It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
Definition of the word usufruct:

See Wiki

Usufruct originates from civil law, where it is a real right of limited duration on the property of another. The holder of an usufruct, known as the usufructuary, has the right to use and enjoy the property, as well as the right to receive profits from the fruits of the property. The English word usufruct derives from the Latin expression usus et fructus, meaning "use and enjoyment", cognate to English "use and fruits"

Now... in this letter to James Madison from Thomas Jefferson, Jefferson is discussing the same topic as this thread.... the year being 1789:

The question Whether one generation of men has a right to bind another, seems never to have been started either on this or our side of the water. Yet it is a question of such consequences as not only to merit decision, but place also, among the fundamental principles of every government. The course of reflection in which we are immersed here on the elementary principles of society has presented this question to my mind; and that no such obligation can be transmitted I think very capable of proof. I set out on this ground which I suppose to be self evident, "_that the earth belongs in usufruct to the living_;" that the dead have neither powers nor rights over it. The portion occupied by an individual ceases to be his when himself ceases to be, and reverts to the society.

Then no man can by _natural right_ oblige the lands he occupied, or the persons who succeed him in that occupation, to the paiment of debts contracted by him.

This is the situation with the national "debt"... how can one generation impose debts upon the next? Jefferson points out that the ability of nations to borrow beyond a generation or 19 years, is what makes wars able to be financed!!

He also states that when a man ceases to use the land then it reverts to the public use. The concept is based upon indiginous tribal customs of alloting fields to cultivation by various families for their USe yet the ownership belongs to 'all'.

This letter by Jefferson is a mind blower, and if practiced ownership of property would end when use of it ends...this would prevent concentrations of great wealth and deficit spending beyond a strictly limited period. Further the current gutless wonders that pass for the federal government of the money, by the money and for the money would be unable to finance the endless state of WAR!

Below Jefferson is stating that if the amounts borrowed by Louis the 15th for the operations of the French government were beyond the means to be paid by those who profited from it - the current generation.. then the next generation would not be bound to pay it!
The current generation of 20 year olds could live in a debt free land!

Must the present generation of men have retired from the territory in which nature produced them, and ceded it to the Genoese creditors? No. They have the same rights over the soil on which they were produced, as the preceding generations had. They derive these rights not from their predecessors, but from nature. They then and their soil are by nature clear of the debts of their predecessors.

LINK

[edit on 30-8-2010 by seataka]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
I see a common response from everyone here, and I have not watched the video yet. But from what i have heard here, this video reflects something my father always told me

Just on a hunch I would say most people are missing the point here a little bit when the op says why should I pay. This is a very good question, why should you pay?

people are saying you have to pay taxes for roads, water, society, electricity, etc etc.

I agree, however I believe the op meant who has the right to arbitrarily charge me for services I neither asked for nor may not have wanted in the first place.

If I buy a home I continually pay taxes on it for the rest of my life while I own it. Did they ask me if I would like to opt in to these services that my taxes pay for? no they did not. do they offer an alternative? no they do not.
what if my home can be setup self sufficiently so that i filter all my own water, generate my own electricity, and treat my own waste. All these things can be done, and will my taxes stop? no they will not. They fine me or take my home if I do not pay my taxes, not stop my services/

The fact is we live in a society with a bloated governmental system hell bent on imposing regulations and taxes with little regard for the people. WE ARE OVERTAXED and all the services we need that everyone says we should pay for all the services instead get siphoned off to special interest groups with the actual amount of money needed for our services is but a fraction of what we actually pay.

I think everyone missed the point is that no one owns you or should make the choices for you in regards to your life. unless you are self destructive or dangerous and thats a topic for another day.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:23 PM
link   
Alex is a great speaker and always nails it on the head. He tells it like it is. It does not matter if i buy his contact story's but he has a great message and is not out to make a profit from the believers. At least not that i can tell. I pay attention to Alex not these new ager lunatics out there.

Why do we have to pay to live on our own planet?

Because money makes the world go round. Because we have been enslaved by the power elite family's since the concept of money was thought in to existence. The monetary system, big bankers and corporations run the show. It is simple THEY want everything for themselves and us to serve them it is quite obvious and simple. Some people argue that if it was not for money and we had some Utopian society people would not be inspired to work for things, that we would become lazy and complacent. ironically that is what is going on NOW that people have lost hope and struggle from check to check. Only people who live on the greener side of the grass believe money is a good thing. The middle class is vanishing at an alarming rate and now it is Rich or poor, the haves vs the have nots. There is no balance, it is simply becoming imperialism world wide order "NWO" this is the long term plan. And so it has been and it will take a collapse of society and government to change for the better.

There are systems that work much better, everyone is happy and everyone is equal but THEY do not want that and they will do anything to keep you distracted.

Like George said - And they are doing a heck of a job, they want you to be smart enough to run the machines and do you're job but not smart enough to ask questions or think outside the box Basically a bunch of brainwashed zombies.

Sure it takes money to run a obsolete power grid, it takes money to filter our water after THEY fund with millions to dump fluoride in our water supply to "whiten our teeth"

To keep us submissive, as the energy system coal and natural gas we have today is nothing new. Also inefficient in comparison to solar and wind. While Solar energy is nothing new yet is practically unused still? Yes they encourage wind and solar but here is the catch. It is very expensive to get our hands on solar and wind systems all because of money which in turn defeats us from getting that free energy. So let me know when electric cars are affordable GM and ford. At least until you're pals at BP and exxon run out of oil. Then you can expect free energy tax and whatever it takes to profit from the masses.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by theMegaladon]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by ladyinwaiting

haha yes you could possibly live there for free until homeland security runs you for your papers or the LEOs come and nail you for vagrancy or trespassing or both or something worse happens like someone just plugs you thinking you were sasquatch. (gruesome) just MHO

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:58 PM
link   
Capitalist exploitative entrepreneurs have taken over the world and we must pay to exist.

There have always been people (parasites) like this

res

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:11 AM
link   
We don't have to do anything it's all illusory societal systems foundated by the people who don't think of life in any other way. For example, people know the banks are corrupt and terrible yet they have bank accounts - this is a small and supple example.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

S & F

That question haunted me ever since the first time I heard him say it, and I have thought about it many times, and even had this very discussion taking place here with friends and family.

There is something very, very wrong with the way we have been and are being programmed. It doesn't take a whole lot to figure this out---All one has to do is QUESTION the way things are on this prison planet.

Of course such individuals usually get labeled as weirdos and crackpots by a robotically controlled and indoctrinated populace.

But if you feel that something is "not quite right" with this world and the way things are set up, you are not alone, I assure you.

No one should have to pay, just to LIVE upon a planet they were born on. No one.

Good news (imho) is that this system appears to be nearing its death throes. It is unraveling at the seams, and people ARE beginning to awaken and question---If enough do FULLY, this world is going to change. I hope I live long enough to see it come about.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
Who in the F owns the water, the seas, the air, the sky, the dirt - it should belong to all of us.

No one! The sky, the seas, the dirt, the air isn't owned by anyone! You ain't paying for it!

I personally don’t believe the United States government’s ever going to admit it. It’ll probably come from another country, India or China, first.

No it won't! They are all in it together - NASA/ESA/CSA/ISRO/JAXA and of course the governments themselves. So don't bank on disclosure from any of them!
I thought you knew?

Extraterrestrial civilizations no longer use a the pyramidal power structure. They have been using a holographic ever since the end of the Orion Wars -- which would be in our linear time about 360,000 years ago.

Huh? And how, pray, does he know all this? It boils down to just one word - RUBBISH!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:22 AM
link   

[edit on 31-8-2010 by Perseus Apex]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:23 AM
link   
Why do we have to pay to live on this planet? Because this planet is ruled by a "slave system" and money is the master.

Every human being comes on this planet for no other reason than to be a slave. Any slave who is not obedient simply dies. People have a strong will to survive so they continue to be obedient slaves by worshiping materialism.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:28 AM
link   
I have not watched the vid OP but the answer is simple....humanity is a slave species, the slave mentality is there created world. We all model our society after ancient slave society's egypt and rome and goes way back to even before that...."Form is function" and the human mind is in pyramid form, in the way it thinks and concieves of anything, you wonder why it's like this in this primitive world were all other world's stay away from you like you are a disease, is because it's a process but it's contagious, what other way can it be... a slave only know's the pyamid, his dream is the top of it, and his fear is the bottom of it....and if one from the top ends up on the bottom, he would rather die then live like that...But the bottom supports the top.... and the middle displaces the weight and solidifies and strengthens the whole. That is the optimum slave pyramid society....but when the top forgets that they are slaves to the system, and gets rid of the middle/class what you have is a crumbling pyramid. Do you think a slave knows he is a slave, only at the top of the pyramid can you see farther and clearer, and what a slave sees at the top is they would never what to be at the bottom, hence they try to help you in there best intrests...for an intrest but offcourse...for the top has no other way to support itself no other skills, but by way of the bottom.... it's a slave that sees clearer and has more time for the finer things in live. Look what something like a different way to communicate like the internet did to the structure of the pyramid mind, but if you prefer education can replace that.

Also this thing got started because some heavenly entity's wanted to help a poor primitive species to be better, by way of there system.....THE PYRAMID....And no matter what anybody claims or any other advanced system claims....Keep one thing in mind....all systems are specific to them. Can you cram millions to billions or trillions of years of being and evolution and knowledge into a couple of thousand years?....Can you make an omlett without breaking eggs? Can you teach you dog english? You have to pay for your water and land and the rest because of forced progress, nothing is free when everything is forced...And also slaves are not allowed to learn to fish, and to live any other way but by the pyramid, those who are dependents of one way, are also slave's to one way. "Basically the human mind know's no other way". And trust me aint nobody helping humanity if humanity can't help themselves. Not the rich ptb or so called advanced aliens, they want to come down to your level, like the average dude want's to move and life in a ghetto in the poorest part of the old crumbled pyramid's.. you all like to call the third wold countries.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:39 AM
link   
I try to answer the same question here

www.abovetopsecret.com...

We need a right to sustenance. The needs of our body are turned into debts when we must work to pay for food and shelter. Working to eat is the most over looked symptom of our societies sickness. Check it out.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
check out 'gross national happiness'....

en.wikipedia.org...

unfortunately thats all going to slowly cease now in the 'last nation' due to globalization....

buy hey.... where is bhutan on the map?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:59 AM
link   

It was going along Ok, until.....

That's why so many extra-Terestrial races are coming here.....

and

I don't of any other civilization in our Universe that still uses a monitary system...

Hello, what planet are you from again

Why doesn't anyone want to live in Tyrany, how bad can it be and what
state is it in, is it near New Orleans by any chance.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
He would has a lot of valid points and this would make a great speech but he needs to drop the "I know names of alien civilizations and what their societies are like" spiel. There are some fabrications in there and he makes a lot of valid points. He's trying to paint a picture of what he would like society to be and he's using valid facts that we know that show mere corruption. I know there is a vast conspiracy but he doesn't know the names of the civilizations of et.

I do like the question though.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:16 AM
link   
But we are free. Just go hunt for your food, drink water in lakes and rivers, cut trees and build a home, etc. If you can't do it on your own, and someone has to do some things for you, you would probably have to do something for them. Money solves the problem with barter by allowing people to have a common means of trade with other people in all of society. The only real lack of freedom you have is to pay taxes, like property tax.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by 547000]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:19 AM
link   
And why do we have to pay to go to Project Camelot conferences?

Don't pay for your water or electricity but please donate to Project Camelot!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:39 AM
link   

I have seen this video before. Do you know that , although he speaks in a manner which persuades one to listen to him, that he is in fact talking out of his rectal passage?
There is no way a political system can be "holographic" . It makes NO sense, means NOTHING. It means even less than all the buzzwords used in marketing .
This man claims to have deep understanding of galactic politics, and yet offers no proof, no evidence of any kind for his outlandish claims, except his insights into the minds of beings I doubt he has ever met!
This man represents everything I hate about the UFO /Aliens conspiracy. A faker with a tale of wonder, and no bloody facts , no scientific proof, nothing that would sway a logical mind to his cause. I cant stand his sort of hippy drivel, and he makes me sick to my stomach. I only hope there are enough people in UFO circles with thier heads on straight enough to prevent this sack of crap from spreading his mind plauge so far that it tars us with the same crazy brush.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by TrueBrit]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 03:40 AM
link   

I see your point, but how does this factor in to real life?

Surely, you must realize there are far more important topics that deserve our attention rather than rhetorical questions. These types of questions, although fun to ponder while under the influence and surrounded by friends, have an infinite amount of possible answers.

If you don't like paying to live on the most prime piece of real estate this side of the solar system, I hear neptune is lovely this time of year.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   

it depends how you look at it...

a loooonnnggg time ago somebody decided to take control (probably with good intentions) and because of that today we have our government.

now theres 2 ways to view our situation.

1. the government are just hellbent on power and wealth and dont care how or where they get it from and who they hurt in the process. they tax us. watch us. create laws and arrest us if we go against their system.

or

2. we are not actually paying to live but paying for better quality of life, ease and comfort. you dont actually pay for water. you can go and get it from a fresh water source if u want. your paying for it to be filtered, cleaned, bottled or channeled to your taps so you only hav to grab a glass and walk to your kitchen.

your not paying for food. you can go and catch your own...your paying for it to be killed, chopped up and processed, packaged and sent to your local supermarket so you barely have to go anywhere to get it and you get all your food from one place.

you pay taxes so we can have things like a fire service and hospitals and schools etc etc.

personally i think its a mixture of both but slowly drifting towards the first option of corrupt governments. they take from us more than they need. they control us and remove to many freedoms, and watch us too much.

you dont have to pay...you can go off and live in the woods if you want but it would be a lot more difficult.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join