It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

In activist's video, Glenn Beck fans agree with Ted Nugent on shooting illegal immigrants

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

In activist's video, Glenn Beck fans agree with Ted Nugent on shooting illegal immigrants

www.rawstory.com

Fox News personality Glenn Beck says he did not plan Saturday's event in Washington, D.C. to coincide with the anniversary of Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech. Yet still, his detractors remain unconvinced.

Beck's recent, frequent analogies between the civil rights movement and the right-wing protest groups known as the tea parties would seem to lead skeptical viewers to think otherwise.

In truth, the two eras and movements could not be more different: a point the Coalition to Stop Gun Violence wants to drive home. The activist group, which advocates greater stud
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
I wish I could say that I'm surprised at the hate being expressed in America today, but I'm not. I have been listening to right wing radio for over a year, ala Rush, Sean, Beck, Savage, and the rhetoric has gotten more violent and reactionary. Sure the US has troubles economically, socially, involved in 2 wars, etc. but to place the blame entirely on Mexicans or "useless eaters" is crazy. The blame lies on the financial system but a scapegoat is so much more convenient to attack than actually, logically see where the problem originated and lies.

Beck isn't trying to unify America. And the raciast overtones of the TPM is obvious. Beck For some self serving reason he is trying to divide us. The "people like you" paradigm is in place and will eventually destroy this once great nation. IMO

Anyone here at ATS agree with Mr. Nugent that shooting illegals is a viable solution. Round them up, put them in camps and kill them. Does that sound familiar to anyone?

www.rawstory.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So the idiots who listen to another idiot agreed with the idiotic opinion of another idiot?

A situation comprised completely of idiots, and you think we should even warrant making them appear relevant?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC
So the idiots who listen to another idiot agreed with the idiotic opinion of another idiot?

A situation comprised completely of idiots, and you think we should even warrant making them appear relevant?

This move to the Right is relevant. I think it is mostly social engineering by these guys as part of the PNAC. And will affect us in ways that aren't apparent to us now.

www.nytimes.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I used to love Ted Nugent, Stranglehold anyone?

I cannot believe he advocates straight up murder. So I am going to google this quote of his, to see if he really said that.

I cannot find any Ted Nugent Quote that says he advocates the murder of a human being.

It is not in the op link story either.

If he really said this, I am not a fan anymore.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I agree that shooting on sight is a good thing.

Illegal immigration is bad. PERIOD.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:26 AM
link   
reply to post by hotbakedtater

Perhaps Mr. Nugent didn't say kill illegals after all. The headline in rawstory has been amended to........

Video: Beck fans cheer plan to shoot illegal immigrants

Crossing the border illegally isn't even a felony. Now people want to kill others for a misdemeanor? It's this kind of unrealistic thinking that will rally the moderates and libs to get out and vote against anything conservative.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
rotflmao!!

don't you guys ever quit?

who comes up with his stuff?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:46 AM
link   
I recently heard a Ted Nugent interview...he is a right wing wack job, with a successful book in that vein, but I did NOT hear him advocate wacking illegal immigrants.

He blames all the ills in the US on "leftist idiots" and thinks the "right" can do no wrong.
But the right leaning law and order freak thought it was OK to break the law while hunting deer for his TV show, so he is one of those law and order for everyone else types.
He made a big point about how he has never been convicted of having sex with under age girls...but there seemed to be a difference between the way he expressed it and the way you would expect someone to express it if they never had sex with under age girls...
dunno just sayin'

Obviously he is trapped in the left / right paradigm and so obviously doesn't have a clue about what is really going on.

Last night a black radio host " Redding" ( GCN) was playing clips of Beck saying dumb things about the civil rights movement ( like trying to claim it was always a right wing phenomenon), and also clips of him saying he never said those same dumb things...

IMHO
People like Glen Beck and Ted Nugent are like all the other high priced talking heads - of dubious value to the patriotic movement because anything that can be used to demonify the Patriots will be used, and they are just the type of FAUX leaders to make sure that there is a reason said or done to discredit the real patriot movement.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by SpectreDC

It's all in the numbers. One or two idiots isn't a big deal. But there's that old saying,
A person is smart. People are idiots.

From up here, I see the Beck/Palin crowd getting bigger and bigger :shk: or maybe just louder and louder

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:34 PM
link   
I'm not sure shooting illegal immigrants on site should be legal or even considered moral, that is something Im not willing to discuss HOWEVER, there does need to be some kind of deterence to illegals from entering the country. Perhaps when an illegal is caught on the first offense, they should be immediately recorded, marked for offending, and deported. Then upon being caught again, a much severe punishment should be the result. Such as whatever the people feel should be. Whether its death or imprisonment, it should be held in a referendum. For the people, by the people. It should be up to the American people to decide what should be done with these criminals. NOT government bureaucrats or agency; this includes Congress.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by AzoriaCorp]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by hotbakedtater
I used to love Ted Nugent, Stranglehold anyone?

I cannot believe he advocates straight up murder. So I am going to google this quote of his, to see if he really said that.

I cannot find any Ted Nugent Quote that says he advocates the murder of a human being.

I think this video makes it abundantly clear how Mr. Nugent feels even if he didn't outrightly express his desire to kill people that have different ideas than him.

I like Teds music very much but I can't agree with his conservative ideology.

www.youtube.com...

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProdigalSon
I agree that shooting on sight is a good thing.

Illegal immigration is bad. PERIOD.

So if you see a mexican in America you automatically assume hes illegal and shoot him? What if hes a legal immigrant, or a US citizen?

I agree illegal immigration is bad for this country, but a capital offense? I don't think so, I think if we catch illegals we ship them home.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
How about just trying to arrest them.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
Ah comeon man .. I like Nugent. I 'dig' him. (can I still say that?
)
Don't ruin the vibes man ... don't destroy the dream!
Rock on dude!

Seriously though ... Whaa ... Some folks that like Glenn Beck agree that if illegals cross the border, then we should guard the border with lethal force? Okay ... ya'll do know that many, many dangerous drug trafficers come across the border, right? That many, many convicted felons from Mexico are let go to come here, right? That the American ranchers on the border fear for their lives because of armed and dangerous illegals - many from lethal mexican gangs - taking over their ranch lands during the night hours, right?

No one should be shooting at nice little illegal families with kiddos coming aross the border. But not everyone is coming here to pick lettuce and work at Taco Bell ... ya' know?

There are many aspects to this problem.

[edit on 8/30/2010 by FlyersFan]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by thov420
I think if we catch illegals we ship them home.

IF they are caught ... ship them home.
Then they come back again.
The border is wide open. Employers here break the law and hire illegals.
Just catching a few and shipping them back for a while doesn't work.
How many tens of millions of illegals are here? Too many.
The S.W. schools and hospitals are flooded. The cost is staggering.
Not all are nice little family types either.

There is no easy answer - except perhaps throw the employers in jail
and secure the freak'n border! Geee .. that'd be nice. But no one -
not a republican nor a democrat - has done it.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

The general population thinks little of "shooting".

Last week, I was at the dentist when the Dallas car chase was live on tv - the number of comments from staff was appalling. Wanted to shoot him during the chase, wanted to shoot him for driving to the airport, thought they should shoot him instead of dragging him from the car.

Of course, to most folks it's just another interesting news story that would seem more interesting on TV if there was a shooting. Shootings sell well. As a constantly vigilant (legal) gun-toter myself - needless to say, I wanted out of that chair pretty bad given the callous disregard for human life exhibited by the "medical professionals" in the room!

gj

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I thought these were good religious folks, how does shooting other human beings sit in that religion. Would Jesus pick up a rifle and shoot innocent human beings, even guilty ones?

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:11 PM
link   
Wait I am a lifetime NRA member.

Why the hell is Ted Nugent on the board of directors? He is an idiot.

Keep in mind the NRA does alot more then just lobby and their lobbying efforts are kind of small since they dont have alot of money. All they have are numbers but not money to back it up.

I dont support shooting mexicans that is just crazy talk and why is ted nugent waving a gun around that is against everything the NRA stands for to wave a gun around! The NRA teaches gun safety classes, I grew up taking them and have taught them. I am emailing my nra rep to get his idiot ted nugent removed I mean I know we need some celebrity but cant we get someone better then ted nugent? maybe not.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Thank you.

From the video it is clear he means kill the politicians who are pigs, on Nov. 2 by voting them out. I know he was cutting up and said not really metaphorically. Haha, ted, but he was referring to the elected scum not innocent humans who are just trying to make a living.

He may hate illegals, but this death speech was directed at a class of humans I can only call SUBhuman, politicians.

Cannot get worked up over calls for the death of pigs.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join