It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Don't Have Any Friends...

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Lots of people dont have any real friends. It is just the nature of things. Enjoy your life as it is oras someone else said, hit the back packing trail. Out on the road you will meet lots of people

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   
So as usual the wider ATS community don’t really like what I have to say, but am used to this now. I say it like it is, or rather as i perceive it to be.

This thread is now at 50 flags, all because some dude has wrote a very short thread about how he has no friends. Really what is happening to ATS, did i miss the announcement that we had started up a lonely hearts forum, because this is what this thread is. Sure I feel bad for the guy, but really just pull yourself together.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

s&f for i too feel the way you do, i too have had thoughts of making this a better world, no one too talk about them, you are not alone in this.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by kevinunknown

I agree. The thread wants moving to BTS.

In my experience true friends are a rare comodity.

If you have money in your pocket you won't be short of so called friends. When the money dries up your on your own.

I am lucky to have a wife who really is a true friend, and has supported me through thick and thin for over 34 years.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
friends are illusions, atleast most are, in it for sum other reason or personal gain. one or two will stick with it through periods of time. i would hate tho to be the kid with a thousand friends and only one really kno him. a good thing about not having friends is you stay you, dreaming with no influences to change you or guide off of the path you have chosen

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
I was like you once, not finding my place in the world and feeling all alone and wanting to clean floors and stuff. Man! those were some dark days filled with boredom and tears. You know what changed it all for me? I decided enough was enough and I became dangerous, now! I live my life like I'm in a hollywood blockbuster. I can't take a dump without bullets wizzing past my head and helicopters trying to take me out. Woman love danger money (or any other kind of cash) so now I'm gettin them to do all sorts, I can't lie it gets twisted from time to time depending on how much danger I get into but that's for another time...Don't get mad or even...Get dangerous, I have and I've never looked back.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:06 PM
link   
Well Prophet, after reading your previous thread regarding your experience with a tibetan monk in amsterdam, I have to say, the reason you dont have friends as you state yourself "friends are a farce' therefore if that is your belief of course you will have no friends as that is how you want it, that is how you belive it to be. I have no pitty on those who proclaim self righteousness as a prophet then deny all deities, friends and love, then goes to proclaim they are lonely and a loser. You are what you make it prophet. Isolation creates loneliness.. My advice, you may need help and i don't mean that comment in a mean way but perhaps you should talk to someone who could help you.
cheers.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
As you can probably see by now, you do have friends! I do not know if thats what you are actually looking for in life, but I can tell you that there is not a single piece of true evidence about a conspiracy / photo / alternative topic that could bring me joy in life as much as my friends have (I am very lucky though). Now, we are most likely pretty different people (were both on ATS though :cool
but there is more to life than questions my friend and as we all know there are more questions than answers. If being lonely is what is bothering you then maybe look at your life and see what you can do for YOURSELF to make you happy, no-one else! Either way keep on truckin', hope this helps.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
There are a number of suggestions and platitudes that I could share....

But what is the point?

You have reached out. You have taken the first step in communicating with a world outside yourself.

Herein lies pages and pages of people who can relate and wish you no ill.

Take solace in that.

It may seem there is no place for people who yearn for true human contact in a world where it is seen as something to be feared, and otherwise evaluated to be a risk.

But on that point I disagree.

You sound like a human being... and there appears to be damn few of us left. Oddly, many have found a place here at ATS.

Be well.

Resolve yourself to be a witness of reality.

One day what you have learned, and have yet to learn, will feed the souls of others who hunger as you do. No one better to teach than one who knows.

Beware of pride, she is the mother of all grief.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Tykonos

Thank you, Tykonos

You are right! When a person in need has someone come to help, then that is a caring friend.

I believe that, for reasons of sharing and having like interests or pleasant debates, we cannot have too many best friends, as it strikes me as impossible to devote the necessary time to 35 best friends.

Have one or two and the rest are good acquaintances.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
reply to post by etcorngods

I don't believe in 'organized' religion for it is just that.....'organized' for No Good Reason. One can have a personal relationship with a/the Creator without needing a human being to Dictate to them what they are to believe. This 'should' be common sense of which seems to be lacking these days, no?

This reminds me of the movie 'Carrie', when her mother exclaims "They are all going to laugh at you". Maybe that's just me? If so, so Be it but 'you' know whether U choose to acknowledge it or not. This, my friends, is another matter in and Of itself.

The multiplicity of 'churches' and religions was/is just another divide and conquer scheme and apparently the 'most' effective to date. How many wars can You think of that were based on false pretenses?

On the other hand, the better One, Church serves as an important function in that it serves as a necessary social outlet for One within one's community.

People need people, by their Design.
You are a social being, are you not?

The/A creator works in mysterious though quite creative ways.
This should be obvious to one who is paying attention.
I witness this every day.

Syncronous Serendipity.
~Out Here~

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
i have social anxiety and have no friends either. because of the anxiety i cant interact with people. thank god for the internet

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Hey maybe you smell.
Got deodorant?
lol

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Hey at least you have the internet.

Not like your totally disconnected like what's his name with his volleyball... (lifeline?)

Anyways as you can tell you've had an overwhelming amount of support from the ATS community, Just showing your not alone.

I hope you can continue contributing.

Have a good day.
M

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:05 PM
link   
From my own personal experiences being a self proclaimed 'looser' for half my self, I came to this realization and it seemed to work for me at least. "You can choose whoever you want to be". Its really that simple. I was 20 years old, I never smoked, never drank, never went to bars and never did much of anything but play video games. After I came to this realization I started to [snip], drink, go to bars, talk to girls, go to concerts and generally have fun living.

My advice is to let loose a little bit. [snip].

[MOD EDIT - T&C violation]

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by bigyin

If this moves to BTS, much of this data will be lost since many members are not signed up with BTS. Know what I mean.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
I felt the same way yesterday. I called some people and we all got drunk. Being drunk, I made many more friends. Alcohol is good for you, well, at times.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   
reply to post by AProphet1233

Many of us could have written this post brother and that should say something to you. Many of us are disconnected to this reality. IMHO this is due to a LONGING to return from whence we came and reunite with the ONE who created all of us.

You, the real you, is Spirit of Divine origin. You have your rightful place in the Universe, you would not have been created otherwise. The fact you wonder how other people feel shows a love and compassion for your fellows and that is the Spirit of the Divine. You are eternal, Divinely created and indestructable.

Many of us are also being "stripped" down, losing or refuting much of the materialistic, consumption driven matrix we are in. I believe this is to regain perspective on what is real and what is illusion. Take heart please. You are not a "loser", you are in pain. THere is a difference. Maybe voluntering, at a soup kitchen, or an elderly rest home, would allow you to reach outside of yourself and find love in the service of those less fortunate. THis way you are projecting your love asnd compassion for others in the physical world, you are manifesting your truness so to speak.

You are not and never will be alone.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
This, friends, is a beautiful example of the ATS community.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Funkydung

Originally posted by Funkydung
i have social anxiety and have no friends either. because of the anxiety i cant interact with people. thank god for the internet

Erm, I guess that was a joke right? Or what you think you are doing right now, if not "interacting" with people?

If it wasn't a joke, then it was a poor choice of words.

-v

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join