It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Government Think Tank Calls For Infiltrating Conspiracy Websites!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   

www.propagandamatrix.com

Furious that state involvement in major terror attacks is being exposed to a wider audience than ever before via the Internet, a UK think tank closely affiliated with the Downing Street has called for authorities to infiltrate conspiracy websites in an effort to "increase trust in the government".

"A Demos report published today, The Power of Unreason, argues that secrecy surrounding the investigation of events such as the 9/11 New York attacks and the 7/7 bombings in London merely adds weight to unsubstantiated claims that they were "inside jobs," reports the London Independent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.prisonplanet.com

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Uh Oh!

I think this has probably already happened to some extent, but it looks like they will be ramping up efforts if the article is to be believed. As if we weren't paranoid enough already!

My thoughts on the matter? I will continue to post whatever I want, ridicule the ridiculous, and question everything, and I believe I'm not the only one.

Anyway the article is worth a read, and as always I suggest a pinch of salt to be taken before, and after reading!

They will have to get up very early in the morning to fool the majority of the members on this site. How exactly do they intend to steer and influence a group of people who by their very nature go against the majority? I wonder...

www.propagandamatrix.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
If these two sources are a little too out there for you, how about the Independent?

www.independent.co.uk...

But it is not mainly up to governments to confound conspiracy theories such as the 9/11 "truth" movement and the Protocols of the Elders of Zion, a hateful anti-Semitic fairytale peddled by many al-Qa'ida sympathisers. Demos suggests that the Government should "openly infiltrate" websites, "flagging dubious evidence and disputing theories [to] encourage people to question and doubt false information online", but it accepts that "there is a limit to what the Government can do". That is an understatement, given the typical psychology of conspiracy theorists, which includes a deep mistrust of the institutions of authority.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Big Raging Loner

It won't mean a thing. You cannot legislate love or trust. It is something that must be learned and earned. Beyond that, how does one 'infiltrate' a loose collective that is open to anyone?

If anything, the governments of the world who think like this, are beginning to show the same paranoia as those they wish to undermine.

We are such a turdy species.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redoubt

I have to say the idea if true, is comepletely ludicrous for the simple fact that this is a public website as you say, there is no need for infiltration! Anyone can join...

Tomorrow I might just infiltrate KFC and get me some chicken!

+12 more 
posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   
If they are coming out saying that they are "thinking" about it...

They've already done it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

So true. Wouldn't be surprised if a few turn up on this thread.

Either that or the usual ATS wind-up merchants will start acting like they are!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
I don't think they are coming out there. I think all this disinfo stuff is a rouse to keep conspiracy people questioning honest people and trying to find out who's a disinfo agent. Why would they pay people to do it when paranoid people already question everyone. I got called a disinfo agent for supporting RCMP, because I work with them. If anyone disagrees with you or brings up any information that refutes your belief you get called a disinfo agent.

For the record I'm not and it just proves my point.

The paranoid have created them, why not ignore finding disinfo agents and work on the actual conspiracy?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   
Guvment think tank? Kinda OX EYE MORONIC ain't it? (Sorry reading one of Cormac McCarthy's appalachian epics) PEACE, LOVE & CHICKEN GREASE!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Xiamara

The paranoid have created them, why not ignore finding disinfo agents and work on the actual conspiracy?

Oh... I don't know, this sounds like something a disinfo agent would say!

You are right though, it's part of that self policing that is being pushed forward in all elements of society. Get people paranoid about their neighbours and watch them dob each other in to the authorities. Worked a treat in the Communist USSR for all those years.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:06 PM
link   
This has been covered pretty well, thought I would include some links from other members.

Vinveezy-Obama Czar Wants Mandatory Government Propaganda On Political Websites

Protoplasmic Traveller-Obama staffer wants 'cognitive infiltration' of 9/11 conspiracy groups

tothetenthpower-Canadian Government Hires Private Firm To Monitor Social Networks; Correct Misinformation

ATS information account-ATS News 10 - Obama Administration Staffer Wants To Stop Conspiracy Theorists!

prionace glauca-Kagan: Speech is free if government decides it has more value than 'societal costs -UPDATED'

Just a few of the threads on this topic. Lots of information to pour over this issue.

Where do you think a major portion went of the stimulus funds?

The expansion of the intelligence bureaucracy was NOT mainly about foreign prosecution of intelligence assets. Heck, google military blogging and posting.

Anyway, can never cover THIS too much.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

Thanks for the reply and info!

Anyway, can never cover THIS too much.

This was my thinking, if only for comic value! I think it is just interesting that conspiracy theory has recently been getting some news coverage in the ole MSM.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:12 PM
link   

I'm thinking I should of went with a more sensationalist title for this thread....it is not getting the attention that this paper deserves

Infobores has picked up on this story...so expect more threads about it with infobores links, shame people will only take notice once there "leader" picks up on it

Existing Thread

I'm ready for the backlash

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

Thanks Pockets reading your thread at the minute!

Starred and Flagged my friend!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I flagged this one as well, people need to read this report

The parts that most worried me are.....

extreme groups may be able to draw on a larger counterculture of conspiracism as a pool of possible recruits.

‘seek the truth, even if it is harmful.’ The reality for many of the theorists themselves is that they are not neutral truth seekers, but are trying to father these theories and their personal careers are staked on it.

Opportunities for direct government confrontation For obvious reasons it is extremely difficult for the government to infiltrate effectively closed networks of disinformation. However, open infiltration is possible in some limited instances. Recommendation: Introduce some limited, open infiltration of Internet and physical sites by government to introduce alternative information. Government agents or their allies should openly infiltrate the Internet sites or spaces to plant doubts about conspiracy theories, introducing alternative information.

It calls for "open infiltration of Internet and physical sites by government to introduce alternative information." They will not do it openly

Originally posted by pryingopen3rdeye
did you notice that on the link you provided, demos.co.uk their logo of DEMOS uses an EYE for the O. could this be coincedence, pffft.

Seems like this guy is worried about an eye image

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Pockets]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Pockets

My favourite part;

closed networks of disinformation

Isn't that the MSM?

Would an article by you or I be published on a mainstream news site? Nope.

Can anyone publish material on this site as long as they don't plagiarize or use obscenities? Yep.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   

Exactly I think rather than looking at the people and these articles about the government infiltration to be looking at whats going on in the world around us. With the Oil Conspiracies, UFOs, terrorism and wars. Our world is becoming paranoid and fearful of everything. People are scared that their neighbors are building bombs, or that the guy next to you is going to hijack the plane. Our government is feeding us fear and we are gorging our selves on it.

We listen to fundamentalists preaching the the middle east is pure evil. They all want to kill us, that Obama is the new antichrist and is Hitler.

Everyone preaches about the Sheelpe maybe the sheeple are those falling for the conspiracy that we are being watched by big brother they are infiltrating us.

Those are just my thoughts. If I were the government that's what I would do. Let the people destroy themselves, and use the man power you have amassed to take over the remaining. Its easier, cost efficient and you can't ever be blamed.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   

Wow Think Tank eh???

Some-one should tell them your planet has already been invaded!

We call them Trolls and Shills.

Unless the Government has perfected a Troll/Shill cloaking device i think we've got that pretty much covered.

Can't wait to see who's officially a Troll/Shill!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cosmic4life

Wow Think Tank eh???

Some-one should tell them your planet has already been invaded!

We call them Trolls and Shills.

Unless the Government has perfected a Troll/Shill cloaking device i think we've got that pretty much covered.

Can't wait to see who's officially a Troll/Shill!

Stars for you.

You only need to go into a zionist/israelli thread here on ATS and they are are in there jumping around.
Mossad must pay them commissions by the word-count.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
The Independent???
Indeed, the OP has something of importance here. A very interesting article. So, who now owns The Independant? or most of it or what? Alexander Lebedev seems to be he, possible ex-KGB,

en.wikipedia.org...

Now who better than to bend facts, or better still, just make a different story up, or just don't tell a story, all for your persuasion. What this article in particular is about, is to scare your pants off. The government line is probably already in place, the media line is exactly the same and was most likely online long before.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join