It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed Irish will soon be REQUIRED to work for the gov... COMMUNISM ANYONE?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:21 AM
link   
To all the people that think that its a good idea that the unemployed receiving benefits should be forced to work to keep those benefits (which is clear communism) think about this. You've just given the 'state' a clear incentive to keep people unemployed and in fact drive those numbers higher. An incentive for the 'state' to abuse the other outlet for jobs, business, to shut them down and push their workers in to whatever 'program' they deem necessary.

Kiss the economic recovery goodbye, there won't be one under this system. Perhaps if the people involved had a commitment to the open market and to freedom then this wouldn't be a concern -- but combine a total disregard for individual freedom with a hatred for the open market and 'forced' labor you have the makings of a Soviet state.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
...but combine a total disregard for individual freedom with a hatred for the open market and 'forced' labor you have the makings of a Soviet state.

Finally, the communism is come to Ireland.

It will be glorious and the evil capitalists will finally be destroyed by beneficent government bureaucrats who make regulate all things and so no profit can be made... Like The Rodina!

*But seriously though, I agree with you; this is a bad idea.

The best plan would be to get rid of minimum wage laws and allow people to work for lower wages if they so choose and not force people to do work.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by ararisq
To all the people that think that its a good idea that the unemployed receiving benefits should be forced to work to keep those benefits (which is clear communism) think about this. You've just given the 'state' a clear incentive to keep people unemployed and in fact drive those numbers higher. An incentive for the 'state' to abuse the other outlet for jobs, business, to shut them down and push their workers in to whatever 'program' they deem necessary.

Kiss the economic recovery goodbye, there won't be one under this system. Perhaps if the people involved had a commitment to the open market and to freedom then this wouldn't be a concern -- but combine a total disregard for individual freedom with a hatred for the open market and 'forced' labor you have the makings of a Soviet state.

you have hit hit the nail on the head.

latest reports show that 38,000 firms are at risk of collapse. ireland is a tiny country. this is a disaster.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:40 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

Thats true..

They should just stop giving the dole altogether. Cut it to Food and Housing stamps. That'll get all those lazy, uneducated, untrained, unemployed back to work and sort out this Communism idea altogether.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The state should not pay any SS - there should be none, neither should there be any income tax - the debts of the banks and govt should be rejected by the people - they should fall personally onto the persons of govt and finance who were responsible for accepting the risk, or debt.

Why don't people just tell the people who are currently elected - "Well, the debt is your's - we are paying nothing - we are replacing you entirely - good luck."

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
When Ireland is finished sorting this bank Ireland is completely and utterly fcuked beyond all belief for the next several genertions. The country is utterly finished.

There's been quite a bit of money lost alright but talking like that is one of the reasons I left the place..

And honestly man, if you're that depressed over the place, leave.. I went home for a wedding two months ago, bought the Irish Times and the Indo.. threw them away before I even got out of the Airport because it was all the same old complaining and complaining.. Everyone saying everything was screwed. Of course things will be bad if everyone things they are going to be. I blame the Media and the Irish mindset 100%.

It has nothing to do with the midset or media. The maths do not work. When Anglo is finished Ireland cannot cope with the debt. It is not possible. Ireland will either default which will result in meltdown or the Eu takes full control and bail us out.

Not actually depressed over it. Been there and bought the t-shirt already. Finished with that now. I have accepted whats coming. Its the people that think they are immune from what is happening that are in for the biggest shock.

You enjoy yourself in Berlin. Its flying. Markets are rosey everywhere, Nothing to worry about. Not even gonna mention bonds.

Its nice to see there is still some blindly optimistic people still around.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

I wouldn't call myself blindly optimistic at all man, to be brutally honest, Im sick and tired of hearing people complaining about it. Thats why I don't listen to it and don't want to bother..

I spent too many years listening to complaining and doom and gloom that I see the good and possibilities. And thats why I think its a bit stupid that you see me as blindly optimistic and see that as somehow funny when the only major problems with Ireland at the moment are Anglo and 13% unemployment.. You could have been born in Iraq man.. Or somewhere with actual problems.

What do you think? That the world will end soon? that the global economy is going to keep tanking until we are better off killing ourselves? Get off this site man.. Im only on it today because Im hungover and couldn't be bothered working.. This site can take over your life. People are meant to be happy, not living in fear of the unknown and uncontrollable. I know a ridiculous amount about the subjects of economics and geopolitics but Im sick of it affecting me so I keep it as simply a hobby.

So slag me of over optimism if you want lol, its a good thing to have.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

I wouldn't call myself blindly optimistic at all man, to be brutally honest, Im sick and tired of hearing people complaining about it. Thats why I don't listen to it and don't want to bother..

I spent too many years listening to complaining and doom and gloom that I see the good and possibilities. And thats why I think its a bit stupid that you see me as blindly optimistic and see that as somehow funny when the only major problems with Ireland at the moment are Anglo and 13% unemployment.. You could have been born in Iraq man.. Or somewhere with actual problems.

What do you think? That the world will end soon? that the global economy is going to keep tanking until we are better off killing ourselves? Get off this site man.. Im only on it today because Im hungover and couldn't be bothered working.. This site can take over your life. People are meant to be happy, not living in fear of the unknown and uncontrollable. I know a ridiculous amount about the subjects of economics and geopolitics but Im sick of it affecting me so I keep it as simply a hobby.

So slag me of over optimism if you want lol, its a good thing to have.

Missing work because of your drinking. Good to see your still flying the flag for Ireland. So proud of you man.

Sober up man and you might see what is going on.

(or just stay drunk and nothing matters)

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
I'll give you a star for your drinking. Well done.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:38 AM
link   

Missing work because of your drinking. Good to see your still flying the flag for Ireland. So proud of you man.

Sober up man and you might see what is going on.

(or just stay drunk and nothing matters)

I WORK FOR MYSELF.. So I can miss it if I want to.. That ok?

Didn't have much to do today anyway..

And for the record, I can say with absolute confidence that I know more about Geopolitics and Economics that 95% of people on this site.. Globalization, NWO etc etc etc..

So no point in saying to me to wake up.. because you don't know what you're on about.

Just because someone disagrees with you on the subject of out there conspiracy theories saying that somehow the EU is trying to make Ireland into a communist country by directly employing less that 13% of its workforce in return for benefits..

Doesn't mean they're asleep...

Doubt I'm gonna reply again to this thread man, not unless something intelligent is brought up. Might catch you around lol

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Dermo

sure bud.

sure go have another drink. everything looks better through glassy eyes.

Slainte!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 09:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by alienesque
so..erm...why bother paying into it?..why not just put the money in the bank?

Sorry.. How many taxes do you pay that you don't want to pay?

What kind of a smart arse question is that? Jesus.

Its part of the system, get over it.

whats the tax called in this case?

unemployment tax?..

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Is it me or is someone trying to force the Irish into a revolt?

Listening to the Irish media there is a constant drumbeat of 'one more thing and there will be blood on the streets' and all the while scandal after scandal and misery after hardship is heaped upon the Irish people.

Bringing in Communism? I don't think so. Like the Irish would ever bow down to something like that....

Inciting the Irish to do something stupid and violent? More likely I think, but for what nefarious reason?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 10:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by howmuchisthedoggy
Is it me or is someone trying to force the Irish into a revolt?

Listening to the Irish media there is a constant drumbeat of 'one more thing and there will be blood on the streets' and all the while scandal after scandal and misery after hardship is heaped upon the Irish people.

Bringing in Communism? I don't think so. Like the Irish would ever bow down to something like that....

Inciting the Irish to do something stupid and violent? More likely I think, but for what nefarious reason?

what % of the population has to work for the government for the small amount of money they get before it can be rightly called communism?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   

sure bud.

sure go have another drink. everything looks better through glassy eyes.

Slainte!

Hahaha.. Please don't tell me you're trying to insult me for having a drink of Alcohol.. You're never done it I'd imagine. What are you anyway? Stoner? Bum? Dropout?

Funny that you're saying that.. Seeing as I still pay some tax in Ireland, I'm supporting you. But yet, you can try insult me?

You're complaining about having to work for the Dole that the Government gives you but can try insult someone who is working? For working over their weekend and taking a Monday off?

Get a life and a job man.. Then you can attempt to be smug hahahahaha

Some people are hilarious

Originally posted by alienesque
whats the tax called in this case?

unemployment tax?..

I answered that already. PRSI - Pay related Social Insurance.

For Benefits, Pensions, Healthcare and other Social Amenities.

[edit on 31/8/10 by Dermo]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm not surprised we live in such a screwed up world full of people who are only too content to let corrupt governments pull their strings.

We are in the middle of one of the world's worst financial crisis ever and people are losing their jobs in the thousands with record unemployment and who do you think is responsible for this. The same incompetent & corrupt governments & now they want you to work for them for a measly £130 a fortnight, basically doing slave labour.

No thanks! If you can find me a job, then I'll will gladly do it, but your going to pay me the minimum wage or you can sod right off.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by kindred
No thanks! If you can find me a job, then I'll will gladly do it, but your going to pay me the minimum wage or you can sod right off.

You do realize that €205 per week for 20 hours work is ABOVE the minimum wage in Ireland?

Thats €410 for a 40 hour week. So basically the people who are only getting €160 can move up to €210 for 20 hours work..

Read the article again..

*SNIP*

[edit on 31/8/10 by Dermo]

Mod Note: Do Not Evade the Automatic Censors – Please Review This Link.
Mod Edit: Please Review the Following Link: Courtesy Is Mandatory

[edit on Tue Aug 31 2010 by DontTreadOnMe]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
I live in the UK and what article are you referring too. I simply watched and listened to the videos posted by the OP. You're entitled to your opinion, but that doesn't give you the right to hurl insults about.
Duncan Smith of the Tories is trying to introduce a similar scheme and it means people will be working for their benefits which is £130 a fortnight and no where near the minimum wage. It's nothing but slave labour.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by kindred]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:49 AM
link   
reply to post by kindred

The article the second video shows briefly... That this whole thread is based on. I have gone to the trouble of tracking down an actual link here.. This speculative article might shed some light.

www.independent.ie...

And what insult?

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Fantastic idea! I was unemployed for 6 months and still support it. So long as it's at the minimum hourly rate. People should work the equivalent of their unemployment income, with the hours spread to make it difficult for them to take jobs on the black. As for those unemployed through no fault of their own, it would help keep up the discipline of work and the contacts.
It doesn't have to be manual labour. The charity I work for would love some extra help.

[edit on 31-8-2010 by starchild10]

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join