels and god intervening with humanity, suggests they can travel back and forth. "aliens" doesn't sound like a correct label for the spiritual, ya dig?

(also as far as I am concerned there is no proof that said "aliens" need UFOs to travel around in)

good point. always have believed in extra and intradimensional travel. just didnt feel like making a long post..

But yes, but if they are not human, what are they?

ETs.

Aliens.

The term can be applied to many things.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chamberf=6
So the paintings you mention...
when were they painted?

If they were 1400 or more years after the Christ, how would they know anymore than us what actually happened? Even if some were very old and painted just a couple hundred years after, how would they really know exactly what to paint?

They just basically "illustrated" scenes and passages from the Bible.

But why would they put alien craft in them?

Theres lots of conspiracies in the christian faith, dont believe anything you are told.

Our past is MUCH more fantastic than they tell us.

The Vatican destroyed chapters of the Bible, literally wiped out entire sagas from the most popular book in the world, because they were deemed herecy, we could have known alot more!

link   
reply to post by Mooradian

First off, the paintings you are referring to were done centuries after Jesus' death. So, how would these painters know what was being seen by prophets and the like? Secondly, there's no proof that these images are anything more than people seeing what they want to see.

Then of course there's the fact that the people that created the belief that aliens essentially created us and civilization used faulty translations and misinterpreted images whose meanings are known and have nothing to do with aliens. As of now there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that aliens visited our ancestors, only misguided people who are seeing what they want to see.

link   
Why keep your thread down to the bible? There is only one god there, what about all the greek and eqyptian gods there used to be what ever happened to them?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

First off, the paintings you are referring to were done centuries after Jesus' death. So, how would these painters know what was being seen by prophets and the like? Secondly, there's no proof that these images are anything more than people seeing what they want to see.

Then of course there's the fact that the people that created the belief that aliens essentially created us and civilization used faulty translations and misinterpreted images whose meanings are known and have nothing to do with aliens. As of now there is absolutely no proof whatsoever that aliens visited our ancestors, only misguided people who are seeing what they want to see.

But how do you know that everything you believe in the christian faith (assuming you are christian) isnt just lies and myth perpotrated by those who also wanted to see what they wanted to see, ALA the Rapture

link   

Originally posted by Mooradian

ETs.

Aliens.

The term can be applied to many things.

Many things indeed.

=not your typical ovis aries,
ET

link   

sure. and the labels are most definitely inter changeable. god and angels are "alien" to us as far as what we've come to understand and know. problem is I can only go off of what people have claimed to see of these "aliens" and for the most part, they don't act like they need to use flying craft to get around. reports of entities walking through walls, appearing out of thin air, channeling, speaking telepathically, I mean....you kidding? advanced technology? ok maybe... but these things sound more akin to ghosts if you ask me. ghosts as far as I'm aware don't need a vehicle to travel to and fro

link   
God and Angels in the Bible were Thiaooubians and Lyrans claimed in Thiaoouba Prophecy:

Source: rune.galactic.to... (read the entire account)

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sphinx551]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

You are the one calling them alien craft. You are presuming to know what the artists meant.
They painted an angel or a star,
you may see them as aliens or UFOs.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
Why keep your thread down to the bible? There is only one god there, what about all the greek and eqyptian gods there used to be what ever happened to them?

Thats a whole other story pal..

Basically focusing o nChristianity, but yeah, the Olympic Gods were either myths used to explain phenomenon or some form of ET

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   

The Renaissance artists often slipped things into their paintings that only them and a few others understood. So, for all we know it might just be an inside joke, or maybe the artist saw a UFO at some point and slipped it in to one of their paintings. Either way it does not mean that aliens were contacting Biblical figures.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by sphinx551

LOL - that guys site is hilarious.
Him photoshopped with the "angel" is funny too.

He is just trying to sell his book that he was "instructed" to write--like Joseph Smith, the writer of the book of Mormon.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by Chamberf=6]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

My friend Unity_99 said that it feels too "Masonic" but that's besides the point. I just put website link up anyway. Interesting non the less even if false.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

I'm not Christian, nor any other faith. I just don't see any evidence to back up the ancient astronaut theory. So far the people who have made careers off the theory all have gaping holes in their hypotheses and it just seems like they've read a bit too much Lovecraft. It's more likely that the Bible was simply hiding teachings from earlier schools in their narrative that only the initiated would be able to identify.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcalibur254

I'm not Christian, nor any other faith. I just don't see any evidence to back up the ancient astronaut theory. So far the people who have made careers off the theory all have gaping holes in their hypotheses and it just seems like they've read a bit too much Lovecraft. It's more likely that the Bible was simply hiding teachings from earlier schools in their narrative that only the initiated would be able to identify.

YOu cant see any evidence!! Google the Baalbek, supposably created by ET giants. the stones are estimated 800-1600 tons. Our strongest cranes CANNOT carry them yet they were transported over 5 miles and put together so precis e that a paper couldnt be slipped in between.

No dude.

The pyramids, millions of sightings, millions of testimonies and paintings in ancient writing, i see the evidence. Maybe you dont. But I do and millions of others do.

I find it completely absurd that someone can deny ancient aliens let alone alien life at all!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
reply to post by The Endtime Warrior

Close but no cigar! God is and always has been God! Aliens are the fallen angels that where sent out of heaven with Satin! No alien could burn a bush and when the fire goes out the bush is as before the fire,without some sort of healing power, that would take a few seconds,and would have been seen! But that's not what happened! God is not the author of deception,Satin is!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by slinger

close but no cigar? I don't see how my post says God is anything otherwise. I'll give you a chance to reread and retract your statements.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join