It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

90 year old wwII vet recounts war incident

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   
not sure if this has been posted yet...but

what a wonderful story i hope you all enjoy it as much as i did

my hats off to this man

many thanks

Nephi

www.liveleak.com...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Nephi1337]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:10 PM
link   
Wow fantastic, thank you for that... Even in time of war... Back then there was still honor, reminds me of stories I've heard of men on / near the front lines playing soccer (football) with the "enemy" on Christmas.

Star and flag. Great find.

[Edit to add : (football) ]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Solar.Absolution]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:11 PM
link   
i will admit i did get a tear in my eye ,it takes a real man to admit that hehe

second line?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Solar.Absolution
Wow fantastic, thank you for that... Even in time of war... Back then there was still honor, reminds me of stories I've heard of men on / near the front lines playing soccer with the "enemy" on Christmas.

i was thinking the same thing ,i rember hearing a story about wwII ,and it was somthing about during christmas they stop fighting each other for that one night and sang songs and ate ,and then the next morning back to the old drawing board ,,,.....man it makes me sad and happy to hear storys like that

and thank you very much

Nephi

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

It was quite touching...
What saddens me the most is that all of those men and women were fighting and sacrificing everything with the idea that future generations could have peace, that we would never again have to fight in armed conflicts...
And now (to me) it seems war is the 'fiscal financial' solution to assist nations with out democracy etc.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

It was quite touching...
What saddens me the most is that all of those men and women were fighting and sacrificing everything with the idea that future generations could have peace, that we would never again have to fight in armed conflicts...
And now (to me) it seems war is the 'fiscal financial' solution to assist nations with out democracy etc.

i agree with you 100 percent , and back them people my not have joind just to go and kill i think they had better understanding of the value of life , but it seems now days ,more people are gungho about wanted to go to war , and unless we can all have a better understanding of a human life ,it will never stop ......sadly it wont

thank you

Nephi

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:36 PM
link   
War will happen until the end of time. No amount of knowledge will ever stop it. We are men, we like to fight and fornicate. That is what we do, and we do it well.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
War will happen until the end of time. No amount of knowledge will ever stop it. We are men, we like to fight and fornicate. That is what we do, and we do it well.

sadly it wont stop , with an outlook like that

second line

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Well, me feeling all happy inside about the death of billions of men and woman over history will not stop any wars. Take a look at history, and the different levels of intellectualism during those periods, and you will find one constant: people killing each other.

My statement wasn't me warmongering or condoning it, it was an observation on the human condition. Since history began, fighting and fornicating has driven people to do build empires, or tear them down. I am just being realistic man, to pretend it isn't true is a bit naive in my opinion.

Plus it sounds cool to say it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Well, me feeling all happy inside about the death of billions of men and woman over history will not stop any wars. Take a look at history, and the different levels of intellectualism during those periods, and you will find one constant: people killing each other.

My statement wasn't me warmongering or condoning it, it was an observation on the human condition. Since history began, fighting and fornicating has driven people to do build empires, or tear them down. I am just being realistic man, to pretend it isn't true is a bit naive in my opinion.

Plus it sounds cool to say it.

ok well then let me first say I AM SORRY ,it was a missunderstanding on my behalf ,and your words are true , we can sit here and debate it all day and forever for that matter and it wont change anything , so i am thinking that the NWO is starting to look like a good option for stoping wars right about now ? that would be the only quick soultion to have a one world order

many thanks

and sorry

Nephi

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   

I am a man and I love to fornicate but I have hardly ever had a fight and when I did it was defensive. I hate to fight.
We can change.
We are trained to fight. We are born defenseless.

That was a moving clip, thanks

[edit on 30-8-2010 by aorAki]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:19 PM
link   

There is no static between you and I my dude, apology accepted thank you. I am not sure if NWO would end the wars though honestly. I hope with all my heart that the citizens of the world would revolt. Besides that it wouldn't surprise me if they continued to wage war against their own allies.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:35 PM
link   

There is no static between you and I my dude, apology accepted thank you. I am not sure if NWO would end the wars though honestly. I hope with all my heart that the citizens of the world would revolt. Besides that it wouldn't surprise me if they continued to wage war against their own allies.

then we stand side by side my good man

but a revolt would cause more harm , if their were only a way ,i guess thats why the government has think tanks to figure this stuff out .....i just dont know brother i just dont know ...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That was Awesome Neph -

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:25 PM
link   
I was thinking about posting this, so did a search and was happy to see it here already.

Amazing story.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:49 PM
link   
Thanks for that, love the stories of the WW11 vets.
They can say so much with so few words.
In Australia we call them "old diggers" and on rememberence
day, 11-11 at 11am we pause to remember them. On 25-4 its
ANZAC day, a day for Aus and NZ ceremony and rememberence
in honor of our lost. Followed by marches and a game of two up
over a beer and a yarn, its great to hear these stories from men
and women who selflessly gave so much. Ilook forward to Anzac
day every year may god bless them all!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by hhcore

That was Awesome Neph -

hey thank you for inbedding this ! and thank for evey ones response its good to hear of storys like this in a time of war !

thank you all

Nephi

posted on Sep, 8 2010 @ 07:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337

Wow fantastic, thank you for that... Even in time of war... Back then there was still honor, reminds me of stories I've heard of men on / near the front lines playing soccer with the "enemy" on Christmas.

i was thinking the same thing ,i rember hearing a story about wwII ,and it was somthing about during christmas they stop fighting each other for that one night and sang songs and ate ,and then the next morning back to the old drawing board ,,,.....man it makes me sad and happy to hear storys like that

and thank you very much

Nephi

That was actually during world war 1, it was the british-german christmas truce,
along the Western Front during Christmas 1914.
en.wikipedia.org...

[edit on 8-9-2010 by hateeternal]

join