It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "True" facts about the ground zero Mosque

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
1. Ground Zero Consists of a several block perimeter around the twin tower property. During the cleanup it was not un common to find body parts several blocks away from the twin towers property. A perimeter of 6-8 blocks around the twin tower property is considered ground zero do to the amount of dead found in this area. The new Muslim "comunity center" is within Ground Zero.

Source: testimony from firefighters on sight

2. The "Comunity Center" will have a mosque in it. yes its a recreational center but on one floor it will have a mosque.

3. The muslim culture is based heavily on symbolism. When a Muslim army concord a people or won a major battle it was custom to build a mosque on the site of victory. 9/11 Represents a victory to the muslim world. to build a mosque on this hollow ground will represent and seal there victory.

4 they have the right to build on this property but its not the right thing to do. if they want to show the american people that muslims are "peaceful" they should drop all ideas of building on this site.

They have the right under the constitution but its not the right thing to do!

[edit on 30-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by camaro68ss]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by camaro68ss

How many "THE TRUE FACTS ABOUT MAINSTREAM MEDIA NON ISSUE" threads are we at now?

its not the right thing to do

Oh yes and thats not actualy a fact, so, you know.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Johnze]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
The Constitution guarentees freedom of religion. They can build their Mosque if they want. If people don't like it they are free to move to a country that suits them better.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:30 PM
link   
There should be no religious structure whatsoever in or around the area of ground zero, islam, christian, or otherwise...fanatical religion is a killer and the killers should not be given land.

Stop using a couple felled buildings as a golden calf to worship..it was just a building, it wasn't even american focus, it was the world trade center, and unless the world shrunk lately, then America is only one of many many nations to suffer that day.

I do not like islam, but I am not fond of christianity either...and dont get me started on judism...its all a bunch of nonsense catering to the most braindead of society in my personal opinion, might as well talk about shrines to the tooth fairy...so if your going to allow one tooth fairy shrine in the area, I personally see little difference in which flavor it is..they are ALL nonsense violent provokers of mankind that kills personal growth.

Once the elections are over, all this talk will go away magically...this is simply a distraction for the most mentally numb people in society to feel something about so politicians can come on as either for logic or for feeling good...mostly because neither side wants to talk about the real issues...

Election years suck...you get such nonsense on the plate that the knuckledraggers keep getting passionate about because they are told to be that way...gotta put up with their ape yapping until elections are over..luckily they are quick to forget what they are supposed to care about and after elections, a quiet normality comes again.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
I am still having a hard time figuring out what a mosque has to do with 9/11. Did they fly a mosque into the building when I wasn't looking? Also, why is it that a building a new mosque is bad, but the existing mosque nearby is not? That's a little puzzling, too.

Wait, do people still believe that the knuckleheads behind 9/11 were actually representatives of Islam?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Once they start to change the Constitution to amend the freedom of religion part, or the children of illegal immigrants part, it's not that much of a step to make other MAJOR chances to other parts that they don't like.

Be careful what you wish for.

Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by the Constitution, period. However, just because it's available, doesn't mean that it's WISE.

Freedom of Gun Ownership is also guaranteed by the Constitution but also not necessarily wise. They might use other changes to amendments as a pre requisite under the law to change the rest of it..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by damwel
The Constitution guarentees freedom of religion. They can build their Mosque if they want. If people don't like it they are free to move to a country that suits them better.

If you would read item number 4 you would see i covered this.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by babybunnies
Once they start to change the Constitution to amend the freedom of religion part, or the children of illegal immigrants part, it's not that much of a step to make other MAJOR chances to other parts that they don't like.

Be careful what you wish for.

Freedom of Religion is guaranteed by the Constitution, period. However, just because it's available, doesn't mean that it's WISE.

Freedom of Gun Ownership is also guaranteed by the Constitution but also not necessarily wise. They might use other changes to amendments as a pre requisite under the law to change the rest of it..

once again if you read the whole post you would see i talked about this in point number 4

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by camaro68ss
When a Muslim army concord a people or won a major battle it was custom to build a mosque on the site of victory. 9/11 Represents a victory to the muslim world. to build a mosque on this hollow ground will represent and seal there victory.

I couldn't even finish the rest of your OP after this because I was laughing so much.

Although you're right it's probably not a good idea to build things on "hollow ground". Might not be a very stable building

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Nosred]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Seriously...how about people drop this non issue all together?

It's nothing but fear mongering and divisional tactics.

Let them pray there.

Let them play basketball there.

Are you saying a Burlington Coat Factory was a better use of that space?

Get over it. There is no legal reason why they can't build there. Whether it's in good taste or not is not up for debate here. The only debate is legal. And your camp loses that one.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Nosred

yeah you like to laugh at the 3,000+ that died that day huh. you make me sick

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by iamsupermanv2

Seriously...how about people drop this non issue all together?

It's nothing but fear mongering and divisional tactics.

Let them pray there.

Let them play basketball there.

Are you saying a Burlington Coat Factory was a better use of that space?

Get over it. There is no legal reason why they can't build there. Whether it's in good taste or not is not up for debate here. The only debate is legal. And your camp loses that one.

I just glad all Union brother are standing shoulder to shoulder and will not lift a nail to build this building. They can build it themselfs!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Oh look, using the deaths of people you are in no way connected with to elicit a notion of guilt and further some sort of moral superiority to help support your arguement

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   

I wasn't laughing at the people who died, I was laughing at your spelling and how stupid the OP was.

You do realize there already is a mosque near ground zero right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:50 PM
link   

3. The muslim culture is based heavily on symbolism. When a Muslim army concord a people or won a major battle it was custom to build a mosque on the site of victory. 9/11 Represents a victory to the muslim world. to build a mosque on this hollow ground will represent and seal there victory.

I could be wrong but I believe your thread is a spin on mine and so I think you should have either posted in my thread, or at least linked back to it.

Anyway, it is custom for ANY religious group that conquers an area to tear down old religious houses of worship and put up their own. This is not exclusive to Muslims. Very many catholic churches in Europe used to be pagan houses of worship.

Second, I believe you are using the "Cordoba" argument. Whether you are or aren't, I presented evidence directly contradicting this notion as "Cordoba" signifies religious tolerance, enlightenment, and a flourishing society:

Originally posted by nunya13

4. "Cordoba" has nothing to do with conquering. When Muslims conquered Cordoba, Spain (as others had before them) it turned the area into a culturally diverse, tolerant, enlightened community where Muslims and Christians worked together, side-by-side.

How the city tells its own history:

Starting with the Romans in 152, it was later conquered by the Emirate of Al-Andalus who reigned there from 711 to 1256 under the dynasty of Omeya. During this time, Cordoba was very prosperous culturally, economically, grew in population and what we can still appreciate today, in its art.

Cordoba: "Crossing of Cultures", not "Muslim conquest":

CORDOBA: "Crossing of Cultures" ... As impressive and surprising Cordoba presents itself to today's visitor, as impressive and surprising was its past. Not many know that in 11th century it was one of the most important capitals in Europe. People of the most different cultures and religions - Jews, Muslims and Christians - were living peacefully together, and important philosophers, scientists and artists emerged from here.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by nunya13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   

4 they have the right to build on this property but its not the right thing to do. if they want to show the american people that muslims are "peaceful" they should drop all ideas of building on this site.

I will say the same thing I said to kiwifoot in my thread: this sounds awfully "pc". Maybe you have or maybe you haven't, but if you've have ever made a case against political correctness, then you are guilty of the same exact thing. Subverting rights over feelings.

edit: typo

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Manhattan is home to over 600,000 Muslims. (That's more people than the entire population of cities like Denver, CO.) Your opinion is that they should be denied a community center based on the opinion of of people like you, living over 2,000 miles away, who have no ties to the area and whose only objection is "respect?" Where is the respect for their religious beliefs?

The resident Muslims of NYC didn't kill anyone on 9/11/2001, so why punish them based solely on the fact that they worship the same God as the WTC attackers? The 9/11 attacks are a horrible incident in our nations history, however maintaining the hate, distrust and bias will prevent us, as a nation, from moving forward and building a country that those who perished would be proud of.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by nunya13

Nunya13, im glad you reference this, many people do not seem to understand that the only reason we have any idea of modern science is basicaly due to Islamic influences on Europe. They probably also dont even realise the moors ran Spain for nearly a thousand years and comparable to any other European nation it was paradise. But hey, whats learning eh.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
The only "fact" that I see at work here is that you have an opinion about the building of this "community center", or whatever the PC buzz-label of the day is calling it.

It's OK that you have this opinion. I respect your opinion and believe, in my heart, that you have every right to possess, express, and feel strongly about that opinion.

As an American... Not a as a liberal, or moderate, or conservative - but as an American I too have very strong feelings about September the 11th, 2001. I shared the horror and pain of that day with every other American, regardless of race, religious belief, gender, sexual orientation, or political affiliation.

The indignation we, as a nation, underwent that day was profound and has forever altered the course of our nation.

For me the issue is how do we allow ourselves to be altered because of this day. And for me the answer is simple. We grow stronger because of it. We show the world that our light shines even more brightly under attack than it did in peace.

We put up what we've always professed, in action. We show the world freedom. We show that it cannot be attacked. That our ideals are stronger than terrorism and can never be minimized or diminished through acts of violence.

That is why I disagree with the notions you put forward here. To allow 9/11 to become a rallying cry against freedom for anybody is to allow the events of that dreadful day to succeed in ways I never thought this nation would allow them to.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I could be wrong but I believe your thread is a spin on mine and so I think you should have either posted in my thread, or at least linked back to it.

Anyway, it is custom for ANY religious group that conquers an area to tear down old religious houses of worship and put up their own. This is not exclusive to Muslims. Very many catholic churches in Europe used to be pagan houses of worship.

Second, I believe you are using the "Cordoba" argument. Whether you are or aren't, I presented evidence directly contradicting this notion as "Cordoba" signifies religious tolerance, enlightenment, and a flourishing society:

4. "Cordoba" has nothing to do with conquering. When Muslims conquered Cordoba, Spain (as others had before them) it turned the area into a culturally diverse, tolerant, enlightened community where Muslims and Christians worked together, side-by-side.

How the city tells its own history:

Starting with the Romans in 152, it was later conquered by the Emirate of Al-Andalus who reigned there from 711 to 1256 under the dynasty of Omeya. During this time, Cordoba was very prosperous culturally, economically, grew in population and what we can still appreciate today, in its art.

Cordoba: "Crossing of Cultures", not "Muslim conquest":

CORDOBA: "Crossing of Cultures" ... As impressive and surprising Cordoba presents itself to today's visitor, as impressive and surprising was its past. Not many know that in 11th century it was one of the most important capitals in Europe. People of the most different cultures and religions - Jews, Muslims and Christians - were living peacefully together, and important philosophers, scientists and artists emerged from here.

Haha cultural diversity. Is cultural diversity when Muslims took over the holy land “Israel” They would tear down Christian churches and build mosques on top of them.

Yes im a bad speller. i was deaf for the first 11 years of my life.
People cut me down because i cant spell that well to make it seem like im stupid to gain easy points. how about we talk about the topic and not the spelling

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join