It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

North Korea punished by US over sinking of warship

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

Star for you.

Very revealing. Thanks.

"“I do understand,” he said, “that a person has the right to think freely, however, there are some parts I cannot understand. 46 South Korean soldiers have died, and they need to find the cause and punish those who are responsible, yet people seem only to be interested in doubting the government. This is a simple case that even the helmsman of North Korean submarine can understand, so why can’t general citizens understand this? I believe it is due to an excess of sympathy for North Korea in South Korean society.”

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by texastig

This guy has reasons to lie. I find defectors very hard to believe. DailyNK also has reasons to be biased. I would like to know how North Korea got a German torpedo, how it got so rusty, so quickly, and how the magic marker "1" stayed so perfect after smashing into a ship.

The critics, mostly but not all from the opposition, say it is unlikely that the impoverished North Korean regime could have pulled off a perfectly executed hit against a superior military power, sneaking a submarine into the area and slipping away without detection. They also wonder whether the evidence of a torpedo attack was misinterpreted, or even fabricated.

"I couldn't find the slightest sign of an explosion," said Shin Sang-chul, a former shipbuilding executive-turned-investigative journalist. "The sailors drowned to death. Their bodies were clean. We didn't even find dead fish in the sea."

articles.latimes.com...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
If we keep applying the pressure, the North Korean regime will fold, and I think that their unprovoked attack on the Cheonan has hastened the end of this Stalinist dinosaur.

I hope the starving North Korean people get to taste some freedom in the very near future, their evil rulers need to be purged into the history books.

new topics

<< 1   >>

join