It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Two on United Flight Arrested on Terror Charges in Amsterdam

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Thanks for reporting Asala, strange and fishy stuff indeed!

Another strange thing is that just about a week before I'm going to fly somewhere Internationally - stuff like this or similar has happened 1 week before I'm flying.

This is the 4th time in a couple of years now! usually it turns out to be nothing serious and more or less false alarm, thankfully! - but it's quite crazy & strange anyway!

Love your new Lita Ford avatar btw!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:52 PM
link   
shouldnt they have kept this on the down low "the arrest" to try an catch the rest if this was indeed a dry run? you know like let them through and not show your hand I dont know that seems kinda dangerous thing to do but they may never catch the big fish until its to late imo should have let them go and set up Surveillance

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Hmm... Interesting story OP.

Thanks for posting.

I will let you know if I hear of anything in town tomorrow.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:06 PM
link   
I'm suspect that the $7,000 in cash was probably meant as a donation for the NYC Mosque...yup, that's my theory and I'm stickin to it!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:14 PM
link   
Latest so far:

Terror suspects arrested aboard United flight at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport, credibility uncertain

wireupdate.com...

Two terror suspects were arrested aboard a United Airlines aircraft at Amsterdam Schiphol Airport in the Netherlands on Monday morning, officials said on early Tuesday morning, but the credibility of the alleged threat appeared to be uncertain.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
reply to post by paradiselost333

I had thought of that as well. That is one of the reasons that I think this may have been orchestrated to "remind" us that we are supposed to be afraid of olive skinned people. (see there is a conspiracy theorist in me..
)

[edit on 8-30-2010 by rogerstigers]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Now there is this from
news.xinhuanet.com...
"The U.S. authorities informed the Dutch military police only after they found that their baggage will be transferred to Dubai. But no more detailed information was released."
Why would these peace loving muslims be going to Dubai with all these goodies? I have to agree with the dry run theory.
Now, we will have to see what spin the obamanation or Nutpalatono puts on this. SNF

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
reply to post by bowlbyville

So why was he taking the money out of the US, instead of in?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by InvisibleAlbatross

was payment from his CIA handlers that sold him out..maybe taking it to his family before the mission

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Maybe they were just developers who were looking
for a new location for a community center.

It will be on private land of course!
And they would have had the support of the mayor,
and everyone else all the way to the White House.

OK, so they didn't clear the land of existing buildings just yet,
but that's not because they weren't trying.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by tungus]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:00 PM
link   
Wow, suddenly this becomes a hate on the muslims thread? Sometimes the membership here really nauseates me.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   
Any chance these guys were the ones arrested?

Anyways, who would bomb Amsterdam? Amsterdam is the bomb!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:08 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

I just read this story on 'skynews' website... very strange to let them fly IMO... a dry run!

Either Security are still being analysed to see if they can spot a terrorist or the FBI wanted to see if these guys were actually planning something or not...

Who else would be able to board a flight with all that stuff? I'm pretty sure i wouldn't be able to...

Anyway it just goes to show that with all this security in place people can still get through...

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:22 AM
link   
reply to post by asala

Sounds like a load of whoeee to me. If the powers that be actually really suspected them of being who they say they are then there's really (to me) only two explanation's for letting them on the plane -
1 - they new they weren't terrorists, which means that maybe they have been set up to remind everyone of the "WAR ON TERROR"
2 - They are terrorists and they were hopping to catch more of them, but that wouldn't work since they nabbed them before leaving the airport.

but if they are for real nasty lads then it is dam irresponsible at the lest to have let them on the plane

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
it would be interesting to see if either
of these men's background included
flight training. But since they seem to
be suppressing info on these 2, we may
never find that out.

I also wonder what country they were from???
Going to Dubai doesn't mean they hail from there.

And as someone pointed out, how do we know
these guys were even Muslim? I don't remember
reading that in any of the info posted.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:25 AM
link   
Remember this could be completely innocent. All the items are not restricted and no explosives were found. The luggage was in the hold so they could not have access to it.
When I travel, I always have another phone, my Swiss army knife and a spare lighter.
Granted, I only have one of each and I don't tape them together. Again it could be innocent but its not looking that way. We shouldn't be manipulated by initial media reports.
BBC are showing the live Dutch police report soon.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
WHY is this leaked to MSM ?

WHY?

If they are indeed 'terrorists' then its obvious a government will keep this silent as long as the investigation continues to catch more or get more details from them.
You dont want to stop henchmen!

What is the motivation to make this big news?

Why so soon ?

This doesnt sound right, it looks like scaremongering.. if it was a safety fault you bet they want to keep it silent!

Its deliberatly put in the MSM.. watch the next weeks, not on this but on other 'catches' or developments.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:42 AM
link   
I wish you jokers would read the story instead of instantly assuming it was a CIA sponsored false flag exercise. The fake explosives were only discovered AFTER they checked bags and then switched flights - thus raising suspicion about their strange behavior.

If they ever figure out that there are easier ways of causing mass mayhem we're really in trouble.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Most terroristic attacks are done by Black Operation Directorates. Sure they may use Arabic, middle eastern folks but the assignments are given by CIA, MI6, MOSSAD, ISI, NSI, ASIO, NSS, Obavještajno Sigurnosna Agencija,CSIS, Al-Mukhabarat al-'Ammah, Shin Bet, Aman, Militaire Inlichtingen- en Veiligheidsdienst, Al Mukhabarat Al A'amah, Holovne Upravlinnya Rozvidky, Département du Renseignement et de la Sécurité,,,,, and probably agencies we have never heard of.

en.wikipedia.org...

Black operations may include such things as assassination, sabotage, extortion, spying on allied countries or one's own citizens, kidnapping, supporting resistance movements, torture, use of fraud to obtain funds, use of child soldiers, human experimentation, trafficking in contraband items, false flag bombing, etc.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Good thing they detained these guys.

My thinking is that the $7,000 was going to be used to buy the explosive material after they knew what they could get through security and if it went different we would be hearing about a flight from Amsterdam to "?" exploding mid-air.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join