It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Black Liberation Theology is dangerous

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:50 PM
link   
I say this as a black man and I'm surprised that more questions were not put to Obama about this. This is the teaching he learned from Rev. Wright and he still follows today.

The reason I say it's dangerous is because it talks about something they call "Collective Salvation."

Anyone who has experienced Salvation through baptism or something else knows it's a powerful and personal thing. Black Liberation Theology takes something powerful and personal as Salvation and mixes it with Political ideology.

This is a dangerous mix and I'm surprised these liberals and ACLU types didn't scream about separation of Church and State. They scream everytime a teacher mentions Jesus in a school but I guess it's okay when our President says he wants to save us via his political ideology.

Obama said his individual Salvation depends on Collective Salvation for the Country.

www.youtube.com...

Now imagine if Bush would have talked about Collective Salvation. The Liberals would be up in arms.

Obama wants to deliver America from what he sees as evil through social justice. This is why he wants to change and transform America.

He said the Constitution was fundamentally flawed because it restrains Government and didn't talk about the redistribution of wealth.

This is why I'm telling everyone I know to vote Republican in November even if you have to hold your nose.

I'm a Conservative but I don't like Republican Politicians. Both parties waste and spend on their ideology when they get power in Washington.

The thing that saved Clinton was a Republican Congress. This meant Clinton had to triangulate and Govern from the middle. Hopefully this can happen with Obama with a Republican Congress because I don't think we can handle 2 more years of Obama, Pelosi and Reid.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
Seems as though some(black people)only get what is offered on MSM(BET,MTV)or stupid shows that air on those shows..or just maybe if usher sang a song and lil wayne rapped about it,then it would go viral

Lemmings lead to the cliff

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
I think we need a RAINBOW Revolution.

I'm tired of GROUPS saying, we're number one! We were here first! Bla Bla Bla..
It's not a physical thing, none of our blood is pure, and even if it was, how can that ever explain the spiritual?

Let them eat their cake, Elitists time is almost through.
Soon, the joy of Illumination will Shine True.

I can't wait for everyone to forget about HUE.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Matrix Rising
I say this as a black man and I'm surprised that more questions were not put to Obama about this. This is the teaching he learned from Rev. Wright and he still follows today.

Because people in this "free " country are not permitted to question him. Anyone who does is called either a racist, kook or teabgger.
This is due to two things, the media and black so called leaders.
After all he is so transparent right? Just not when it is anything he has done or has control over.
Anyhow a star and flag for being brave and honest.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
A lot of people didn't vote for Obama because of what he can bring to the table or his political ideals, rather they voted for him just because he is black. Furthermore, a lot of people were careful not to critisize certain aspects of Obamination, as they don't want to be labeled racist, which is often worse than being a labled a a child molestor.

I'm obviously not a fan or Obama, though I see the neo-cons who currently run the Republican party as equally dangerous, if not more so. Really, to me, the two parties are only different sides of the same coin. They are only in opposition to each other on relatively unimportant issues, while the issues that should and do matter, they both agree on. These issues and matters that they agree on, are ususally against the peoples' interest. So, in effect, we are basically without anykind of political opposition.

If you are conservative, I suggest you look into the libertarian movement, as the Republican party has lost it's conservative roots and no longer even resembles conservatism. By voting for either the Republicans or Democrats, you are only helping both of them, regardless which party you vote for.

A lot of people like to think that they have to vote for one or the other and they often say that it is a wasted vote, if you cast that vote for a 3rd party. However, this notion is not correct. A vote for the lesser of two evils is still a vote for evil. Unless we overwhelmingly show our distaste for this current trap of the two-party political system, we are only going to continue on this endless loop that lacks opposition.

Even if you vote for a 3rd party candidate and that candidate doesn't win, it sends a strong message that people are on to their corruption. It really does help to vote for 3rd party candidates, even if they have no chance at winning.

It will do us no good to keep trading Dems for Repubs, then back to Dems again and this is what's going to keep happening because people feel like their vote will be wasted if not. That is the most silly think I have heard about this whole two-party system. Lets do whatever we can to ensure the safety of an opposition and let me tell you, the Dems are not an opposition party to the Repubs and vice versa. They both have the same interests and unfortunately, those interests do not include your interests, rather they are at the cost of your interests.

--airspoon

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by airspoon

A lot of people didn't vote for Obama because of what he can bring to the table or his political ideals, rather they voted for him just because he is black

And now there are in the"yes we can coma"

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:47 PM
link   
Is there a difference between 'Liberation Theology' and 'Black Liberation Theology'?

I'm not being facetious, I seriously don't know. Until Rev. Wright and Pres. Obama, I hadn't heard it called 'Black Liberation Theology'.

Eric

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by EricD
Is there a difference between 'Liberation Theology' and 'Black Liberation Theology'?

I'm not being facetious, I seriously don't know. Until Rev. Wright and Pres. Obama, I hadn't heard it called 'Black Liberation Theology'.

Eric

I assume the only difference is the main proponents of the "Liberation Theology" are black? Sounds to me like another "fear-mongering" trigger word used to scare us all into voting differently..... #$#$ Politics

new topics

top topics

join