It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think i hate them in numbers

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Would you deny we have instinct or genetic knowledge? I strive to be better than a caveman but the fact is that caveman is still my long lost relative so I will always be part of him..... Racism will never go away as long as people share different ideas and cultures there is no sugar coating this, it is what it is....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:28 PM
link   
Racism is for stupid people, unfortunately ALL of us have a little stupid in them. PERIOD. If you deny that you are flat out lying to yourself. (NOTE: i said a little stupid). Unfortunately race realist, people that openly talk about or discuss differences in races are labeled racist, constantly, even if they state a FACT they are labeled racist just because it is such a taboo subject now a days. The term racist is used way too loosely nowadays, especially with minorities. I know a lot of upstanding people that have been jumped or beat up because a minority used the phrase "you are racist" or "this "guy" is a f'n racist". Now, on to what the op stated, if you get just one minority in the same predicament as opposed to a group, these people would have never have been beaten up, it's when groups get together and the mob mentality automatically kicks in. This is especially more true with certain groups than others and For the record, Statistics don't lie and telling the truth is not being "racist". Just my .02.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by jheated5
reply to post by g146541

Would you deny we have instinct or genetic knowledge? I strive to be better than a caveman but the fact is that caveman is still my long lost relative so I will always be part of him..... Racism will never go away as long as people share different ideas and cultures there is no sugar coating this, it is what it is....

kinda sux that it is what it is....but totally agree....side note :being a racist..so easy a caveman can do it...i know i know stupid

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
The more i watch the news from fox to cnn there are more racial lines drawn ...
It seems as though the national black figures i see on tv are offinded about everything ..

Please stop watching FOX and CNN and the national black figures on TV. THEY are the ones pushing the racism agenda, NOT the people.

I agree with g146541 that racism is pushed by the media and government in an attempt to separate and control. Divide and conquer. Both MSM and the government benefit from having a divided populous:

People watch the news to have their fears justified and to listen to someone who's 'on their side'. That's why the right, in general, watches FOX news and the left, in general, watches MSNBC. People like to hear their opinions verified and supported.

This division is beneficial to the government because it means that we will NOT be forming a single group and go against the government ourselves. We're too busy fighting each other to get it together enough to realize that we all really want the same things. Freedom, equality, safety and justice, none of which we are currently enjoying.

And white people aren't the only ones who are watching, reading and listening to the media. People of every race are listening... And picking up the subtle cues that divide not only the races, but the religions and political ideologies.

I feel sorry for anyone who buys into what the MSM is telling them. Don't listen. Make up your own mind. Please, before it's too late and you turn into one of these Glenn Beck and Rush Limbaugh worshipers that the country already has too much of. Don't buy their crap for another minute!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
but dude glen beck keeps telling me to buy his new book??? and im having a hard enough time as it is tring to read mike savages new book while listening to rush....jk

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:35 PM
link   
reply to post by saintsjunky

HAHA nice I actually had a good laugh at that one....

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

You mention ideas and cultures I stand corrected, as I thought you were speaking about race, not thoughts.
And according to science we are long lost relatives of the fish, but you won't see me dunking my head in a bowl of water trying to breath.
We are the evolved product and there is no excuse for racism.

reply to post by kimish

Agreed we all have some stupid in us, and where my prejudice lies is I am angry at other people with darker skin than I have as it takes me darn near all summer to get a tan that would never compare.
There is my racism!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:00 PM
link   
reply to post by g146541

Obviously not as evolved as you would like to think we are..... Sometimes you have to take those blinders off and step into reality..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:05 PM
link   
reply to post by jheated5

Please help me if you think you have knowledge I do not, I choose to not hate a person based on the color of their skin, is that blind?
Or does color dictate good and evil, such as dark side, light side?
I suggest that prejudice people are the blind ones.
Pre judge prejudice yep one in the same they are.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
i love how the self professed non racists are usually a minority...yet al sharpton seems to think its imposable for a minority to BE racist!!lol this is the crap that makes me feel backed agaist a wall

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:04 PM
link   
Hi SaintsJunkie.

I sense that when like minded people gather, it creates a presence of hive mentality.

When I see racial discussion now, it's almost as if I can hear the division bell ringing in my head when the discussion is not about overcoming the programmed racial impressions.

I have never really been truly racist. I've repeated racial jokes in the past and even thought they were humorous in an ignorant kind of way (after all, comedy is kind of an artform of descent, at least while mankind is in a cycle/state of involution). Yet, i've never been above treating folks from other "nationality" or geographical origins with common courtesy, especially on an individual basis! It doesn't cost anything to be polite, right?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:40 PM
link   
yeah your right , but would you feel as comfortable showing hospitality and courtousy toward one differnt natanality( as in an individule) as you would say 6 or 7 that were speaking a differnt language laughning it up and what not?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
When I had a job, I worked with Hispanics, Africans and Asians. There were far more Hispanics though, even the superviser. When an important announcement was to be made, she always made it in Spanish first then English. Every single person except for two knew English. How rude! Kind of hard to respect people like that. When I mentioned it to a boss, they were upset and told my superviser that we have a number of cultures here, they all understand English except for two. She was told to explain to the other two AFTER she explained in English. She never held another meeting in Spanish again.

Also when it came to helping each other, the hispanics would help their own far more than anyone else, always trying to make themselves look better. After seeing tears and breaking up fights, I grew weary. I always helped people no matter who they were or what color or culture. It took years for our department to learn to work well together as people and not cultures.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Night Star
I always helped people no matter who they were or what color or culture. It took years for our department to learn to work well together as people and not cultures.

very well said !!! shows your a true human being !

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by saintsjunky
so the media is behind say prisons ???...you walk into any prison in the usa and racial division is there like a natural occurance not because al sharpton or glenn beck told them to divide??? i know this not from watching msnbc lockup but because my father has worked for the texas state prison system for over 25 years and we lived on the grounds on the prison !!! i dont blame the media....i blame people not kniowing how to act in large groups with other races

in prison people feel safe around their race. the latin americans will stick with their own. the blacks will stay with theirs and the whites will do the same.

gangs that were once enemies will join forces to survive prison.

thing is racism runs rampent in those areas. you geta few buttheads that make your entire race look stupid. and because of that people tend to judge all people of each race by the action of one moron.

my dad worked in prison. kept his nose clean and out of the bull# so he was respected by everyone

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:28 PM
link   
I think your just noticing tribalism and that people in large groups tend to act in a rather stupid way.

Terry Pratchett wrote in one of his books that

the intelligence of a mob is the IQ of its most stupid member divided by the number of its people present

I could equally make your original post about our cherished English football fans, I have many friends that like football and seem to be perfectly sane rational individuals, but put them together in a crowd and they degenerate into violent unthinking Neanderthals

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by davespanners
I think your just noticing tribalism and that people in large groups tend to act in a rather stupid way.

Terry Pratchett wrote in one of his books that

the intelligence of a mob is the IQ of its most stupid member divided by the number of its people present

I could equally make your original post about our cherished English football fans, I have many friends that like football and seem to be perfectly sane rational individuals, but put them together in a crowd and they degenerate into violent unthinking Neanderthals

people seem to be drawn to the whole acting tribal. i myself am a victem of it. and chances are you all have been at some time or another.

i think its a genetic factor wrote into the genes. certain groups tend to do it more do to circumstance

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Like they say, familiarity breeds contempt. As a general rule, the closer you are to something, the more able it is to injure you. To feel free and unmolested, a person has to have space. Almost none of us have enough of it. We all feel a bit trampled upon by our neighbors, and that's naturally going to engender hatred against anyone who stands out as a major offender.

The problem is, we don't handle it on an individual basis. We tend to group people. You have a problem with someone who looks like you and they are familiar- you can nail down a bit more about them.
So my space gets violated by 5 white people today, but I break that down to two snowbirds who don't know how to drive and three Baptists who don't acknowledge my right to say and do obscene things just because it makes me happy, so I can tell right away it's not a racial issue.
But then I also get my space violated by 5 Mexicans in the same day (actually 2 Mexicans, a Columbian. a Cuban, and a Brazilian but its not like I can tell the difference) and I have no real understanding of their culture so I don't make any of the political or sociological connections that explain why we didn't get along- all I see is that Mexicans are statistically twice as likely to mess with me as white people- even though that's not even technically true.

In a nutshell, easily 10% of the people out there are completely unlikeable, each for his own unique reason. But when a lot of them look alike and you can't stand them long enough to figure out what's really wrong with them, it's easy to mistakenly blame race.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 02:54 AM
link   
If I attend a party, and know that it is in a different culture, I don't expect for everyone to change who they are or their language, because I'm there, as a matter of fact, I feel as I could learn something new.

Them being themselves is to be expected, maybe the expectation of the individual its bothering should look at themselves for the answer to why their uncomfortable.

Ego seems to play a big part of this discussion also, for example:

Why do they speak their own language when I am in present company?
Well why don't you ask what their saying, or maybe your left out of the conversation, as it may be something that they clearly see you may not identify with or understand. Or maybe they just don't like you, and hope that this will force you to go away.

I don't think its that hard to understand diversity, but when you think that everyone you walk by, that doesn't speak english is talking about you, then, your paranoid, and should get some medical attention.

Its not all about you. Its not all about any ONE person, but when you enter into a group situation, either exclude yourself, mind your business, or learn something.

Its the same thing when a woman enters a room where there are lots of men goofing off, probably talking about things guys talk about, and they immediately change the subject.

It doesn't mean they were talking about her, but they know she wouldn't understand or get offended.

So to take something personally, that does not have anything to do with you personally, is something that you have to look into yourself, it cant be others peoples problem, but it may just be you.

Peace, NRE.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 05:14 AM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/777edf1da0b7.jpg[/atsimg]

Wow, looks like they don't like you either!

I know a lot of people like that, individually they can stand anyone, but if too many of a different race than they are get together the epithets start to fly. I don't know what causes it, I don't know why. But it seems to be something deep seeded in some people's brains.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join