It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:56 AM
link   
The problem may be that you miss the idea of friendship that
you had when you were younger.
The friendships we have as kids is a one-off wonderous thing,
our goals are simple and our wants tend, due to peer-pressure,
to be mutual.

As an adult, we learn to distrust as our only goal... (whether we're
aware of it or not)... is to set up the next generation of yourself.
I know many here will disagree with me, but that's what adulthood
in all other species is about.

So our school-yard chums become people to watch, and the
same goes for their view of you. You trust them, they're still the
guys who you goofed off with down at the river or over near the
bleachers, but they say things about your girl... they don't seem to
understand your fondness for her.
So out you set alone.

Further down the road, when you've ditched her and the idea of a
couple of beers with the guys sounds fun, you ring around.
But those guys have gone, starting families and holding down dead
end jobs... where did all those sunny happy days go?

We walk alone, it's a grown-up thing, I suppose.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 04:58 AM
link   
Im sorry but I really dont care. Man up, stop wallowing in your own self pity and get out there in the world and meet people. Sitting at your desk writing whiney sympathy seeking threads is not going to make you any real friends. I dont mean to be harsh but this is pathetic. Go to join a club, get a hobby, play some sport, just get out and speak to people for heavens sake, its not hard.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Maybe you should get off the internet and go outside...
Or maybe move out of your mom's house...
Definatley get off ATS and get out more...

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 05:54 AM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

I beg to disagree. I see ATS as an awareness forum, touching on all sorts of subjects. And I really don't care about whether the OP is for real, I am very interested in the responses. This is about real life, not about things that may be true or not or a conspiracy or just plain swamp gas.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
Look around you. This is how society is set up these days. Do you really trust anyone? Does anyone really care.

Where do we get our ideas of what a friend is and how he/she should act. We want what we see everyday, that is mostly TV. If you watch any of this you would agree that jersey shore is awful. You want to say " who cares about lindsey lohan?" but most people are obsessed by it. The news is a battle between right wing and left wing. Choose a side. Disagree with one of them and you are a far left or right wingnut(depending on which side you choose). Choose a different, non mainstream party altogether and you are conspiracy whack job.

Family is a big part of the equation. Most families have shrunk. Average female has 2.2 children on a rate of fertility. That makes a lot of people rely on relationships through community gatherings/socail events. Also in the workplace. Its very different from now and say 15 years ago. The change is amazing for such a short time.

Drugs in society is also rampant. oxycotin and the like are everywhere. Every know someone who is addicted to these? Its like looking into a black hole. These people where friends of mine and I would see them waste away. No matter what I tried or did it didn't help.

You have to ask yourself who creates all of this. None of it is created by you or me. The media is a few select people that own the major corporations. Fertility rate could be a number of things, but ultimatly we decide whether or not to reproduce. Drugs are created by major companies and paid for by the goverment.

This will get worse before it gets better.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

O, I understand. He is the MAN.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Chamberf=6

Probably because this is a conspiracy website and not the classroom.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by zara_bow

Yup, vertigo I think they call it.

Not a completely fruitless feeling imo.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by 547000
Prophets usually don't have friends. Quit your day job dude, and you too could have friends.

Prophets are theoretically friends with all mankind as they embody some "aspect" of the populace that bore them.

I'm wondering though, does Bill Gates have any friends? He may work too much.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by AProphet1233]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 06:57 AM
link   
Well I have a bit of a "different" problem. I don't have any friends either and that is because I choose for it to be that way(I am in my early twenties). AS a child I was what you would call an extrovert and as children it was never a problem to make friends.Eventually as I grew older things changed and certain events in my life inevitably transformed me into an introvert....I began to have an inherent distrust towards people and became more and more self-drawn.Even now I feel no compelling urge to talk to anyone...there is no need for me.I believe I am the quintessential loner an interloper.

However I did have friends (a paradox) although these have been few for people would come and talk to me and I did have female friends as well for my visage is not as loathsome as I believe it to be.. I do not keep in touch with them and my social longings apart from physical needs are low..I despise people though and have become what you would call a "misanthrope". Eventually I want to end all that is civilization...

I like to observe people from a distance and draw inferences, not mingle in a crowd...stay inconspicuous, although that is difficult at times.My ex terms me as cold, calculating and deceptive...sure I have people whom I talk to on the way to work or at work, people who call me, strangers who smile but there is no desire for me to associate with them.I have always felt that I am anathema.

I wish it was not like this though and I long to be normal.I long to be carefree and enjoy life(smell the roses, so to say). I am not a bad person though, just that my experiences have shaped me into the individual that I am today.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Leonardo01]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:16 AM
link   
The concept of Friends is a funny one. You can be surrounded by 50 people who all strive for your attention; you can be surrounded by 15 members of the opposite sex that desire you; you can be surrounded by 5 good friends who always want to go out and do things with you; you can be playing darts with your best and only friend. You can be in all these situations and still feel lonely and isolated because it is how you feel within yourself that truly matters.

You are not as Alone as you might think. Plenty of us feel isolated and different; the black sheep of the family; the "different" person in the mall; the one with a metaphysical abnormality that makes us feel detached from reality; lacking enjoyment and fulfilment in our lives; having no direction or motivation to take joy in the same things others do without much thought.

There is an Ultimate Reality awaiting us at some time, at some distance down the track. Soldier on through the obstacles and you will eventually arrive at your destination. You are here for a reason, you have a purpose to fulfil and you have the potential to find peace and happiness not only around you and others, but within yourself as well.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 07:23 AM
link   
.... YES you do they are all around you....

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   
The only person capable of having friends is the person who is capable of being their own friend first.... friendship is a test of your boundaries.... how far will you go to love yourself is how far you will let others go to love you.... open you r mind to the realm of possibility and you will be rewarded with the patience required to be loved

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

Much work is in the process of achieving zero gravity for many reasons. Less gravity on the human body drastically decreases the process of entropy (aging). Below I have inserted just 'one' link on the topic. DARPA knows a thing or two about this topic. I suggest going to their site, find that search box and start researching the topic. Perhaps you may be surprised at what you may find. Personally, I believe that DARPA's habit of buying patents and concealing the data from the public is the wrong way to go. It Is the wrong way. The concept of 'oneness of mind' takes the whole village to get the pieces of 'the' puzzle. When oneness is achieved and All information is 'open source' the human race Will evolve at an exponential rate.....after the 'Storms'. This is in the 'near' future so hang in there my friend.

zero gravity link
MJ13 ~Out Here~

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

However, if you want a friend, you have to be a friend.

Good One.
How true.....it Is.

[edit on 1-9-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Perseus Apex

Thanks for the info -- will ck it out.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   
This is a sad thread, sadder by the number of people who feel they are in the same position

There have been a number of inventiosn that have increase loneliness - Television [quick fix], the motor car [no need to speak to anyone getting from A to B] and now worst of all - the internet where everyone is an actor (people communicate different information than if they were talking to you)

However - I suggest some small positive steps - What fires you? what do you enjoy? Now scout the local papers and internet for similar minded people; hopefully the positive action and taking control will put you in a better mood.

Now the next thing you must do is: Trust other people, that is how friendships are really formed through help and trust. You can talk to a good friend about the bad times as well a the good and that will strengthen your bonds.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:34 PM
link   
So THAT'S how you get flags: self-pity and desperate fishing for attention.

If only I were emo, I'd be a GOLD contributor. But I actually like to contribute threads that I think will be useful to a few people.

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

I am a loser.

if you'll go to the Hell after your life -- you'll be absolutely correct
however, calm down, amigo, your life is no so bad like you want

posted on Sep, 1 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by AProphet1233
I feel as if I am drifting through life as an anonymous specter, without a home and no family and no friends, a disconnected cipher alienated from the currents of reality,

I am a loser.

Can I ask you all a question?

If a lonely loner has a brilliant idea but no one cares what he thinks does he really exist?

My only dream is to someday clean the spills off the floor at a local supermarket. And on my walk home I will wonder what other people are feeling as I pass them in the street, imagining what it would be like if they were my friends.

I am a dreamer.

Cheers to the white nights illuminated by my unreality.

its good to see all the positive comments in this thread......cause AprohpeT just spoke my mind..

www.youtube.com...

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join