It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "True" facts about the ground zero Mosque

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss

2. it was a vitory to them because they killed americans. Remember watching those videos of people in the middle east dancing in the streets

While a few groups overseas showed disrespect after the attacks, the American Muslim response was much different:

Source

In a Joint Statement by American Muslim Alliance, American Muslim Council, Association of Muslim Scientists and Engineers, Association of Muslim Social Scientists, Council on American-Islamic Relations, Islamic Medical Association of North America, Islamic Circle of North America, Islamic Society of North America, Ministry of Imam W. Deen Mohammed, Muslim American Society and Muslim Public Affairs Council, stated:

American Muslims utterly condemn the vicious and cowardly acts of terrorism against innocent civilians. We join with all Americans in calling for the swift apprehension and punishment of the perpetrators. No political cause could ever be assisted by such immoral acts.

It really is sad that some seek to punish ALL Muslims for those atrocious acts, especially when the people you seek to punish are people that opposed such actions.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred
reply to post by camaro68ss

It's called the Masjid Manhattan and is located on 20 Warren Street, only four blocks from ground zero. Not to mention that Muslims already worship inside the Pentagon. Not a few blocks away, inside.

The events of 9/11 are in no way a Muslim victory. The majority of Muslim's did not cause, or support, what happened on 9/11. Islam is against violence.

You ignored my other question, why should innocent Muslim's be held accountable for crimes they didn't commit simply because they share a religion with those who did commit the crime?

Innocent muslims. I always have a hard time with innocent muslims when there Prophet Mohammad is always depicted with a sword and sabor. This religion is based conquering people and converting by force. My opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

Not to mention that Muslims already worship inside the Pentagon. Not a few blocks away, inside.

The chapel was also built AFTER 9/11 and...

Not only do they worship inside the Pentagon, but the chapel was built in the same area that was damaged by the attack (MUCH closer than the current "mosque" to Ground Zero. In fact, it is at the same exact spot):

Politifact

The chapel was built during the reconstruction of heavily damaged portions of the Pentagon, where 125 employees died, in addition to the 66 passengers on board the flight.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Again you avoid answering the question. How can these innocent (and if they aren't innocent prove to me what they've done wrong) Muslims be held accountable for a crime they didn't commit? You sound like you're a Christian to me, should I hold you responsible for the Spanish inquisition? Should I hold you responsible for the holocaust?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by americandingbat

As you say, it is a matter of opinion whether it is right to build the Park51 community center. Your thread title asserts that you will present "facts", but your OP and other posts are rather thin on actual facts and heavy on opinion.

You're welcome to your opinion, and to state that opinion. But if you try to call it a fact you can expect people to question what makes it so.

As for the unions, do you have a link to a union official actually going on record to say they won't build it?
doing a fast search this is what i found. on a right leaning website. if you looked harder i bet you could find more articals www.redstate.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:52 PM
link   

Again you avoid answering the question. How can these innocent (and if they aren't innocent prove to me what they've done wrong) Muslims be held accountable for a crime they didn't commit? You sound like you're a Christian to me, should I hold you responsible for the Spanish inquisition? Should I hold you responsible for the holocaust?

Im not quite sure why i would be held responsible for the holocaust and i thought i awnsered you question with the whole bit about what i thought about that religion. they are not being held for a crime they did not commit. with that said people dont want a mosque there. just like under FDR all japanese americans were rounded up and put in camps on the california coast. did they do anything wrong? no.

There religion is that of conquering and america does not want that site there.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:54 PM
link   

Thanks for the link; that's pretty much the kind of thing I've found in searches also. Nothing official, just that some of the union workers aren't happy with the idea, would refuse to work on it themselves, and hope everyone else will too.

The one person I've seen on camera claiming to speak as a union official said that if the project goes through the unions will make sure that it is built to standards.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

So you speak for all of America now do you?

Yes they are being held accountable for the crimes they didn't commit. They are being denied the right to build a place of worship because they share a religion with a small group of terrorists.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

So you speak for all of America now do you?

Yes they are being held accountable for the crimes they didn't commit. They are being denied the right to build a place of worship because they share a religion with a small group of terrorists.

yes i would have to say im speaking for 70% of america as it said in the latest poll. give or take some points. I just dont understand you defending a religion that inslaves its woman and preaches death to non belivers. I really dont belive in a peaceful muslim. Its contradicting, My opinion

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:04 PM
link   

If you follow the source link in the article you linked to, you will see that it is union members that are refusing, some are on the fence, and others see no problem with it. As of yet, there is no official response from the union as a whole saying no contractor belonging to the union will work on it.

It an exact microcosm of how the country is handling this issue. Some are against, some on the fence, some see no problem with it, but the city of New York approved it and the government can't stop it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:15 PM
link   
There is an already existing thread on this issue here.

Please contribute any further questions and/or comments to the above linked thread.

Thank you.

Thread Closed.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join