It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mason Questions.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:41 AM
link   
So my uncle passed away this last week, the funeral was last Wednesday, and it turns out he was a Shriner. From what I could figure out he was at the top of the Roanoke Virginia Lodges but nobody is willing to tell me more. His shriners hat was laid beside him in the casket as I was told it could not be passed on to someone else as nobody was at the same rank as he. What does that mean?

His Obit has all the Mason stuff on it.

obituaries.roanoke.com...

BTW, he was a McCoy of the Hatfield and McCoy's.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by GrndLkNatv
So my uncle passed away this last week, the funeral was last Wednesday, and it turns out he was a Shriner. From what I could figure out he was at the top of the Roanoke Virginia Lodges but nobody is willing to tell me more. His shriners hat was laid beside him in the casket as I was told it could not be passed on to someone else as nobody was at the same rank as he. What does that mean?

If he was a past Divan officer, it will probably have this written on the fez...therefore, no other Shriner should be allowed to wear it, unless he belonged in the same category.
However, I’m not aware of any regulation that forbids the fez from being received by a member of the family as a keepsake. I have my grandfather’s fez, and I’m curator at my Scottish Rite Temple’s Masonic museum, where we have a lot of people donating their dad’s, husband’s, or granddad’s fezzes for display.

Fiat Lvx.

join