It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Vancouver survival kit store banking on The Big One

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Vancouver survival kit store banking on The Big One

www.vancouversun.com

Most sales for the company, which has been around for 13 years, are made to three levels of government and to private companies stocking up on supplies for their employees.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:15 AM
link   
So, this isn't exactly breaking news, but I found it interesting.

I don't have a local "survival store" where I live, so I am a bit jealous of Vancouver.

I did find it interesting that most of the company's sales are from "three levels of government".

The Candian government is apparently gearing up for something.....

What are your thoughts???

www.vancouversun.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2010 by BattleStarGal]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by BattleStarGal
The Candian government is apparently gearing up for something.....

What are your thoughts???

Mimic their every move and stay prepared.
2nd all we lil people can do for now.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:21 AM
link   
Funny this comes up. I have long thought about opening a "survival store" in my area, and was thinking about it again just this morning! I solicited a store like this prior to Y2K and thought it was great to be able to go to a storefront and see the things I might need not just online.

Will have to look into this further again!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
Living in North Vancouver, I don't sense some sort of urgency in the air, maybe a business just trying to cash in by providing a specific service.

I don't see why people need to go to a survival store. We can just go to any generic store to buy tents, fishing rods, knives, and power panels but maybe the less experienced will need to go to a survival store for the advice.

We have coded two-three story houses that I'm fairly convinced will, in the majority of cases survive significant earthquakes.

Where will people run off to IF and that's a big if, if the big one hits and we are in a Hurricane-Katrina type situation where we are abandoned with criminal or malevolent elements running around with unregistered assault rifles and shotguns.

I expect the troubles to not be concentrated around the lower mainland as most people have the means to evacuate elsewhere, but according to wikipedia there are 2,524,113 people to deal with if a massive earthquake destroys plumbing, electrical and much physical structures.

We have the rockies, which is right next door to the north, Vancouver island to the west, Seattle to the south, drier, more arid areas to the east.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by star in a jar]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:28 PM
link   
A few years ago I started socking up on "stuff"
the company I was buying my supplies from had me backordered for many Items for a while.
I asked the kind lady what the delay was from, and her reply was that some government agencies were buying many of the same products.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:07 PM
link   
Kind of a relevant story...

I was sitting around in the administrative section of the Vancouver Canadian Forces recruiting center last year and I killed my time by looking at the stuff around me. Right in front of me was a big red box that stated it was a large survival kit that could hold a dozen or so people for a few weeks.

Considering Vancouver and if SHTF their, that little recruitment center will need it when bunkering down from thousands of rioters.

top topics

join