It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Why the BP ads on ATS?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Just as I was reading a thread in the Deepwater Disaster forum I noticed an ad for BP at the top of the page. Within a couple of refreshes, I saw another BP ad. Seems a little inappropriate on this site. Is this new? I can't believe no one noticed this before.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   
I made a thread about this a month or so ago. Ironic isn't it?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
Oh, sorry, I didn't know.

Mods.. someone can delete this thread.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

If (and it probably isn't) it is intentional, my guess would be it's exactly that. An ironic point!! ATS has been pretty damning of BP and there have been some great threads on it, so it has to be.

I can't see the ads myself, but I'd find it amusing, nothing more.

They have to earn a living man, ATS isn't a charity!!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:41 AM
link   
reply to post by virraszto

I think its BPs way of saying WE RUN THIS ISH thats why I dont get too deep into the up to minute discussion because it seems like certain individuals are on there strickly to misdirect those involved within that thread. It seems like they are dis. ag. but behaving on a different level acting compassionate and excited about certain things while really directing those involved away from whats really happinning. As if they have hidden knowledge of well being wrong well covered and they keep reporting on it and distracting the ATS HELPERS. BP is on some other ish right now and YOU ONLY CAN TRUST IN GOD NOW...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The ads displayed are geared by the ad networks to be relevant to page content ... much the same as the Google text ads in the sidebar.

Given that the post is in a forum About BP, in a thread About BP, and that BP is probably pumping enormous amounts of monies into aggressive ad campaigns, seeking to restore public confidence and its overall image ...

... not surprising or conspiratorial in the least.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nventual

yes and I am rather surprised, I did read your thread, so how much then?

did anyone answer ?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:46 AM
link   
This whole sub-forum is a BP ad

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
The ads displayed are geared by the ad networks to be relevant to page content ... much the same as the Google text ads in the sidebar.

Given that the post is in a forum About BP, in a thread About BP, and that BP is probably pumping enormous amounts of monies into aggressive ad campaigns, seeking to restore public confidence and its overall image ...

... not surprising or conspiratorial in the least.

Ok so the site has no control over the ads then yes?
ads from anywhere can just plop in? as long as it is relevant of course

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe
This whole sub-forum is a BP ad

LOL, I see where you are comming from. Yup we are supposed dumb sheeples. What happens if real sheep start to think like humans and learn how to become alert of their surroundings and even further communicate with other sheep about what weapons are and who humans are (ARE THEY STILL SHEEP OR WOLVES?) I always think of this when considering the sheeple aspect. I meen if cows on their way to slaughter house could communicate with each other about human intentions and developed ability to use human weapons, then what. Just sayen if humans were sheep or cows and the (SMHz) were the humans LMAO @ THIS THOUGHT if you understand where I am comming from.
Somebody let the sheep learn too much ( IT ALWAYS HAPPENS THIS WAY IN THE MOVIES) Man or whoever creates/minipulates some bio weapon or monster type creature. The creature looks at its oppressor for some time until it understands it then the creature finally destroys its creator/enhancer. So humanity may be getting close to this point of not just being sheep but sheep that think.

[edit on 8/30/10 by Ophiuchus 13]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
reply to post by soleprobe

How so? Especially, since reading through the same certainly doesn't cast them in Any sort of "good" light.

From a marketing standpoint if this sub-forum is an ad for BP == EPIC FAIL!

AGENCY FIRED.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
ATS 2010, brought to you in part by funding provided by BP

i don't care. BP owes the community and environment something, may as well help pay for our servers so we can bash them some more, right?

i'm not your typical ovis aries,
et

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Esoteric Teacher]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by BANANAMONTANA
Ok so the site has no control over the ads then yes?

Some, but not so selective as to accept or deny Individual advertisers.

Content of the ads, Yes ... as in ads which would violate the T&C.

Of course, if a malicious ad is found or discovered it can be reported/removed.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:01 PM
link   
post removed for serious violation of ATS Terms & Conditions

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:28 PM
link   
$eem$ to me the ba$ic motivator would be right to adverti$e and ca$h flow.
Wouldnt it be $imply hypocritical to $top or deny $omeone or $ome company the right and acce$$ to adverti$e ju$t becau$e you didnt like them or didnt agree with them.
It'$ Bu$ine$$,
and a$ up$etting a$ it i$, it will $till go on, with or without u$ reading the ad$.

I'm ju$t $aying!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:33 PM
link   
I guess its coss BP likes advertising free and open debate, about how bad & evil they are!!! It's either that or they know the power of an advert is not what it tells you, but what your mind see's.

ATS is not to blame for making money. I haven't paid anything for my account yet, but might expect too if the add didn't always go to the highest bidder.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c
From a marketing standpoint if this sub-forum is an ad for BP == EPIC FAIL!

BP is just a tool... or in this case a weapon. Those who wield it want you to blame the weapon not those wielding it... so this sub-forum does a great job at doing just that. It’s not marketing for BP it’s marketing for those who control BP

new topics

top topics

join