It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
There is a sure way to finding out if you really are a loser, throw yourself
in front of a moving bus, if you die your the coolest kid on the block
if you live, well......you get the picture!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by TheApachekid]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
Does prove one thing...people who replied to the OP have a heart and show compassion for the fellow human being !!.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

I don't think you are a loser, maybe you're a loner like I am, finding true friends if anyone is honest is not an easy thing, they come and go through out your life time. Sometimes we need a mentor, a person who may be much older then you are who has life experience that you can learn from. This may sound strange but have you ever considered visiting a senior center and talking with them, you would be amazed what you well learn, most are willing to share their life, experience and expertise with others, it can be rich.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Battleline
Well AProphet,after 8 pages you have made one comment as far as I could see(might have missed one).My point being is I would think being lonely and haveing so many ATS people open up to you I would think you would be very talkative and happy to have aguired so many "friends" in such a short time.

How do we all look in that fish bowl?????????

exactly !
either that or the rope over the tree branch held solid, or the tylenol bottle laying on the floor beside the bed is empty.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

I don't have any friends either. I don't need any. You also don't need any.

Loners can be some of the greatest deep thinkers because unlike others, their life is filtered from other people's junk. Being alone gives you a chance to reflect and think about things that your average person does not think about.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schleprock
OP, I could have written that post myself. I don't have a single friend and haven't had one for many years. It's not like I don't try to make friends. Most of the time I'm ok with it, but sometimes I wish I had just one friend to talk to. It really sucks when you have something wonderful happen and have no one to tell. Or when you have something really bad happen and no one to talk to.

I'm sorry that there is not that many understanding or caring people in the world today. Hang in there guys, it gets better.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Slim
if this was a HOAX to pull on the heart strings of people here at ATS, i am saddened and angry, i posted numerous times here, although i didn't induce any feeling into it, however, still angry!

It is not a HOAX -- he's just having fun with a bunch of STIFFS. Loosen up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
made a mistake.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
May I suggest that perhaps sometimes people replying to 'pleas' like this, first look at the profile of the OP as it might give a clue as to what they are looking for....

Regards

PurpleDOG UK

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

You wonder what other people are feeling? ASK THEM.

Most people are very friendly. I am also a loner, but talk to people constantly when I'm out and about. I live my private space and my private time, but when I'm in public, I talk to cashiers, people in lineups, people at the grocery stores, people in coffee shops, people delayed at airports.

Engaging people in conversation isn't hard. I had a lovely chat with a lady in the lineup at the bank yesterday morning.

People are usually quite surprised when you engage them in conversations for 30 seconds that you spend together. I've met two girlfriends by talking to them in lineups.

However, after seeing your profile and some of your other threads "are all men killers and all women whores?" I can see why your mind set is that you don't want to meet anyone. You should NEVER pre judge anyone. With attitudes like that towards society as a whole, you will NEVER make any friends, but I hope you can adjust your thinking and find someone, even a coffee buddy.

I've even talked to people who mop the floors at the local supermarket, so look out, it could be you next!

[edit on 31-8-2010 by babybunnies]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

Is this guy a jerk, or is he a jerk??

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
It wasn't until I stopped going to school that I met more "real" people and people that I could finally call friends. These are individuals who accepted me as I accepted them. It wasn't like I was in some kind of prison anymore, where we just had to try and get along and had to make "friends". For most of my life I would say I have not really had anyone to call a friend. I used to think that all people are exactly the same, with those society induced flaws on top of our human nature. We do need to accept we are all human beings, yet, there are some people who do not let the society push them into something they are not. That had always been my biggest problem with people, as I was someone who naturally stopped following any kind of trend or train of thought within today's youth which was all too common. Nothing seemed real to me anymore, but once I went out of my "comfort zone", I found an environment that I just fit right into, along with meeting more and more individuals which I feel nothing but "love" for ever since. The human being seems to be great at complicating things, especially when directed by today's society and media. I believe that each and every one of us has a very deep desire to connect with others in any way possible, yet it is rare that we establish such connections. Don't close your eyes just yet. Keep them open, maybe you'll find someone.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I don't think he's a jerk, but he needs some serious attitude adjustment towards society as a whole.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
reply to post by SinkingSun

This post needs some soft music to go with it.

Lonely heart's club, 101

[edit on 31-8-2010 by etcorngods]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
I have my doubts about anyone capapble of posting something so pathetic. However there is a chance that this person is sincere and not just trolling for sypathy. Soooo, first things first, your perceptions of the world are your responsibility. We all come into this world pure as the wind driven snow, through experience and decision we condition those potentials we were born with and this process directly affects how we see our world. Judging from what you wrote I'd say you've had negative experiences that have conditioned your perceptions of social interaction to the point where you avoid social opportunity Much the same has happened to me only to a lesser degree, I have a few select friends I can share with, which suits me just fine. Social interaction can be complicated, if you really want it, some sacrifices must be made, and an open minded approach is required - preconceived ideas are a hinderence. There ar plenty of ways to go out and be social without necessarily commiting yourself. Find something you like to do outside of your home and do it regularly, and you'll soon find others with common interests on which to base a possible friendship. I like to rollerskate, and I've met a lot of people and made lots of friends just doing what I like to do. So get outta that cave and go do something!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by amodedoma

"posting something so pathetic" -- it is not "pathetic", it is clever -- just having fun with a bunch of ATS geeks who take this site tooo seriously.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   
I hear ya man. Four years ago, I was a high school dropout, had just gotten someone pregnant. I had to move out of my town to where she lived, away from all of my friends that I had known. Thanks to the internet, we stayed in contact, but its not the same. We still hang out from time to time, but the group of people with whom I basically spent years with has grown apart to the point where I haven't seen or even heard from some very close friends in years. Then I lost the woman I had been with for over three years. Things were looking bad.

But, with time, all things get better. I now have a wonderful fiancee, two adorable children, and a college degree. We aren't rich, and I don't have too much time to socialize, though I have gotten back in contact with most of my old friends.

You seem like a genuinely nice person. Things may seem bleak now, but I promise, in time, things will get better. I know saying this doesn't help, you are going to feel how you feel, but it is the truth.

Best of luck to you, and I would wish you the best, but things will come together in their own way with my wishes or not.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

you can tell how much of a total ***hole you are, your post count is 250+ and you have 50+ replies, my post count is 311 and i have 471 replies and im sure many other ATS users will have stats more similar to mine than to yours, picture this, either say something nice or dont say anything at all, or maybe more fitting in your case would be, only say something worth saying.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
be aware. You will meet people throughout life that will pretend to be your friend. They will hurt you, backstab you, lie to you, and do whatever it takes to make you feel less than what you are. A true friend is the hardest thing to find, but when you have one it makes all the difference.

Best of luck

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Part of me wants to say, "man up". Self pity has never help in any situation that I've ever been in.

The other part of me realized exactly what you're going through. I've been there and had to deal with it. And I didn't deal with it in the healthiest of ways.

One thing I've learned in life is that having and maintaining "friends" is not always easy. Life, especially today, is very busy. I really only have a couple close friends. And I have to make an effort to hang out with them. We all have conflicting schedules. I actually speak and hang out more with my "work friends" than with my "real" friends. I'll go weeks without calling them or seeing them. But, they understand. They may have more friends than I do, but they're just as busy.

If you really want to make and have friends, you have to make an effort. And not just, "oh, well. I tried and they didn't seem interested in being my friend". It's work. But it pays off when you can call someone up and tell them a crazy story that just happened to you and you have someone to laugh with.

I think the internet is a major disconnect for today's civilization. It allows people to "disconnect" with those around them, while submersing themselves in a enormous "community" of faceless individuals. Use the internet as a tool to make friends ... in actual life ... not just virtual. Find groups that have the same interest as you. Meet-up.com is one.

You probably have a passive nature, as I do. I understand that it can be intimidating. And it's NEVER easy. But, that hardest part is taking the first step.

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join