It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Military preaction on Iran

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:04 AM
link   
I feel this is the preaction to the start of hostilities between the US ( and allie(s)) and Iran. I think they were there to get the lay of the land for invation force, also to see what military preps they could see-didn't see getting captured though.
This could also be the excuse to start action, if they don't release the british men post haste.
Remember, England was the first to react to 9/11. They raised the US flag on their natioinal flag pole-first time in history any flag but union jack was raised on that pole.
Don't forget the US navy and allies on "war games" could decide to end games and head to Iran to "save" our allies.
These are my predictions of what will come of this-I really hope I am wrong about this.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:58 AM
link   
Interesting prediction. However, I do not believe that the US will want to start another war until after the next presidential election. Public reaction would be terrible and Bush would almost certainly lose the election. As for the UK, they do not have the capabilities to attack Iran on their own.

I think you can bet on either Iran or North Korea being invaded at some point if Bush remains in power.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
On their own, maybe, but don't forget the 7 battle groups of the US navy out at sea...
It is not such a stretch to send our navy to "help" England get their men back. As I implies, the British may have wanted to get captured, to give the US an excuse to move in. A second war may not be popular, but going into military action to help our closest allie may be a very different issue...
It maybe just what it sems, an accident, and I am just looking for conspercies everywhere-but....

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
I really don't expect an attack on Iran. Only the US and Israel have any beef with them... not the UK. Yes, we'd like to see a democratic government there, but the Iranian government already has a substantial grass roots opposition domestically, and this is getting stronger. Even these people aren't too keen on the US after recent events though so don't expect flowers and garlands if you try it. There's no point in risking another Iraq, unless destabilization and escalated war in the region is the aim. That may well be the goal of the US, but not ours.

There's a fair chance we were doing as bit off unofficial snooping. that's what patrols are for. Remember it's only 3 small boats, not quite the entire British fleet. Even if our boys were in trouble, you can be pretty sure we'd be able to deal with it ourselves. Thanks for the offer though! it's the thought that counts!

[edit on 21-6-2004 by muppet]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:52 PM
link   
I think maybe the war with Iran will be dictated on their timeline to produce a nuke not the Presidential election. I believe the war with Iraq was just a way to establish a base close to the real target and nuclear threat. North Korea already has the bomb so we can't do much about them but I think it is a lock that the allies will be in Iran sooner or later. It would be excellent value for money to attack Iran soon with naval war games already going on and most of the troops still in Iraq and more coming from South Korea.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 01:56 PM
link   
btw, Iran has nuclear weapons also. We are upset that they are developing more on their own. hope I am wrong, but don't think so...

top topics

join