It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "True" facts about the ground zero Mosque

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

You dont happen to temp at Fox News do you?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

So "they" can't build a place of worship near another similar place of worship inside of some area where a tragedy happened. Even though there is no law or rule against it - it just might be in "bad taste".

But it's perfectly fine for us to spread our military bases and our own places of worship all over the Muslim world - no problem there, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Johnze

You dont happen to temp at Fox News do you?

I bearly watch TV and i have my own ideas and thoughts. you dont happen to be brain washed by the MSM would you?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:03 PM
link   

Being deaf shouldn't have any affect on your ability to spell. You must not read very much.

What made me laugh the most the was how stupid your OP was. 9/11 wasn't a "victory" for Muslims. Also, who are you to decide what's "right" and not. Just because a group of people in NYC happens to share a religion with a group of extremists? I'm a male, does that mean I should be held responsible for the holocaust and Hitler's crimes?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by tallcool1

So "they" can't build a place of worship near another similar place of worship inside of some area where a tragedy happened. Even though there is no law or rule against it - it just might be in "bad taste".

But it's perfectly fine for us to spread our military bases and our own places of worship all over the Muslim world - no problem there, right?

I dont know any locations where we have military bases 2 blocks from a place of worship. can you please give me locations and examples?

Thanks

link   

First, I NEVER said anything about your spelling. I am sure you did not mean to attribute this to me, but you did.

Second, you did not address anything I pointed out in my post. Did you even read it? I said the catholic churches did the same exact thing. What Muslims did really has no bearing on this issue because the mosque is not tearing down any other religion's house of worship to erect their own. It was a Burlington Coat factory before.

I will restate my previous post:

The argument that Muslims are notorious for building mosque's on conquered land comes from the choice of name Cordoba House referring to Cordoba, Spain which Muslims conquered and the city became a center for cultural diversity, art, enlightenment, where Muslims and Christians coexisted peaceful and worked side by side.

The choice of the name focuses on the state of the city after the conquest and NOT the conquest itself.

link   

Plus, you never answered my question. You do realize there's already a mosque near ground zero right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

lol, you loose, sorry, though, cool story bro

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nosred

Being deaf shouldn't have any affect on your ability to spell. You must not read very much.

What made me laugh the most the was how stupid your OP was. 9/11 wasn't a "victory" for Muslims. Also, who are you to decide what's "right" and not. Just because a group of people in NYC happens to share a religion with a group of extremists? I'm a male, does that mean I should be held responsible for the holocaust and Hitler's crimes?

How do you learn to read and spell? By pronouncing words…. I missed that stage. Could not hear. That’s all I knew in the world. I learned to spell and read by what words look like. Set me back. Please stop trying to prove I’m stupid in anyway because of my spelling. Your trying to belittle me

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

Do you have anything intelligent to contribute to the conversation? If not you should leave and stop trying to belittle me. I’m not making fun of you in any way I demand the same respect.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Your the one focusing on the spelling. You're arguing over that instead of the real issue.

First, you do realize there's already a mosque near ground zero right?

Second, why should innocent people be held accountable for crimes they did not commit, simply for sharing a religion with ones who did commit those crimes?

Third, how was 9/11 a victory for the Muslim world?

Now if you'll just answer these questions instead of arguing over spelling....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

I understand what you saying and no that spelling thing was not to you it was in general.

the point is this place in spain was taken over in the name of islam. same as what happend in the Crusades and holy wars. both sides took down holy sites and re built there own.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Its all very well demanding respect, doesnt actualy mean to say your going to get it, maybe if you would at least give us all the common courtesy of creating constructive, well throught out threads before you post you could maybe get a little respect. To be honest your entire thread is ignorant in the extreme, you offer little in the way to counter what anyone else has contributed, just assinine remarks and personal opinion without any real validation.

You will see i was infact the first responder to your original post, i made two points, which you chose to ignore. You stated that it is not right to build a mosque at ground zero. I told you this was not a fact, please could you explain to me how that is any way a factual piece of information bearing in mind this what the word fact means.

Pronunciation:/fakt/
noun

a thing that is known or proved to be true:the most commonly known fact about hedgehogs is that they have fleas [mass noun] :a body of fact
(facts) information used as evidence or as part of a report or news article
(the fact that) used to refer to a particular situation under discussion:despite the fact that I'm so tired, sleep is elusive
[mass noun] chiefly Lawthe truth about events as opposed to interpretation:there was a question of fact as to whether they had received the letter

Now untill you are willing to explain to me how what you said was indeed a fact and generaly improve upon the standard of your contributions, put quite simply your threads will get exactly what they deserve, zero respect. Sorry if this hurts your feelings.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

1. no i did not know that. where is it located and on what street.

2. it was a vitory to them because they killed americans. Remember watching those videos of people in the middle east dancing in the streets

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

But nothing but a Burlington Coat factory was "taken down" and a cultural center with a mosque was "built" in its place. I guess it is a choice of focusing on Cordoba being conquered by Muslims or on Cordoba being the largest city in the area with Muslim, Christians, and Jews living side by side and thriving in a sophisticated society at the time. You obviously choose the former. I obviously choose the latter. There's not much to discuss beyond that.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

so i must prove its a fact that its not the right thing to do? its a matter of opinion. I cant prove facts that its not the right thing to do. by my opinion and all the local union brothers that soposed to build this building its not the right thing to do. So im really not worryed about it. The local unions have already pledged to stand shoulder to shoulder and not build this building

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   

As you say, it is a matter of opinion whether it is right to build the Park51 community center. Your thread title asserts that you will present "facts", but your OP and other posts are rather thin on actual facts and heavy on opinion.

You're welcome to your opinion, and to state that opinion. But if you try to call it a fact you can expect people to question what makes it so.

As for the unions, do you have a link to a union official actually going on record to say they won't build it?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   

You presented your opinion as a fact, ergo the title of your thread in which the OP includes a numbered list of fact, the last being that it is not the right thing to do

Why did you start this thread? I already created one addressing these exact issues hours before and I believe you intentionally created this one instead of posting in mine. Why?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:32 PM
link   

It's called the Masjid Manhattan and is located on 20 Warren Street, only four blocks from ground zero. Not to mention that Muslims already worship inside the Pentagon. Not a few blocks away, inside.

The events of 9/11 are in no way a Muslim victory. The majority of Muslim's did not cause, or support, what happened on 9/11. Islam is against violence.

You ignored my other question, why should innocent Muslim's be held accountable for crimes they didn't commit simply because they share a religion with those who did commit the crime?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
-- I misread the post... nevermind.

[edit on 8-30-2010 by rogerstigers]

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join