It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Question: Why do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
It's actually very simple. The world is now owned precisely because it was once free.

All was once free and divided not.

Once people began to gather into small groups, they began to claim land and territory for themselves, and so, had the ability to sell or trade parts of that territory. There were some groups few and far between that did not claim land it seems, and they were quickly slaughtered for being savages.

More importantly, the gathering into groups allowed people to defend their territory of free earth that they had claimed for their own. If another person or group were to attempt to claim the property again then it would most likely be met with force and blood.

There is no one to stop a group of people from claiming an area of land except for another group. If the first group has more people and/or better weapons then they will most likely retain the land they have claimed. If not, then the claimed land will change hands.

There are times when one group wants the land or resources of another group and so they invade the group whose land they want and attempt to take it by force. This may be referred to as war.

The same goes for resources: Once people began gathering and hoarding resources and developed a surplus, they were then able to sell or trade to those people who didn't have that resource or who had other valuable resources. Once more and more land was claimed, it just so happened that more and more resources resided on claimed territory and the groups who had laid claim to that land would deny the ability of certain other groups from utilizing the resources, if they even let them enter the claimed territory in the first place.

Today, there is no more land to claim. There are also hardly any unclaimed resources. If you wish to claim resources, you must use scientific knowledge to find untapped and unknown resources that you can claim and then sell or give to others.

The land, it's all been claimed, so if you want some, you'll most likely have to purchase it from the contractual progenitor of a far off ancestor who once claimed it long ago.

If you don't want to purchase any of it, then you can do one very simple thing: Take over the entire world. Once you have taken over the entire world and claimed in as yours, then you can do what you see fit with the land.

It's all rooted in us, even as small children:

1) You claim the toy as yours
2) Another kid wants it
3) "No! It's mine!"
4) Violence, crying, throwing, tantrums, etc...
5) Both kids hope for an intervention.

Of course, number 5 is why so many loonies hope for intervention from E.T ... because they can't solve their own problems and want mommy and daddy to help them because they would rather ignore responsibility and what is means to have become human.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
It's actually very simple. The world is now owned precisely because it was once free.

All was once free and divided not.

This may be true of the primordial soup, but I'm afraid we humans come from a long line of territorial mammals.

This all could be just what you should expect of any territorial animal if it became intelligent.

We're not robots. We have instincts.

I don't disagree, but the "division" happened a loooong time before humans.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by ofhumandescent
This whole video is very interesting, but this one question at 38:30 really got to me.

Okay ATS members, why in sam hell do we have to pay to live on a planet we were born on.

Who in the F owns the water, the seas, the air, the sky, the dirt - it should belong to all of us - who came along and claimed, "this is mine".

No need to pay.

No need to live, in fact.

Who owns all this?

Me. And you can't have any.

Harte

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Aboriginal cultures did not pay to live on mother Earth. When they walked upon her, she provided all. She was their supermarket. She was their pharmacy. Children were taugh from the elders how to listen to the plants,animals and rocks. They were taugh to listen and listen to the Great Earth Mother. Leaders were truely appointed by the people and they cared for the people. The medicine man showed the people other World's and lead them to the divine. We have lost our way, in today's World. We must remember the old ways. Namaste

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:14 PM
link   
The ptb don’t want us to have private property rights. As long as you pay property tax you don’t own the dirt you were made of. If you could own property outright then you could pass it along to your progeny and they in essence would be getting it for free.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Ok, lets see, have you work in a farm? do u know all the work people must do to raise and harvest food?

That is why you must pay food for example, because there is people working to make that food, the same with shelter and almost everything.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Farming is hard. I've actually worked on a farm as a child.

However, with machines to replace human labor, things have gotten easier.

The problem is that people are too lazy.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by die_another_day
Farming is hard. I've actually worked on a farm as a child.

However, with machines to replace human labor, things have gotten easier.

The problem is that people are too lazy.

Easier yes, still have a cost, machines are not free, and of course time, seeds, irrigation, etc etc etc.

Is the same for eveything, it doesnt matter if is easier now, there always will be cost and nobody will work for free.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I wondered this very same thing when I was a child and first learned that people have to work jobs for numerous hours just to afford life.

It (the system or world we live in and abide by) made absolutely no sense to me then and still doesn't to this day.

In the favorite words of my grandma:
"I tell ya what, it sure is a crime to live anymore!"

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sly1one
I wondered this very same thing when I was a child and first learned that people have to work jobs for numerous hours just to afford life.

It (the system or world we live in and abide by) made absolutely no sense to me then and still doesn't to this day.

In the favorite words of my grandma:
"I tell ya what, it sure is a crime to live anymore!"

Well, there is an easy solution, you need to find something that make everything grow in threes.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
The simple answer - we are prisoners and we have been brainwashed to accept the prisoner mentallity. Man has legislated itself into a corner, and as a result we are all living as endentured servants rather than a free species of beings.

They tax the water we drink, they tax the waters we fish, they tax the land we hunt and the food we grow, they tax the houses we build and the items that we acquire to fill them. At birth we are assigned a bar code, aka social security number, and that number follows us until death and makes certain that we pay religiously until we die.

How it got to be this way - through hundreds of years of man made treachery. Corrupt systems were designed and implemented long before you and I were alive, and we have simply been born into a caste system over which we have no control.

Like hamsters on a wheel, we run until we can run no longer, only to realize at the end that we have been running our entire lives and haven't gone anywhere.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
The things that we NEED cost because of greed. Humanity has become so greedy that its sad as it stagnates our advancement into a more technologically, mentally, and spiritually powerful race of beings. See heres how it goes. People didnt want to work for free, they always wanted something back instead of thinking of the good of the civilization. So what they did was put value on things that were truly not valuable at all. Money, its just a piece of paper, simple as that. Gold and diamonds and such ohhhh there so damn shiny so they must be worth something. We cant eat them, we cant drink them, use them as clothing or housing. What was their value in the first place? Just because something is rare doesnt make it valuable. As for oil, well look at the problems it has caused.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
if i wanted to hunt for my food...carry my water and purify it...cut trees to heat my home...etc...i could do that....but I pay to have those services basically brought to my doorstep....because the alternative is much harder...we as a whole species have become unimaginally lazy...look at the generations before us and how hard they had to work for little or no money just to survive....now we go to work and everything is handed to us...we go to work for a measly 8 hours a day and sit on our lazy butts for the rest of the time...it is crazy to make people think food, water, heat should be provided by the government...do you think if there wasn't any money anybody would show up to fix the water pipes....i don't think so...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
its pretty simple really, you have had monarchs take control of the water, electric, soil, etc,etc,. and have made a fair wage on being lazy controlling every aspect of life. then you have had millenia of serfs doing absolutely nothing when these people have taken more and more land and rights away. so in a nut shell. give away your rights and freedoms-less rights and privelages, its a timeless situation as no one has had any kinda back bone for like forever

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:43 PM
link   
This is a very good point. Even for the acutely religious. . .life is supposed to be a gift from whatever diety in which one believes. Yet, if you can not afford any of life's "ameneties", such as food, land, water, etc. you're in poverty. There will be a time when basic survival in the "wild" we become knowledge more sacred than today. You see, 200 years ago, it was a way of life. . .now, it's something to watch on a reality show. As long as there is control of resources. . .us "commoners" will be at the whim of TPTB. By the way, as some mods of ATS would have us believe, the MODS are not TPTB, no matter how much their ego persuades them.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
I recommend to everyone to read:

G. K. Chesterton, "What's Wrong With the World"

Written in the first part of the Twentieth Century, he'd already figured out much of the Generational "Conspiracy" that keeps us in chains.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:53 PM
link   
this isn't the kind of subject you speak of with borders. he's still separating people by countries and race.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

First things I put ““ marks around the words Apparently and allegedly.
This implies that what I said was in jest. We get neither from the Gubbment.
Ok so I watch the video as I do have time to burn.
This gentleman proceeds to tell me that 350,000 years ago, this was the beginning of the I dunno moment.
He tells us that the Andromedans told him to tell us… if they were around 350,000 years ago, why do they simply not fly out and tell us themselves?
He tells us that our politicians are in big doo doo, yes they are and not because “The Aliens” are coming for them.
The gentleman continues on a doom and gloom shadow faction speech.

Here is my take on things, and tell me which one sounds a bit more logical and or possible.
Either the Gentlemans views or, The PTB would like to stretch out their scheme as far as they can take it so…
They talk of disclosure and someday they might but I doubt it.
There are benevolent aliens out there that will come save us so if bad things happen or the PTB passes a stupid law that angers the people and works for them, we knowing the aliens are coming for the PTB say “It is no problem because when the aliens get here will fix everything” or something similar.
There is always a reason to hold off.
In 2000 the computers will go crazy and Skynet will cause a nuclear explosion. or
In 2012 the world is gonna end and they will be judged. or
Fear not Karma will get them in the next life. or
God will make them pay when they reach the Pearly gates. or
When the Aliens get here they will make them pay. or
How many more “wait a minute” scenarios will you need?
There will be no retribution on some grand day, if you get screwed in this life it stays that way forever.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   
I think that using money can be useful if we only used it for the things that we dont need. All natural resources should be free. Not only has humanity become exceedingly greedy, but exceedingly selfish as well. We shouldnt need to pay for water purification. Water is purified in order to stop people from having trash and other unhealthy stuff into their bodies and becoming sick or dying. Or have we come to not care for the lives of our fellow human beings as well? As for housing I think everyone should be given a place to live. As for food, I think that people should only be allowed to get a certain amount of certain things. What that amount would be on what product I have no clue but it could work probably. I have heard on some forums that years ago we used to be closer to each other in out communities. What happened to that? That could easily solve the safety problem as everyone would be looking out for each other.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:12 PM
link   
how much news have you heard from china lately. the american media is worse than saddam's state owned television. everything is censored. you can't even show american caskets with flags on them. america is so sheltered and islolated regarding the world that is seems that other countries aren't real.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join