It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tests find sickened family has 50.3 ppm of Corexit's 2-butoxyethanol in swimming pool!

page: 9
<< 6  7  8   >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

do you use samples of underground water??

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by justadood

Read the posts from people like 'get ready allready'. No one is defending BP or nalco or corexitt. Perhaps in your quest to create enemies, you have to make the world black and white.

My quest to create enemies? Whaaaaaaaaaa???

I have read every single one of his (getready) posts. Yes. There are many questions. I totally get that. To ME, in the case of the buty in the water, it says that further testing is needed. Ever since it came out about COREXIT being used, it's given me a creepy feeling. Millions of gallons already sprayed and continue to be sprayed. Isn't it just common sense that some of it is going to be carried on the wind and in the rain? But the question is, HOW MUCH? I do not know now, nor have I ever pretended to know the answer to that question.

My world is not now, nor has it ever been, black and white. But I will say, in the case of big gov and major corporations, I do have a really difficult time thinking they are acting for the good of the people.

People are being critical of the data presented.

EVERYONE should be critical of the data, but some people present as all knowing with extremely rude dispositions and try to throw the baby out with the bathwater. That's no good either. (NOT accusing you.)

But you may discover over time that just because someone is accusing a 'bad guy' of bad, doesnt make them good by default. Follow?

Yes, I get that too. So sue me for my lack of eloquence in my writing. I encourage people to think for themselves. I'm sure as hell trying to.

Sensitive? Yes. This is my life, my kid's health, my home, my $$$ going down the drain, ultimately to big business.

Are we on the same page now?

[edit on 3-9-2010 by ThatDGgirl]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by SarK0Y

do you use samples of underground water??

The Aquarium uses water piped off the shallow bottom of the Gulf where there are less surface contaminants, but it does not use "underground" water. As for testing underground water, I think it is a good idea, and maybe we should send some samples to Clouds at "testtherain.com"

I am very, very curious about my well water. It has been tested for the basic stuff, but not for VOC's PAC's or Dispersants. They are probably not in the groundwater yet, but they will be eventually.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

IF all you are saying is for people to get their water tested (even though its been said MANY TIMES that corexit is difficult to impossible to detect accurately) then Im not addressing you at all, am I?

BTW, maybe, if you had read getreadyalready's posts, you would realize that HE has said MANY times that the folks at testtherain.com CAN test for COREXIT. I guess you missed that. All those times.

And I just read over all your posts in this thread and Chad's thread, and you keep saying this story has big holes, but you haven't specified any of them. Maybe I missed THAT.

And now I get the 'making enemies' remark. If that's how you see it, well I guess you need to see things in black and white.

What a shame.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   

I am very, very curious about my well water. It has been tested for the basic stuff, but not for VOC's PAC's or Dispersants. They are probably not in the groundwater yet, but they will be eventually.

hmmmm... your videos & others show dissolved crude in the water under sand -- that's quite enough to make full test of groundwater. however, what about corexit's composition, that wasn't an open info?

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   
Remember those "environmental /Eco- terrorists"?
or E.L.F. Environmental Liberation Front?

What ever happend tho those peeps?
I feel they should come out of the woodworks and RISE UP against BP and anyone else in this crap.

They never hurt the environment,
only those who hurt the environment. lol

I mean, even free thinkers are considered "terrorists" today,
Screw it.
Where the hell are these guys?

yo, ELF~ could you like.. RISE UP already?

eventually someOne is going to..
UnIverse is good like that... lol

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Robert M Naman + Corexit = x

I live reasonably near the Swimming-Pool-Corexit-Contamination incident in Homosassa FL. I'd like to be confident in knowing what was actually in that pool.

Much of this seems to be about the mystery that is Chemist Bob Naman.
I don't even know if the mystery is his doing, it could all be generated by blogs and forums. Here's what I found.

Analytical Chemical Testing Laboratory Inc. PO Box 161198
Google Location Page w/ Street View
Been around since late 1980s. Robert M Naman President

In this PDF, ACT contributes 2 pages. At the end of the 2, Naman lists himself as a Fellow at the American Institute of Chemists. I can't confirm/deny, that he was.

In This Daily Finance Article (8/26/2010) Robert Naman is quoted as saying:

A more likely explanation, Naman asserts, is that BP is still spraying Corexit 9527 in the Gulf. In addition to the 2-butyoxyethanol that he's found in the water, he also found large barrels of the chemical on Dauphin Island, Ala. "I didn't see evidence of it being sprayed," he emphasizes. "But I saw evidence of it being left there."

This ZeroHedge Blog (8/25/2010) quotes Naman as saying:

Naman further said he saw mercenaries dressed in all black fatigues, using gps coordinates, applying Corexit 9527 at Dauphin Island and at Bayou La Batre, Alabama. The mercenaries were "Blackwater"-type mercenaries, and Naman assumed they must have been hired either by BP or the government. Naman also told me that Corexit 9527 is being sprayed at night, and that it is being applied in such a haphazard manner that undiluted 9527 is running onto beach sand.

But that above blog seems to mirror this Washington's Blog that (I think) conducted the Actual Interview with Naman.
It doesn't mention the any Blackwater anything.
Someone could compare the two; I might be missing something.

Then this Alexander Higgins Blog claims Naman told them BP threatened him, but didn't follow up on that at all.

Lastly there is this Enviro-Net News story from 1999 that reports Naman's Lab was fined 2x in 98/99 for HazMat Violations.

In one of the largest penalties ever levied in Alabama against an environmental consulting firm, the state Department of Environmental Management ordered a Mobile laboratory to pay $45,500 to settle a claim the lab mishandled contaminated groundwater.

This is the second time in two years that the firm, Analytical Chemical Testing Laboratory Inc., has been fined after being accused of hazardous waste violations. In January 1998, ADEM fined the company $35,000 after regulators determined workers had mishandled contaminated soil from a former Prim Dry Cleaning and Laundry site.

This time, ADEM contends that ACT improperly disposed of hazardous waste from monitoring wells at the Saraland Shopping Center, according to a consent order issued by the agency and signed by the laboratory's president. Agency officials said they found discrepancies while reviewing documents pertaining to work performed by ACT at the shopping center in late 1997 and 1998.

Regulators contend that 100 to 200 gallons of groundwater, which was contaminated with the toxic solvent perchloroethylene, was discharged back into monitoring wells by ACT Labs personnel when it should have been disposed of off site as hazardous waste.

The company insists it did nothing wrong and is being unfairly punished by state regulators who misinterpreted documents and conversations with lab personnel, according to the firm's president, Robert Naman.

Lots of looking yielded nothing else negative about RM.

I know others have posted some of the links that I have.
I'm hoping consolidation of the evidence will bring some sense to it all.

NV

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ThatDGgirl

you dont see the holes? The fact that it could be NUMEROUS things other than corexit? Should I go back and re-quote half the thread for you?

I can if you want, but that seems quite repetitive.

Also, you still havent explained how pointing this out is the equivilent of defending BP or Nalco.

And now I get the 'making enemies' remark. If that's how you see it, well I guess you need to see things in black and white.

Yes. That was the conclusion i cam to when you tried and claim that anyone who points out the previously mentioned problems with this 'evidence' was somehow defending Nalco.

I see many shades of gray, and dont call peopel shills. You can not say the same.

make sure you use some hand lotion, or all that hand-wringing is going to chaff!

[edit on 3-9-2010 by justadood]

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   

have read every single one of his (getready) posts. Yes. There are many questions. I totally get that. To ME, in the case of the buty in the water, it says that further testing is needed.

posted on Sep, 3 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   

yep, needs further testing.

Is not evidence of corexitt.

that is all.

have a wonderful day if you so choose.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

BTW, do you have colonies of bacterias to consume crude?? -- it's curious to see how they live in the different water's samples from GOM. & do you test samples on non-organic elements?

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
1. TPTB have magical vaccines that protect them from chemtrails and corexit. They also have magical vaccines to protect them from chlorine and flouride everytime they brush their teeth. I highly doubt this. Unless they are of the reptilian race, yeah right

2. Pilots are naive, are lied to or are given lots of money to do chemtrails.

3. Chemtrails are not real because where the hell would the pilots be able live? Are they and their families given the magical vaccine? Do they live in areas where they don't spray? Find out their address and go live there with them then. What if they have friends or family where they are spraying? What if TPTB have friends or family where they are spraying? Obviously 250 million people cannot live and work in Washington, D.C. right?

One or more of the above statements is true. Figuring out which ones are the problem at hand.

posted on Sep, 4 2010 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by logistix111

your logic is perfectly righteous, but you forget just little trifle -- it's human nature
most of humans doesn't think for long-term consequences, they love to submerge'emself in self-deception, they don't have wish & knowledge even to analyze current situation.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   

Just thought i'd reiterate that you are embarrassing yourself and your sorority (evidenced by the DG in your username) by spewing such bullsh*t on the internet. you should think twice before doing so again. idiot.

posted on Oct, 20 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
wow - a resurected thread from way-back

did anything come of any " investigation " ?

PS - just to stir the pot , based on unrealted events 4000 miles away [ which i cannot discuss ] - i have an alternate theory - not yet posited in this thread :

attempted murder / deliberate poisoning

by person or persons presumably unknown - who for what ever reason had a grudge / vendetta against the familiy , and decided to use the PB disaster as cover

and unable to obtain corexit , they resorted to the more readily availiable ingredient 2-butoxyethanol

figuring that no one would suspect them and blame the PB cleanup op

it explains why such a high does ended up in the pool , why no other pools were affected and why only 2-butoxyethanol was found

posted on Dec, 25 2011 @ 03:42 AM
link   
I live in ga and and have been following the core exit problem since the beginning, and i got a little o.c.d. on it. so i did a little experiment. last Jan. i waited on a storm blowing strait up from the gulf. when it hit i put out a clean mason jar and let the rain fill it. well later i brought it inside, first thing i noticed was the jar felt like it had a residue on it (greasy tacky fee)l next when i looked at it under good light i saw very small dark globs barely floating on the bottom of the jar. and the last thing i noticed was, when i gently shook the jar small bubbles would form and not pop at the surface. and the last most disturbing thing was a pesticide like chemical smell from the jar.i couldn't believe it, so i repeated the experiment. the next jar had the odor ,sticky feel, and little bubbles, but no little globs. the second jar was in a storm that was much weaker than the first.so i feel it picked up less surface evaporation from the gulf. hence no globs but I'm no scientist.

posted on Feb, 4 2012 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by spacejosh
I live in ga and and have been following the core exit problem since the beginning, and i got a little o.c.d. on it. so i did a little experiment. last Jan. i waited on a storm blowing strait up from the gulf. when it hit i put out a clean mason jar and let the rain fill it. well later i brought it inside, first thing i noticed was the jar felt like it had a residue on it (greasy tacky fee)l next when i looked at it under good light i saw very small dark globs barely floating on the bottom of the jar. and the last thing i noticed was, when i gently shook the jar small bubbles would form and not pop at the surface. and the last most disturbing thing was a pesticide like chemical smell from the jar.i couldn't believe it, so i repeated the experiment. the next jar had the odor ,sticky feel, and little bubbles, but no little globs. the second jar was in a storm that was much weaker than the first.so i feel it picked up less surface evaporation from the gulf. hence no globs but I'm no scientist.

Wow,spacejosh,that was an interesting experiment .It seems to confirm what I was talking about on this thread.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8   >>

join