It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by GunzCoty

I agree, we are all like minded here (even if we dont always agree, but thats the beauty of us) its just Gods ironic joke that we're brought together by something as fragile and breakable as a computer programme. If we could all get down the pub together we'd realise that none of us had no friends (and also a great pub quiz team).

+2 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Damn son thats deep

“The soul that sees beauty may sometimes walk alone.”
Johann Wolfgang von Goethe

When I came home from the army in 2006 I didnt want any one near me and I spent a lot time the woods. I saw 2 of my buddys killed within a few yards of me. From that time on I didnt want or need any emotional baggage so I just kept to my self. Until the morning of Sept. 19 of 2008 I drove in to town to get some food from the grocery store. I was standing in line to check out and I herd a boy laugh and I turned around there was this lady with her son and he was making fun of me Calling me "farmer jon". His mom giggled a little and apologized several times I told her it was no biggie Im not a farmer and went on my way. The next day I was out bush hogging
the lower end of my land when the same lady comes up on a 4wheller and asks if I seen her boy. I told her "no and if I did I would call the deputy sheriff because if I see him he"ll be trespassing on my land just like you"
so she huffs and puffs then runs off I hoped for the last time. I didnt realize that she and her son lived a couple miles behind me

So a couple days went by and I started felling kinda low about raging her.
Well off to town I went to pick up some what nots and thingma bobs at the local hardware store. When I opened the door all I herd was "farmer jon" in my mind the first thing I could think of was "damn it". So I manned up and apologized for being an a$$ to her. Then we started talking as we walked out the door of the hardware store. As I was gettin in my truck she asked if I would mined getting a bite to eat in my mind all I could think of was "damn lady I apologized what ells do you want". So I figured why not we went to a little burger joint called the "Speedy burger". We were eating and talking seemed like hours about life and such she explained why she was a single mom I told her of my travels abroad. It was around 9pm when we said good night to each other and went our separate ways.

The next morning I woke up to the sound of a 4wheller going down the road. So I jumped up and ran out on to the porch to see if it was her but it wasnt.
I asked my self "do I want this in my life do I need this baggage". So I pondered on the thought of letting some one get close to me. The emotional baggage they bring the wants the needs all the things I stayed away from. Thats when it hit.

I couldnt stand her at first but when it took now I love her so much it hurts.
It took me a while to realize my best friend was just next door.

S&F friend

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:18 PM
link   

Mate, I have to ask you....

Do you genuinely want to have friends, but find it hard to find any ?

Do you want to have friends because everybody else does, and you feel you have to ?

When you are lonely, do you feel you need a friend to combat that, or do you just imagine that you do ?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Sherlock Holmes]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Friends should be the least of your concerns right now.
Start worrying about your survival for when the SHTF.
Hell, you should consider yourself lucky to not have any friends, now you have no one to lose when things turn sour.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sliceNodice]

I wouldnt want to be alone trying to fight off ZOMBIES
you could trow the weaker ones in as bait while you make your getaway

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by hillbilly4rent

Originally posted by sliceNodice
Friends should be the least of your concerns right now.
Start worrying about your survival for when the SHTF.
Hell, you should consider yourself lucky to not have any friends, now you have no one to lose when things turn sour.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sliceNodice]

I wouldnt want to be alone trying to fight off ZOMBIES
you could trow the weaker ones in as bait while you make your getaway

But what if you are the weaker one?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

that was a great story. this is a good thread. a lot of interesting, sincere thoughts and reflections. thanks, everybody.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

But what if you are the weaker one?

Run like hell

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
And you just got a nice blue or black sedan parked outside your house for the next 3 months. be safe.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:41 PM
link   
A good friend is hard to find..did someone famous say that? a song? well it's true.

I generally say I have a # of nice acquaintances (but I don't want them hanging around all the time.)

I live alone, and have on and off all my life. When I was 30 I was a passenger in a car crash that broke my back and disabled me. I was the 'belle of the ball' for the one year I was in the hospital, but when I was released, I thought it was a different world. Where was everybody? I was still disabled and I suppose no one wants to be saddled with that for a lifetime, not a daughter, nor 4 siblings.

I learned to be alone and like it, to value it, to write songs, learn the computer, drive a car again....that is, be independant.

Then 17 months ago, in my wheelchair, 40 years later, I was struck by a car and laid up again. Well I was prepared for it, and I have the greatest Rehab Assistant. She is younger than my daughter, and at the present time is my 'best friend'.. there is somethng she has that I have never found in anyone else...she, too, had gone through pain and Rehab, she, too, and her husband have been connected to Narcissistic Personality Disordered people, as I was and my daughter was. That can really dump on one's self-esteem, but we've overcome that.

I suppose I can say that G-d is my friend, as I had only Gr.13 education, and where would I have been if He/She didn't mess me up so that I could sue and finance my daughter's and my life.

My RA is also the only one who didn't make a face when I told her that at 46 my daughter discovered she is gay! I didn't either. I am just happy that she is happy at last!

Life is what you make of what you have to work with and for these past 17 months (broken femur, 3 surgeries and PAIN) I have been investigating the past and conspiracies, from the 1947 Roswell incident, to JFK, to the Moon landing, to 9-11 and the days just speed by as I heal every day.

Did I say that I now value my solitude? but a good friend is welcome!

edit spell

[edit on 30-8-2010 by canadiansenior70]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by hillbilly4rent

Hey, nice post Hillbilly.

Have you stayed in contact with her?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
I could have wrote that OP.

I have no friends, one person I talk to occasionally on Facebook that I use to go to school with, but that's it. Imagine being 18 and not having any friends. I think I am beginning to get use to it though, it's been about 2 years since I had a friend.

I spend plenty of time on ATS because this is like a community, and although we aren't friends per se, we do share many things in common that we can talk about.

I can't actually tell you to go out and get a friend because I know that is very difficult.

I have an anxiety disorder, it's genetic, but when it finally appeared in me I stopped having friends and became anti-social. Now I spend all my time at home with my family.

So don't feel like you are alone in feeling that way.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
You could take heart in the fact that Nikola Tesla was famously a loner with few if any friends and worked alone. He was however a brilliant self publicist.

I can't say that I have many (if any) friends apart from my girlfriend, it's not that I am not sociable, people tend to like me and I have to mix a lot in a professional sense but I never really seem to transform someone I count as an acquaintance into someone I think of as a true friend.I have been like this since childhood and it really doesn't bother me much anymore.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by davespanners]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by canadiansenior70
A good friend is hard to find..did someone famous say that? a song? well it's true.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by canadiansenior70]

Hey, Canadian senoir, i couldn't agree with you more on that.

Most people tend to be a bit too wrapped up in thier own hectic lives to want to be a little selfless in helping their friends in times of need. Those that do, you can call true friend and you quickly find out who they are.

Wishing you a speedy recovery

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
what is the definition of friends? I bet most people dont have a "friend" that you hope to get

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   
I think most of us could have written this..We all feel lonely, separated, alone and depressed that we dont 'fit in', ask most of us mil vets, esp those that served in combat. We come back to being a civvie, and we're uncomfortable as hell, even around our famly.
We had a suprise 50th b-day for my mom back in 1994, I came home on leave from the army, and was very uncomfortable around my fazmily and kinda hung back. My grandfather, a WW2 vet (drove landing craft in the pacific), says to me, "Joe, youre uncomfortable around the family, right?" I told him yes, why do i feel this way? He said all of us (veterans) feel this way after being away and in the environment we were in. It struck home.
I still suffer hard from loneliness, my family disowned me years ago after receiving a felony conviction. I havent spoken to ANYONE in my family in over 8 years. Sometimes I wake up and wish I'd never wake up again, I've looked at my airsoft guns, and wished they were real, because if they were, I would have ended it long ago, but you have to find things to keep you busy, find an outlet, maybe you'll find the people you are supposed to fit in there
a S&F for you brother

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   

You my friend are a great intellect, and you must be very well educated. You are a trickster of knowledge.

You should be putting your time into writing because your words are bountiful and descriptive of someone with a very extensive view of the world.

Yet you play yourself to us as one that is lonesome, but not lonely. Your world is vast and your achievements are awaiting you and others. Proceed with your life my friend to its fullest extent.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
When you are a kid your friends are the a-holes you live near. When you grow up your friends are the a-holes you live with. I stole that from Adam Corolla but it really is true.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   
You sir are just a leaf on the wind.

Let the wind carry you to a better place.

Do not fight the current, let it flow with your movements.

Surrounded by billions of humans, we are still but individuals in this madhouse of life.

Making connections is not an easy process, hell it can be a scary one indeed.

If I could give you advice I would, but the only one I can give is to be yourself. For if you are not, would you truly find a friend, or just an acquaintance that you hide your true self from?

God Bless and Peace and may you find what you are looking for.

The saltheart is a follower of the foam, I ride with the currents of dreams. May you find your dream and live it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

That is an amazing little sentence, you nailed it!
That is as close to lonely and invisible and pathetic as it comes.
Nondescript, a smoke cloud moving through the bumping shoulders of all that pass you by.
Have you been writing long?
I'd like to read some more, is it all dark or do you also express the lighter side of life equally as well.
Youre good

S&F
added as friend!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:02 AM
link   
If you have no friends, you sir are an introvert.
So much I don't know about you. How can I make a call.
I feel this much though. There is no bigger loser than someone who
calls them self a loser. If you dislike being a loser, stop calling yourself one. For all I know you may only need to shower more often.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join