It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mosque Developer,Sharif El-Gamal, is a Tax Delinquent

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
So, Mr. Gamal doesn't believe in paying his taxes...

Sharif El-Gamal, the leading organizer behind the mosque and community center near Ground Zero, owes $224,270.77 in back property tax on the site, city records show.

El-Gamal's company, 45 Park Place Partners, failed to pay its half-yearly bills in January and July, according to the city Finance Department.

The delinquency is a possible violation of El-Gamal's lease with Con Edison, which owns half of the proposed building site on Park Place. El-Gamal owns the other half but must pay taxes on the entire parcel.

www.nypost.com...

Let's see how this plays out for this man and his money backers.

Here is the actual tax information. Scroll to the bottom to see the amount due.

webapps.nyc.gov:8084...

[edit on 30-8-2010 by jibeho]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 07:53 AM
link   
i heard that today.

con-ed will look into it. lol. they callin my a$$ for $40.

dirty laundry showing up.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Being a tax cheat is one thing. Having links to terrorism is another. This smells a lot like smear campaign... Even if it is true!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by Terranaut
Being a tax cheat is one thing. Having links to terrorism is another. This smells a lot like smear campaign... Even if it is true!

It smells to me like people could care less about character or responsibilities.

This might be a great example of how those with money or who are given money treat their toys....

www.nypost.com...
Mosque 'slumlord'

If this is true and the OP is true......I think if you can't be responsible for your toys, you don't need those toys.

If the people in the spotlight are truly responsible people this kind of news wouldn't come to light.

If the news is wrong, then they should be sued but with everything said, there is always a bit of truth in there.

Smells like being irresponsible or reckless is now the norm

sl

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 11:13 AM
link   
why don't we all raise the tax money and pay it off then we will be owners because we paid the taxes. its how alot of little farmers lost their farms to corporate goons why couldn't we do the same?then we could make it a community center for neighbor hood. or a bar to serve all them hard working iron workers when they finally start building on 911 site

[edit on 30-8-2010 by proteus33]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Well if Sheriff El-Camel has failed to pay his property taxes, I wonder what his Income Tax returns looks like?.....Hummmm?.........Interesting!

I would hope that someone in the Congress will call for a full investigation before we are all swindled out of our domestic tranquillity by this con artist.

But wait! That would mean that Nancy Pelosi would investigate Congress? Hell no! Then she'd have to investigate herself.........

Wonder how Nancy's tax returns are looking these days. How's that Nanny doin there Nancy? Getting ready for the fall?

[edit on 30-8-2010 by MY2Commoncentsworth]

new topics

top topics

join