I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

There is nobody in my life that I can talk to my deep down thoughts and secrets of but God himself in prayer. Sometimes I wonder if that is why God exists if for no other reason. To prevent your insanity by being there no matter what.

Don't feel bad. You have friends. We all do. We just rank them differently. If not, find a friend. A bum on the street has his whole story of his whole life to tell and a true friend indeed.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Gorman91]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:08 AM
link   
It's nice to see I'm not the only one who feels this way. I want to be your friend AProphet1233.
Like some of the other members said, I know it's not the same as a real life friend (like we're imaginary, lol) but I want you to know that if you need to talk I'm here for you.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   
You're only a loser if you decide you are.
You make your own life.
I'll tell you something that randomly came to me the other day in one of my daydreaming bouts; if you want to improve yourself, it's your responsibility to do so.

I'm not blaming you or judging you. I know how difficult it is to change your frame of mind and the way in which you see the world, because this alone can be quite heavily imprinted upon our psyche.
But it can be done. And it is time for you to make some decisions, my friend.
It's also extremely important that you project the types of thoughts that you would physically like to experience in the tangible world. So if you're projecting an image of yourself that is negative, that you're a loser, that you'll never have any friends, then that is exactly what you can expect to see in your waking hours.

I wish you only the best and I truly hope that you can begin think better of yourself because you are but a very small yet unbelievably significant spark of something unfathomable and perfect. Always remember, the only person that can make you feel little is you.

You have a friend in me anytime.

Vacant

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhiteDevil013

Your post is written eloquently enough to suggest you possess some level of intellect, that in itself puts you ahead of most people....just remember, life is too short. Don't be one of those people who look back and wish they would have done things differently.

This is a notable point.
I have recently come to fully realise my daydreaming ways and decided to do something about my fear of mediocrity. I have been putting plans in motion to gradually change my circumstances and to ultimately achieve my dreams, instead of still lying around and literally dreaming about doing stuff.
I didn't want to be one of those people who looked back on my life and was completely dissatisfied with what I had accomplished and thus held many regrets.
This is good advice to follow OP.
The time is always right to act on your dreams.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:35 AM
link   
you feel bad because you are a brain washed puppet.. your head is full of standards that have no meaning to you yet you feel inadequet because all those who go through life blindly by giving into the easy way out are programmed to make you feel worthless and keep you down and kick you while your down

this is what i tell myself

the meek shall inherit the earth.. im not religious but it still means something to me and so does karma

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
My friend you are not alone.

And do not think negatively of yourself..

Your thoughts create your reality so stop right now thinking you are a loser.

Think positive.

If your keep thinking on the same old lines, your path in life will never change.

Ever heard the saying you must love yourself before others can love you..

Think differently and put those thoughts into action..

And a different life will ensue..

suggested reading: As a man thinketh -James Allen

All the best.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:45 AM
link   

Well... do you know that people learn very much more with their errors that with their mistakes?

I don´t know why you think you are a loser, but if you were really a loser you won’t admit it because you would know, you would be in denial.
To admit a problem is a big step to resolve it, and a step few people give.
I have no friends, or better, a I am not relating to them. I was depress I know I am better, but I am on a journey to encounter myself, an investigation you may call it. As I go deeper in this, I learn thing that makes me aware of things that everybody in my circle are not, so I am becoming different and different… it´s quite bad. Now I need someone who meet´s my awareness. I don’t give a cheat about football and the life of that famous people, thing people around me pay attention, meanwhile the sun is threatening us all and is known, maybe you must put together 3 or 4 pieces of info, but is there, and people are just interest in their banal interest, such were are this actor spending his vacations….
To be a loser doesn´t have nothing to do with your number of friends, the great mathematician of last century died alone in a mental institution after spending all his life trying to teach his genius finding to mathematicians how just don´t were prepared to such an advance, he was ahead of his time…
So, no mental sick guy would ever say I am crazy, did you saw any sick mental guy declare that is insane?
I hope I made same how easy to think, an picture your situation. Sorry for the bad English 

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
Ummm here's a good passage that I found, enjoy:

Look upon physical and mental sufferings as gifts.
They bring their own lesson such as the temporalness of life, and the intrinsic worth of the eternal.
Do not become disheartened and alarmed when adversity, calamity and misfortune fall upon you, for those who have acquired the power of enduring adversities, can enter the spiritual path.
Do not fear suffering or blame others.
According to the law of the universe, all sufferings are your labour of love to unveil your real self.
In comparison to realising infinite bliss, all the sufferings and agonies you experience amount to practically nothing.

- Meher Baba

[edit on 31/8/10 by pretty_vacant]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Your post reminds me of the old song by Neil Young, "Don't let it bring you down, it's only Castles Burning, find someone who's turning, and you will come around."

Depression often makes us feel this way. There are so many different things to do on this planet. You just have to do it. Cheer up!

Do yourself a favor and seek help for you depression. The world is at your feet.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
NO!,

This is going to sound very insensitive, but really what happening to ATS that some guy can log on and say “I have no friends” and get 35 flags, its like the “look at my pretty picture threads” and the “I am the start child threads”, not what I joined ATS for. At the very least this should be in BTS.

But no now it’s full of a bunch of equally lonely people attempting to do the Good Samaritan thing by giving this guy advice. Each one trying to outdo the other over how much good advice he or she can give whilst being so nice their avatar should be on the cover of every thank you card on earth. It’s like some of you have just been bursting with anticipation to make use of some of those memorised Chinese fortune Cookies you’ve been eating alone for the past year looking for inspiration. This thread has became full of do gooders competing with each other in a who is the nicest of the nice competition, its selfish and not doing this guy any favours.

OP, this will sound harsh but somebody needs to say it, pull you together and get a life. If you have a job, just start actually talking to your work colleagues and ask about going out for a pint. You are bound to have at least one person you sort of know so ask him or her out for a drink or even try talking to them.

PS, why did I not get the memo about ATS starting up a lonely hearts forum.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
Wow, thank you everyone for all the supportive replies. You guys really aren't anywhere near as weird as I used to think you were, my perspective has now expanded.

I'm going to make it a point to friend you all since you are such beautiful people. Just yesterday I befriended a fish that belongs to my brother whose apartment I was taking care of while he was on a business trip, although I suspect the fish's affinity towards me was about him being dependent on me for his survival and not me personally. Still though, I'm not one to question fortune when it favors me

A few of you have asked about my "brilliant idea" although I should warn you it is not so brilliant an idea and not even an idea. I won't keep those of you in suspense any longer. In short, I have visions that deal with recognizing where the force of reality is strongest by analyzing patterns of energy that occur in everyday life.

What a wonderful thread, and your idea is super.

Your idea reminds me of one, which was presented to me in the early sixty.

I was working for Union Carbide, Linde Division (now "Praxair"). I was the manager of Liquid Helium. We were the largest supplier of liquid helium.

A guy came into me and said that he had an idea. He said that he had noticed that if you put Helium gas into a balloon, it would rise. He reasoned that if you put solid or liquid helium into a space, you could lift an entire building.

I explained to him about boats, and why they float, and why that wasn't a good idea.

He said: "I have another idea."

He explained that he had noticed that when you get old, you tend to slump and even get shorter. He said that he believed that was because of gravity.

He wanted United Carbide to form a joint venture with him for scan the whole world and find a place with no gravity. Then we could open a spa there and make lots of money.

I routed him to others in the Company so he could tell them his ideas.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
The OP is great at pulling the chain of a bunch of GEEKS. He probably has more friends, all beautiful girls, than TIGER WOODS.

Good for you for your creative post.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

LOL no gravity would you please start up a thread about this could be both interesting and a fun one to debate.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   

I'm a loser too,but it is by the measure of others,who spend all of their time and money trying to be like their neighbors,getting the best and latest Iphone,driving a car they can barely afford in order to impress others who don't really care.......

The losers are the ones who wake up one morning,and realize they have wasted their entire lives chasing the wind......realizing that they have been investing the only thing they have in something that may not ever exist.

The past is gone,the future is not guaranteed to ever arrive.

All we have is now.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

NO!,

This is going to sound very insensitive, but really what happening to ATS that some guy can log on and say “I have no friends” and get 35 flags, its like the “look at my pretty picture threads” and the “I am the start child threads”, not what I joined ATS for. At the very least this should be in BTS.

No, no and no, bad monkey!

Has it ever occurred to you that the level of disconnect this poster is talking about is part of a conspiracy.

A conspiracy in education to keep people from mastering their own focus and learning emotional control, by presenting a very limited and often false perspective on the world, a conspiracy by religion, to teach people they are inherently and hopelessly flawed and can only find salvation and peace and happiness by God, a conspiracy by the media to bombard us 24 hours a day with nothing but bad and tragic and angry news?

Ah but for what purpose?

To create an individual who has no real self focus, who is not in mastery of them selves, that perceives the world purely along emotional lines that can be manipulated and caused to react along those emotional lines for the control and profit of the corporate government?

For the profit of pharmaceutical companies that then sell them happy pills, ensuring that they never ever, ever attain a modicum of emotional self discipline and personal mastery and shall always be forever dependent on the state and it’s corporations for any kind of quality of life.

An educational and religious system that teaches people to be jealous, angry and vengeful that will in fact slap the hand of friendship away just as you have done as you once again proclaim that thinking and reacting on the most superficial of levels has some benefit.

Maybe if such people tried having the courage to be a little more honest themselves like the Original Poster they wouldn’t feel so isolated that their own reactions then are nothing but emotionally driven, jealous and angry and vengeful ones.

There is always a conspiracy.

I hope this doesn’t shock the monkey!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:22 AM
link   

There are many ways to express the same thing...
Stiff upper lip and all that....A stroke is better than a kick in the teeth.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by airspoon
If you have nobody to tie you down, maybe you should go on an adventure, like backpacking through Europe or Asia. Get lost in African villages, helping the poor. Not only will you make lots of friends on an adventure such as those listed, but it will also give your life purpose, while broadening your horizons. Go spin your wheels and live life to the fullest.

spoon, lol
that could almost sound like an employment ad
for the Peace Corp !!!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
This is really the lamest thread Ive posted in - when I saw the title I had a laugh, and thought it would be amusing (as in satire) - it isn't satire, but it is amusing, in a sick kind of way.

The world is wracked with wars - poverty is spreading like plague - the forces of evil encircle the globe - and you are all boo hoo no friends?

Sorry - get a dog and harden the fk up.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   

Hey Kevin,
you ever think that crappy attitudes like yours contribute to the cynical removed void that has become mankind?
Not long ago you want to regulate or ban or restrict posts and memberships?
If that's the best you have at understanding, compassion, or contribution, please dont bother taking it out of the garbage can and waving it around in here.
Seriously, count the forums and post to threads you actually have an interest in rather than just bytching about how the content isnt up to you and the reichmarshalls standard.

(and to be honest I think this is an exercise in writing by the poster, and a measure of responses)

[edit on 31-8-2010 by HappilyEverAfter]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Maybe its time for you to call a psychologist...

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join