It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:54 PM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

Great advice except for the paying for 'hostiles' bit. I'm sure you didn't mean to prompt our mutual friend to become a mercenary recruiter.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:55 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Maybe you were an alien in your previous life?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sphinx551]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Things to Do…
1. Create a face book profile! Keeping a diary about how often you drink e.g. tap water will definitely help.
2. Go clubbing, if you don’t know anyone, an advert in the newspaper is bound to help!
3. Do something interesting: Learn to shoot, use a crossbow, join a chess club. Play a piano. All these things increases the chances you will come into contact with people, who aren’t you and therefore friendships will be formed.

Things to Avoid…
1. Don’t join the army-marines; they’ll either kill you, or you will.
2. Stay away from the cheap girls at nightclubs, they’re boyfriends are usually chavs, they’re often abused and full of diseases.
3. Do not be cool. I never liked anybody because they were cool, but I have liked many for being slightly eccentric –not afraid to be themselves. One exception is dress-fashion sence usually matters far more than (certainly I'd) like to think.

[edit on 090705 by Liberal1984]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
Friends are over-rated. The more friends you have, the more times you have to help people move.

But if you get a job you can make some there.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   

My friend,

In this world, we are born alone and we die alone. Anything and everything in between is really up to us.

And I would also like you to expand a little on your idea...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'd be really interested to hear about your brilliant idea.

As for those feelings when you look at others, many people have experienced that or something similar at some point in their lives - looking around at others and thinking we are different. However, it is also often true that many of those others, although not isolated in the same physical way - also feel 'disconnected' from others, isolated and alone.

This is what generations of 'social engineering' has done. You are not having this experience because there is something wrong with you, it's because there really is something wrong with our society. Those who have sought - and do still seek - to dismantle society and thus create a sense of disconnect and of not belonging in us individuals are doing this for their own evil agenda. So, I can't emphasise this enough - it's not your fault. I would imagine that more and more people feel similar things these days.

So, I believe, one of the ways of fighting back is to remember that we ARE all connected, to look at what we have in common, and do what we can to re-connect with ourselvles, with our own soul and connect in many small ways with others - even those we don't know, each of us in our own way, because every one of us needs that.

Thanks for being courageous enough to write about this.

This might make you smile:
vids.myspace.com...

If you like it there's lots more on youtube!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by wcitizen]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   

I had friends and they just back stabled me, they are so full of their selfs, I think one of them is a free mason. People in general are going crazy as we move on, more and more like wild animals. You will come to the conclusion that you don't need anyone to feel happy as long as you can carry on.
Like me for example, I don;'t need anyone to confort me because no one was there when I needed it. So cheer up, good friends are hard to find, almost imposible, but you always have your self.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:09 PM
link   

I tend to think you exist as much as I exist, otherwise neither of us would exist and I believe I exist because I'm having a conversation with you, therefore you also exist. Conversely, this conversation is an illusion that we're both partaking in and the other posters are either part of the illusion or part of the dream of the illusion but even then, in some sense, we all exist.

Even when one has friends it can feel like friends abandon you and disappear which can be even worse. There's a time in life when some become lonely, possible because others have moved on in their lives while, umm...others...umm...seem to be stuck in some limbo state of life left behind by society and friends. I honestly believe I share some of your pain. Personally, I'm ever so slowly learning much later in life than I'd wish that what society deems the norm may not be what you really want, or more importantly what you need. Everyone's different and that's not a bad thing.

I'm taking a chance posting this video as the song title implies that everyone needs someone but the execution says something entirely different to me. None of these people knew each other never mind were friends with each other. By everyone doing their own thing in their own way, a great video was made. It gives me some hope, somewhere, somehow of greater things achieved through just being yourself. I get a great warm, fuzzy feeling whenever I watch it, including right now as I'm typing this. I hope you enjoy it and see it in a positive light.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by Three_moons]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Hey, buddy, I'll be your friend. I too have been sort of a loner for most of my life, never had more friends than fingers on one hand. Most people tend to hate me me because i am intelligent, not a Christian, not having a cell phone, not driving a new car....the list goes on and on. You are in good company here. Cheers.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
Friends should be the least of your concerns right now.
Start worrying about your survival for when the SHTF.
Hell, you should consider yourself lucky to not have any friends, now you have no one to lose when things turn sour.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by sliceNodice]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Perhaps you have no friends because you think all men are killers and all women are whores. Just a thought....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Friendship has many levels of intensity and most of them have something to recommend about them as well as the potential for negativity.
For instance, very strong friendships can support you in times of need, but also lead you to take paths that are wrong for you.
Friendship means people taking an interest in you - this is happening on this thread.
Perhaps you do not need long-term or intense friendships that involve a great deal of interaction and effort. That's fine as long as you are comfortable with it. I am like that and sometimes feel at a distance from people when I walk through crowds in shopping centres, for instance.
If you feel a strong need to develop friendships I would recommend the point of a previous poster - start with an animal that will demonstrate its pleasure at seeing you. Even a hamster does that once tamed, if you do not have the room or lifestyle for a dog.
Consider your interests and make yourself join activities with like-minded people. That way you will find other friendship seekers doing the same thing.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:39 PM
link   
It's very unappealing to want friends...

Pretend you are too good to be friends with anybody, and then people will suck up to you...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   

And why is Mister McFeely in the house all the time?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

I like the cut of your jib ...... AProphet1233 .

You post was most expressive and to my mind captured something - oft illusive .
What that is , i`m not so sure ........ but i like it.

Not all who wander are lost

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:53 PM
link   
Friends are overrated.

However, if you want a friend, you have to be a friend.

JR

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
If YOU don't make your life happen.

No one is going to do it for you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   

We are all friends here on ATS this is the club we joined to meet people like us.
People who think and people who see and we may bicker allot but we are all friends.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by JR MacBeth
if you want a friend, you have to be a friend.

Truth.

Some people will tell you they have many friends but the good ones only seem to last a few years. They move away, find new friends or just plain start ignoring you. Some people will say they have no friends at all or don't even want any, and yet will be surprised by the kindness found in the oddest places. Others will be helpful in the hopes of compensation only to find that they are laughed at. And yet another will do it for the great feeling it gives them to do something good for another.

But the bottom line is that you will attract more flies with honey than vinegar. Being a sourpuss will get you absolutely nothing but crocodile tears and false sympathy.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Wow, thank you everyone for all the supportive replies. You guys really aren't anywhere near as weird as I used to think you were, my perspective has now expanded.

I'm going to make it a point to friend you all since you are such beautiful people. Just yesterday I befriended a fish that belongs to my brother whose apartment I was taking care of while he was on a business trip, although I suspect the fish's affinity towards me was about him being dependent on me for his survival and not me personally. Still though, I'm not one to question fortune when it favors me

A few of you have asked about my "brilliant idea" although I should warn you it is not so brilliant an idea and not even an idea. I won't keep those of you in suspense any longer. In short, I have visions that deal with recognizing where the force of reality is strongest by analyzing patterns of energy that occur in everyday life.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join