It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Unemployed Irish will soon be REQUIRED to work for the gov... COMMUNISM ANYONE?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Are you sure about that? Because in Canada the employee does contribute to EI and Ireland being under the Crown I would assume they have a similar system.

Now if they paid into employment insurance and are being told to work for it it's a total rip off.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

Are you sure about that? Because in Canada the employee does contribute to EI and Ireland being under the Crown I would assume they have a similar system.

Now if they paid into employment insurance and are being told to work for it it's a total rip off.

I am only sure of the US unemployment tax. I don't know about Canada or Ireland, and I agree with you that if they paid into it, they should be allowed to collect from it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Are you speaking for EU or US?
I live in the US and I had reductions of my hourly wage for these "benefits", but even if they did not deduct it from me but from my employer I am still the end payer as my employer would I'm sure have adjusted pay for said taxes.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   

Even if it was similar to the US, it would be a rip off for the employer.... why should an employer pay for insurance that doesn't exist?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by soleprobe

"and Ireland being under the Crown"

eh? under the crown? what now?

you've sealed the deal for me. I won't becoming back here after tonight.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

Great idea, this would be a good idea for the U.S., think the red tape you have to go through to get a government job would have you starving to death before it came about, but once you do you cannot beat the benefits.

Got me to thinking how many Americans work for the Government.

According to the U.S. Bureau of Labor Statistics, government accounts for about 8% of jobs in the United States. Here's the breakdown using numbers easily accessible on the BLS website (all numbers from 2006 or 2007):

1,774,000 Federal government civilian employees, excluding Post Office
615,000 Post Office
1,172,913 Military enlisted
230,577 Military Officers
2,424,000 State government (excluding education and hospitals)
5,594,000 Local government (excluding education and hospitals)
That's a total of 11,810,490 government jobs.

wiki.answers.com...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by Aquarius1]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:06 PM
link   
I must admit, I've thought once in a while - being a near, but not completely, chronic unemployed person so far, though I'm still young and have plenty of time to find work - it would be nice if the government could employ those people who can't find work, in exchange for the welfare - including me.

Not only would we feel like we've "earned" the welfare. It would also weed out those who cheat their way to get the money, it would give structure to the unemployed's lives, and it wouldn't get them into that slope where they end up lazing away their days - and I've done my fair share of that too, believe me.

So, yeah, I think this is a pretty good idea.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
First of all hello from Ireland!
Having worked in a higly skilled job for over 12years and paid my fair share of tax in this time i am now on unemployement assitance after losing my job due to the downturn my country is in and i get 196e a week not 210e and only over 25's get 196e under 25's get a reduced amount i'm prob goin to lose my home because i cant afford my mortgage so reading some quotes saying were lazy and on a paid holiday is wrong many people like me and in worse of situations that have a few kids really do want to work but we cant get a job trust me and if the goverment try this scheme there will be riots in the streets

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:32 PM
link   
reply to post by CynicalM

For your information, I work bloody-hard for my money and always did until I was laid-off due to work-injury and overseas foreigner's pinching my job. Now I can't even get back into the engineering trade as there's not a lot of manufactuers around these day.s And as it is cheaper to bring somebody overseas and employ them then bog them off 10 months later and take another group on, whilst I'm stuck trying to even get paid enough money to afford a roof over my head, food on the table and bills, the care and everything else. A percentage of us Brit's only get into the lowest of jobs whilst some companies have been known to take on 80% Polish/turks, 10% mixed colour's and 10% white british. What does that say about our government.

Trust me I'd love to be working in any job instead of constantly getting laid-off because I'm too good for the employer and trained up in everything. It makes more sense to the employer to lay-me-off for an foreigner who has no training at all and the business pocket's every penny of funding from the government to help people who are not from this country get into work. It's ridiculos. I have perfect 100% punctuality, hard-worker etc etc and yet I get told I'm over-skilled and they can't keep me, they need more people who have no-skill's. Whaaaat!

I can't be lazying around all day like some spounger's do in this country that really pisses me off! I'm getting minimum wage for doing a no brains job and wasting away slowly in these slave-labour jobs whilst a spounger is in his/her bed reaking off benefit's that can afford them £800+ a month of my taxes and I'm getting less than £800 a month after taxes. Where's the equality there. There is none! It's bloody bollocks!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull
you've sealed the deal for me. I won't becoming back here after tonight.

Sorry but I really don't know what I could have said to make you scoff but I'm not going to waste any time teaching you about the common wealth... you can look that up yourself....

And I take it you wont be coming back under that username

[edit on 30-8-2010 by soleprobe]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by TetsuoIronMan

Your not the only one, and then they cut-me-off due to running out of taxpayer's money that I put into their system for many year's I was only entitled to 182 days of benefit money for my entire life. That's hardly anything compared to what i have paid in taxes. And as for those spounger's of the system all this talk about fraudster investigator's, what are they getting paid to do, sit-on-their-bums. Whilst there are thousand's out there getting more than £600 a month reeking off benefit's and that's not including child benefit's and caring benefit's. The list goes on..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
for generations people have pay a insurance in case they are unemployed. now the government will suddenly come up with lots of JOB’s that THEY dont have to pay the workers for???
This is NOT good. they are robbing YOU all.

NO JOBS? then what work will the unemplyd be doing???
why pay some one to do a Job when you have these SLAVES.
there will just be LESS jobs.
becouse they use this s***

[edit on 30-8-2010 by buddha]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:44 PM
link   
This is ridiculous for a number of reasons.

The correct answer to unemployment insurance is for government to get out of that business.

If people want unemployment insurance they should be able to take the money the state is confiscating from them to pay for it and buy their own on the private market.

The notion that the state has a right to confiscate money for unemployment insurance and can then force people to do make work Progams to collect their own money back is insane

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
I don’t know about Ireland but in Canada employment insurance is a scam.

To summarize (paraphrase) this June 2009 article titled: “Biggest scam in Canadian history would recognise only 5% of EI surplus.”

The government indicated it would launch a plan for 2011 that would recognize only $2.9 bil of the $57 billion EI surplus. ….The plan will also force employees and employers to pay for most of the increased use of the program during the recession through higher premiums despite a large EI surplus and supposed premium rate freeze.”
www.exchangemagazine.com...

What it means is that the EI program takes in a lot more than it pays out. The large portion of the surplus they will NOT “recognize” will probably go into general revenue.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:52 PM
link   
This is bad because slave labor will hurt private industry.

Why pay people to work my daycare when I can get unemployed slaves instead and the government will pay them for me?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by sremmos
This is bad because slave labor will hurt private industry.

Why pay people to work my daycare when I can get unemployed slaves instead and the government will pay them for me?

Why should people work in your daycare when the government will pay them to sit on their fat fannies and watch the stories?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
reply to post by Jeanius

GOOD!!

I hope the US does this as well!

This is not Communism, they are all welcome to find their own source of gainful employment, but if they are saying that they are willing and able to work, and there are no jobs available, then why not let the government put them to work?

Imagine how much better the world would be if everyone started pulling their own weight and doing everything they were capable of doing?

I was at a "Get Motivated" Seminar just a few months ago, for my job. A speaker asked everyone in the room to "Reach as high as you can." Everyone did. Then the speaker said, "Now reach a littler higher." And everyone did! Then they realized the error of their ways and they laughed.

Go Ireland!! Common sense at work!

So much better-----Really? SO many bad things have come from good intentions. Just ask the people that lived in Germany in the 1930s.

If you allow this to happen governments will only grow stronger and stronger.

The sheep never see the simple truth. They created a problem and are now solving it. And they gain power while we beg for them to do it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Jeanius

It's not communism unless the government controls all jobs or you have no option to not work (which leads to no unemployment) but this is probably a very good idea.

Sometimes you get to used to being un-employed. I'm un-employed (not on benefits) but I am in college. Even though I want to have a job, at a certain point after filling out a 100 applications you just say f--- it and stop..
Probably different if your employment is necessary to survival, but keeping people working is an idea that I don't think can hurt but only help.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:15 AM
link   
reply to post by babybunnies

"You said it. WHEN NWO becomes reaility, it will be run more like politburo style, not senate style. All officals will be chosen for their connections, not elected. Regional managers will be chosen for their family and economic connections, not for their experience, or elected by the public."

Then the NWO is already in the US. You just described the US political system. Our "choices" are chosen *for* us & then we are "allowed" to "choose" one of them. The procedure of how are laws are made/ country is governed is mere kabuki.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 01:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by JohnySeagull

Originally posted by FrancoUn-American
reply to post by DClairvoyant

Well they have the choice to work for who ever they want, but if your unemployed and want money work for who ever it is they hpook you up with there not being forced into it the government is sick of paying people to sit on there butts while most on unemployemnt are good hard working people theres a huge amount of chronic bums. Once again no one is making them do anything but if they want the tax payers money now they have to get up and actually work for it.

In Ireland you pay tax to keep to the country running.

In Ireland you also pay PRSI which is pay related social insurance which pays you when your unemployed. So you are basically getting back the money you paid into the fund if you end up unemployed. Now , you have to work for that again? You wanna explain the sense in that ?

The governement want to give you this money that you were already entitled to by making you work for it. Then they can take you off the unemployment register.

I worked for decades. Lost my job. Got benefits for a while. Not entitled to them anymore because my credits are finished. I am unemployed and not getting anything. I am not even in the unemploment figures. Neither are all the people who were self employed , who bulit up small businesses , lost everything in the downturn and are not entitled to anything at all.

Come to Ireland its wonderful. A country that brought up generations as Catholics which turns out to be an instititution full of child abusers and their mates who covered up for them which goes all the way back to Rome.

We have seen the collapse of the economy and the church. The history shows you can only achieve anything in this country if you have a big enough brown envelope fulll of cash for whoever needs to be bribed.

They won't show you this on those romantic adds for visiting Ireland.

I really would be better off dead at this moment and time. Thats what I think of Ireland.

Ah, I hope you have a supportive family. You have my sympathy and I hope your situation changes.

I remember reading the book "Angelas Ashes" by Frank McCourt. Helluva life!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join