It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
We shouldn't have to pay to live here, but we do have to work.

These're the kinds of things we have to work to get:
1) Food & Water
2) Healthcare
3) Shelter from the elements
4) Weapon-making for defense/offense and possibly food
5) Language of some sort for communication
6) Few others

When you look at 'primitive' peoples it's really amazing what they know about the world around them! Their parents and tribe had to teach them how to live on this earth. They spend so much time learning how to live on the earth well and doing it that they wouldn't have a lot of time for much else. That's how much they know and can do!

If you think about it, none of us are self-made. No one is! The earth's resources required millions and billions of years to develop to a point where we can use them. Even humans have evolved for millions of years. Many genes and behaviors failed on the journey towards the modern human. It's all of this seemingly unlimited bounty that makes us take for granted where it all came from

In reality, conservation of energy rules the universe. There're only so many people that can fit on earth. There're only so many people on earth at any given time. There's no timekeeper ensuring that we all do equally well. In games, everyone wins because there's no conservation of energy. When resources are limited, we end up fighting over them and creating the stress we see all around us.

Some of us go into virtual worlds to pretend that the world is free again and we can work at any moment without having to climb over a mountain of red tape to get somewhere. The real world has a lot more rules and dangers and limits. This world IS big, but it still is restrictive.

No I'm not saying that virtual reality is better than reality. I'm saying that the real world has a lot of walls to climb not just when you work, but when you want to. For example, if i want to grind gold in virtual reality, it's as simple as knowing where to go then going there and farming. Ok, not that simple, but the main point is hte player is in control, not somebody else! But in our world you first have to fill out applications and figure out your tax information and make sure you have id's and so on. You have to go to school even. There're a lot of steps. And if you get hired, you're an employee, you're not hte boss (like in virtual reality). So there's a lot of stress piled on top of you from having to jump through hoops to find work and then not having much control over what happens afterwards except unless you leave the job and become your own boss.

So in a way games and VR are like drugs or something. A guy can go there and be the boss be in control without the government on his back. Maybe a better description is that they're an escape or a vacation. The rela world we live in is stressed and we can all feel it. Look at gas prices. They keep going up. Why do they go up? Technology is getting better. Minimum wage has only went up a few dollars since the late 90's, yet gas is went up by a few factors. Anyway, I think cheaper travel would go a long ways to reducing tensions. Generally, I think we need thick skin and to be able to deal with stress, but when lilfe becomes too much like a struggle then it's more like prison than anything else. And what do people do in prison? They try to get out!
edit on 5-7-2011 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
OK, I probably need to yell about now......

WHY IS THIS THREAD IN THE ALIENS/UFO FORUM??????

Just asking.

posted on Jul, 5 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Yeah it is a good point...the thing is, in some ways I feel it is needed that we pay for certain things. On the other hand paying for a fishing license, and any other LICENSE is completely absurd...as with other things.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

A better question is: Did anyone choose to be here?

Can you say that you chose to be born??

Did I choose to be born in the US rather than in North Korea or one of the many poor nations in africa? Should I be grateful to be born in the US, even though I did not choose to be born at all? If we didn't choose to be here then we're here by force and have no reason to feel indebted to anybody.

If i'm a hot sexy guy and I kidnap a woman and then force myself on her and she complains bitterly for me to let her go and I tell her, "Hey, I'm better than Brad Pitt with bigger biceps, you should be grateful! There're woman that would die to be in my arms. I'm news on every channel. But I choose to give myself to you." Whuddya think should be her response to that? Should she accept my advances or reject me?

Maybe we're all victims of this sugar daddy and are so numb from the pounding....

But since we're all experiencing something similar, it's easy to feel some compassion for each other. Kind of like kidnapped victims living together in a basement room that will lick each others wounds.

If we're here by force, we can choose either to accept it or to reject it.

The only way to really reject it - that I know of - is to die.

So you have to pay to be here (give sugar daddy his syrup), but you don't HAVE to be here.
edit on 6-4-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   

pretty much says it all

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 12:43 PM
link   

You sound as if you think everything should be given to you for free. I hate to tell you this but you could walk out of your house/flat right now and live a life as a homeless person and get everything you desire.

To be fair, I don't think the OP mean that they want everything handed to them for free, they meant that particular things, that are key to, hmmm, i dunno, NOT DYING, should be free for EVERYONE. But, then there are those that bash, and use the "it takes time and effort, you can't get it for free, that's parasitic" argument, when i'm sure there are literally millions upon millions of people that are willing to voluntarily help create the possibility for free food and water.

Also, the "find a remote piece of land" argument is moronic. Do you people honestly think it's as simple as finding a piece of land (most land bought up by corporations and Government, even if it isn't being used) and setting up shop for yourself? Of course it's not, there are consequences to even living away from society, there are laws now that do not permit you to grow your own food etc.

Even if you managed to get to a remote location, this isn't what the OP meant, I don't think, as it would be ridiculous to think that one person could farm land that would feed them all year round, three meals a day for the rest of their lives, and find (or purify) enough clean water for themselves. That's why it should be free for EVERYONE, because not only is it something we would die without, but these are necessities that should be voluntarily worked on.

It's people like the OP that would volunteer to freely help build up the resources needed to purify water, and work the land, because they actually care enough to want FREE water and food for EVERYBODY, and not be like the selfish "I want money for this work" people who just don't care enough about it, to even bother, and would rather criticize and call someone a parasite.

It's more community spirit that the world needs, not individual selfish needs. You wouldn't need to get paid for the labour, because you'd be getting the food and water for free anyway, jeez, not to mention free energy, when it is no longer suppressed.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

When they start charging you for sunshine and O2 as well as 100+ years ago you could drink out of almost any body of fresh water and now huge corporations have polluted our water and soil and we pay them to cleanup their mess.

Yep, keep complying like a good sleeper in the Matrix.

Who decided the banks would own the land your house sits on?

A slave that does not realize they are enslaved will never rebel.

A prisoner that does not realize they are imprisoned will never try to escape.

Keep complying and accepting your enslavement.

Keep accepting being messed over.

violence = answer's cartoon says it all.

You like the majority of people pay for stuff you should by nature be entitled to.

You're being messed over and don't even see it.

As long as the majority of humanity maintain the attitude of it's okay charge me to live on a planet I was born on we will all continue to be victimized.

And who decided to be here now...................your soul agreed to incarnate at this time and in this place.

TPTB, The 1% elite that have ruled over us for eons are victimizing us, have victimized us and yet most of us don't even realize the shell game being played right under our noses and accept it as normal.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by domasio

I volunteer two days a month at a homeless shelter.

Have helped with various other charities.

Who originally designated each chunk of land to belong to Chase, J. P. Morgan, Bank of America, etc.

We now pay for water clean up that 100 years ago my girlfriend's grandfather, a Chippewa Indian said you could drink from any stream for free.

The large corporations and banks are screwing over you and you're not even aware of the degree to which you are being messed over.

There is enough for everyone, but a select, elite few choose to hoard, bully and own more then they could possibly use while the majority of humanity starves and goes homeless.

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
When people come to the realization that at the quantum level that nothing on this planet exists.

What we are all living this dream called everyday life on this planet, we will come to the understanding that there is nothing that anyone person or thing can control anyone of us but only if we let them so do so.

There is more to this world that we see and think and that's the problem we see and think of our out outside world more that we think of our inside world. As soon as we understand that we can control the elements on this planet at a quantum level, we will be able to create what ever we need on our own.

No need for anything that we pay for, we will be truly free beings. You see that's the problem we are all to interested in everyone's else business to realize that we only need to look at our self's first and understand that we more than we belie out self's to be.

The truth is stranger than fiction, but it looks like people are more interested in believing all of this made up B.S. and thus live a full life of it, other that trying to understand that the truth is, we are all better that what is force fed to us by all of the people that just want to control us.

We all still have a lot to learn not about the world but about our self's as beings of equal power to all that there is.
Not what we see today, that's all a joke.

No one like to take the hard path, we all like the easy way and that is why we are where we are, no one can trust them self's but rather fallow and trust the people that lead them to the cliff and say jump it's good for you.

Well good luck with that one!

posted on Apr, 6 2012 @ 09:03 PM
link   
reply to post by annella

I've been researching UFOs, politics, conspiracies, paranormal, the occult, animals, evolution, astonomy, astrology, etc for about 30 years.

While I am no wiz, the more I get into quantum physics and sacred geometry, and UFO's - there is a possibility - our 3 dimensional reality is controlled by either ets or ods (other dimensional) entities.

It's even possible (there's that word again because I don't honestly know, nobody yet can prove) that we may be controlled, or manipulated to some extent by either one or more of the above mentioned groups.

Now, for most of my life (since becoming orphaned at 9) I stopped believing in a personal "God" like the majority of people believe in. I am spiritual but not religious. I believe personally in protecting the weak and being kind, not cheating, lying, stealing or harming another not because I fear "hell" but it's the right and good thing to do.

I feel quite happy when I am helpful and kind to someone with no expectation of "what's in it for me".

Scientists now, even the mainstream ones that must guard what they say in order to procure grants to continue with their research are saying that yes there are multiple dimensions and multiverses.

Why not the possibility of beings that come from these other dimensions or multiverses?

And if a society or group of beings that were say 10,000 years (or more ahead of us)

We have a friend who recently passed away, world famous - we were very privileged to have him as a friend. He was a world renown archeologists and ex priest.

He went on many digs, particularly in the Middle East (we're just not there for the oil)..................he said in translating many of the scrolls that he found one simple letter was left off - everywhere where there was the word God or Lord the s was left off.

One simple letter left off of many of the Holy Books.

Many translations are very faulty because X said that there was no correct way to translate what the actual meaning was initially because certain concepts and words do not easily lend themselves to translations into other languages............I am not a linguist, so I don't know the full concept of language like he did.

Now add to that the many books that were removed from say "The Holy Bible", (read The Gnostic Bible, edited by Willis Barnstone & Marvin Meyer and published by Shambhala Publication, Inc. Horticultural Hall and William Bramley's "the Gods of Eden" and yes even David Icke's books that twenty years back people ridiculed him and now quantum physicists are saying pretty much what he has been saying all along, that our five/six senses with these three dimensional bodies might not be picking up our total reality.

Research, research, research - there are tons of books, articles and videos out there.........even here on our planet, eagles see way better than us, bears can smell us a mile away, sharks can smell one drop of blood a mile away and hear / feel your heart beating in the water, bats use sonar, snakes use their tongues to sense stuff - and these are just animals on our planet.

What wonders, what deviations are off Earth or in other dimensions exist that we don't even know about yet?

Why do we have to live on a planet we were born on?

If you read one book, start with Charles Fort's "Book of the Damned".

Free 232 page copy here but hurry and load this puppy on a thumb drive, free ebooks are drying up.

www.think-aboutit.com...

A slave that does not realize they are enslaved will never rebel.

A prisoner that does not realize they are imprisoned will never try to escape.

edit on 6-4-2012 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I think what I'm saying is that so long as we choose to be here we'll have to pay. Some people pay with money. Some people pay with their livelihood. Some with their time. Etc.

There's no such thing as a free lunch in this life. Not for the rich, the poor, the cheaters, the religious or anybody else. There're consequences for every choice we make.

Nobody chose to be born here. I still believe that. Which means.... we're not indebted. We're here by force with no explanation. We owe nothing. We're innocent by default. Death is the only escape.

But dying isn't really a choice, is it? Taking your own life is the gravest choice. It's not just rebellion, it's rebellion against your own life force. In the end, it's not whether you pay, it's how much.

And people hold onto each other for comfort. That keeps them here too. If people are like plants then their roots are like the connections they form with others around them.

I believe every animal, creature and/or organism on earth is in the same situation. This includes the rich and powerful that you seem to want to separate from the rest. To me, we're all the same character. When I made my analogy with a man that steals a woman and tells her she should be grateful for his attention, the man was reality itself. The woman, of course, is us, is every creature.

Sad thing is, I don't believe there's an after-life. When we die we're dead. There's no heroic escape from this reality into a better one. There's no communion with lost loved ones.
edit on 9-11-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by butcherguy
I understand what you are saying,

but I also want to say that I know a lot of people that aren't paying anything, and get stuff for free. The free stuff is paid for, in part, by me!

yup, my 84 yr-old mother who has alzheimers from 2006 to now, and is in a nursing home, went through all of her money and property assets worth about 300,000 dollars, now she is on medicare because she is broke, and you're paying for it...i guess you would throw her out in the street, because she is getting "free stuff", right?

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I wish I could give another star and flag for this thread. And we need to start working towards equality and freedom, they're both needed and even lead the leaders who are so determined to split it all into, freedom (for the few) and equality (comes with invasive police state laws) when a true advanced being doesnt even need law or governance, but shares willingly, desires no banks, realtors or money, and distributes everything one can and is FREE and Sovereign.

posted on Nov, 9 2012 @ 01:05 PM
link   
reply to post by brutalsun

If you are tough enough and skilled enough to wander off into the wilderness and claim all those things with your own effort and skills, then you can have them all for free.

You have to pay when you need other skilled people (or a long precarious chain of people and machinery) to deliver them for you.

posted on May, 10 2013 @ 01:45 PM
link   
Good thread

top topics

<< 13  14  15   >>

join