It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Mystery of the 23.5th Degree

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:46 AM
link   
I was browsing the web last night in pure boredom, trying to find some interesting new "conspiracies" to learn about and stumbled upon something I have never heard of before. The subject of "sacred geometry" has always been very intriguing to me and although I have read about the significance of numbers such as 11, 33, and others, and the use of tetrahedron, the six and five pointed stars and what-have-you, I have never come across anyone discussing the so called 23.5th degree that is supposedly hidden in major works of art and some famous architectural pieces such as the pyramids in Egypt and the streets of Washington DC. Anyway, here is the first video I found on another conspiracy website that sparked my interest:

After watching that video and being somewhat skeptical, I decided to do a little research and came across this article that discusses this subject in much greater detail:

www.book-of-thoth.com...

For many years, we have been told by Egyptologists and historians that the pyramids of ancient Egypt were the tombs of the Pharaohs and nothing more.

This is the "official line" and this could indeed be true as regards the majority of the pyramids in Egypt which were clearly built by the ancient Egyptians, many of which collapsed to rubble soon after being built.

But ask the many researchers (those not funded by institutions) who have made a life time study of the pyramids, and they would most likely tell you that the Great Pyramid of Giza is unique, not just because it is a perfect pyramid which has withstood the ravages of time, but because it appears that one of its purposes was to preserve knowledge.

Click on the link above to continue reading this article

[mod edit: clipped quoted content, added Required external source tags]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by 12m8keall2c]

[edit on 30-8-2010 by frozenspark]

Mod Edit: External Source Tags – Please Review This Link.

Mod Note: IMPORTANT: Using Content From Other Websites on ATS - Please Review This Link.

[edit on 30/8/2010 by Mirthful Me]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:47 AM
link   
[excessive quote from external source removed]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:48 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:49 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   

off-topic post removed to prevent thread-drift

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
Star and Flag from bringing a interesting idea here.

There are alot of ties to the importance of magnetic north and true north. I am not versed enough in the understanding and importance of the differences in spiritual work, but I have read about it several times. Lots of info to read over here.

I noticed the article said something about the 13th constellation being Orion. I think they are close to Orioin being important here but left soemthing out. Even now , we have 13 constellations, not 12. Ophiuchus is a constellation that the Sun travels through every year from about Nov.29 to Dec. 17. Astrology ignores it, Astronomy acknowledges it.

I posted a theory once on here that IF our wobble creates Earths perspective to 'lean' a bit, enough to cause this Ophiuchus to 'dip' down into the path of the Sun....could it be that in another 12,000 years (half way around the wobble) we will see the constellation Orion 'dip up' into the zodiacl path. I made a thread for the idea but one had one reply.

IF IF the Egyptians made the Pyramid marking Orion, the Sphinx marking the Leo....to mark a time of 'age' at about 12,500 years ago (10,000 BC)...showing a marking that the Earths wobble will cause Orion to 'dip up' and cause us to be in the 'age of Leo' at the beginning marker of the great year clock.....I think its worth a NOTE that WE will be exactly half way around this clock in about 2500ad. We will sit half way around from the age of Leo which puts as astronomically on the cusp of Pisces/Aquarius....the Sun moving literally/astronomically into the age of Aquarius.

We should not forget that Jesus is know to warn of the time the 'man is carrying the water pitcher.

Half way points may be just as important, as the starting and ending point. In fact, ancient astrology (before man made it a fixed practice) saw just as much importance in the sign that was opposite to the sun ....the sign the sun shined forth to as the sign the sun rose in.

Both Ophiuchus and Orion are signs of men. All it would take is just a few degrees to change and the Sun would rise in Orion. It sits very close to riding the cusp of Orion, but not enough to say its on the cusp.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by frozenspark

Interesting, I would say I do not try to look for new conspiracies to believe in as I have enough to worry about.
But as long as we are here....
Have you heard of the 3.5 degree?
It is administered Directly after the 3rd degree.
Masonry is just a bunch of good old boys having fun and helping along the way, if not then they have not told me of the plan.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   

Its not rocket science. Click the upper right button 'YouTube VIDEO' when writing post.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
^ Every time I do it, it says "malinformed link" or something to that nature.

reply to post by g146541

I don't look for new conspiracies to "believe" in. I don't believe a single one. It's just interesting to learn various perspectives and keep them in mind as I try to come up with my own understanding of this world.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
dcsymbols.com...

Masons are known for our sacred geometry, and in our floorwork is hidden many of the astrological/astronomical processes. Many Masons are not even aware of the true purposes of our "circumambulation" or why our Lodge floors are set up the way that they are.

It is true that the knowledge of the astronomical and astrological cycles were well known and understood even before the time of the pyramids.

Follow the link above to learn more.

[edit on 30-8-2010 by getreadyalready]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

That may be true with ancient astrology but modern astrology seems to purposely hide things about such movements of Earth. Even to the point of causing mankind to not know when the ages started (Leo) or when we really move from age to age.

Astronomy seems to hold the secrets that modern day astrology does not show us. I have to ask myself is making a 'fixed wheel' a couple thousand years ago covering up something that the powers consider very important in the true movements of the Earth to the cosmos.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:34 AM
link   
To make a long story short it makes sense to me and I believe the time is coming for the correction.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Thanks for posting this. I haven't heard of this before either and I have an interest in 23. Doesn't the Earth have an axial tilt of 23.5% ?

Will check this out and come back.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by spookfish

Yes, yes it does and ancient peoples from staring up at the skies a lot while high on mind altering substances figured this out and decided it would be cool to build enormous stone structures to celebrate this type of wonderous precision found in nature.

Pretty much the same as cathedrals, and people get so workd up as to why most secret societys such as freemason use things like a compass as part of there symbology. MAYBE BECAUSE THEY WANT TO RAPE YOUR MIND WITH LIES AND TRICKERY or maybe there primary concern is the same as ancient peoples, celebrating and respecting the geomatry found in nature and attempt to develop a system akin to religion to live your life by similar creeds. We square our work by the square of our virtue.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   

Huh strange. Make sure and take all of the url out except the end- the video number. Other than that I don't know what to tell ya.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by time91

ohhhh, just the number, not the whole link. Well I feel stupid for not reading it properly

Anyway, I was hoping more people would comment and try to "debunk" this! Come on phage, where are you.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   

There is nothing to debunk, nor is there any conspiracy except for the arrogance of modern science.

There is no conspiracy behind all of this, but it is true that knowledge of the 23.5 degree slant and all of the astronomical cycles were known thousands of years ago. The Mayans, the Egyptians, the Atlanteans, the knowledge was common and it was passed down from generation to generation before the rise of the Greek and Roman Empires and the destruction of so much ancient knowledge. Then the Greeks and Romans conveniently took credit for the resurgence in science and education.

No conspiracy, nothing to debunk, just sad history lesson.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   

I'm no where near advanced enough to debunk it. But what do some of those pictures have to do with anything, and why does it change between 23.5 and 23 degrees?

Anyway that link by getreadyalready was interesting, you might want to check it out. Also isn't phage an expert in astronomy, which is related but not all inclusive to this discussion? ...Or was that a joke since everyone asks phage to debunk things?

posted on Sep, 6 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
bump for great justice

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join