It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OP/ED: Saddam's Daily Horrors *Graphic Content*

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Somehow making prisoners pose naked, humiliating them, depriving them of sleep, keeping them cold, spraying them with cold water, and all the other things our troops did and I might add, did under orders is nothing compared with what Saddam did daily.

WND.com

The heated charge that prisoner abuse at Abu Ghraib by U.S. service personnel was somehow equivalent to that perpetrated by Saddam Hussein � a notion pervasive in the Muslim world and epitomized in the West by Sen. Edward Kennedy's remark that "we now learn that Saddam's torture chambers reopened under new management, U.S. management'' � has had ice-cold water dumped on it by a horrific new video.

Please visit the link provided for the complete story.

The following, according to the State Department report, were routine in Iraq during Saddam Hussein's rule:

* Medical experimentation

* Beatings

* Crucifixion

* Hammering nails into the fingers and hands

* Amputating sex organs or breasts with an electric carving knife

* Spraying insecticides into a victim's eyes

* Branding with a hot iron

* Committing rape while the victim's spouse is forced to watch

* Pouring boiling water into the victim's rectum

* Nailing the tongue to a wooden board

* Extracting teeth with pliers

* Using bees and scorpions to sting naked children in front of their parents

*WARNING:The following link has downloads of pictures not suitable for children. Actually not fit for human beings if you want to know the truth!

www.aei.org...

This story confirms what most conservative Patriotic Americans have believed for years. The controled liberal egg sucking dog press is very Un American. They will bust a gut to show our soldiers in a bad light for doing something that by Middle East standards of torture is nothing more than a bad hair day.

Our news media is not credible and would do anything from lie to misrepresent the facts to get Bush Light out of office. This would include undermining the war effort and getting more Americans killed.

This type of disgusting barbaric behavior the tyrants and terrorist exhibit is typical of what you find in Islamic nations. They have raped, tortured, murdered, and pillaged throughout the Middle East and into Africa spreading their brand of religion at the point of a sword. If they are unable to find Christians and Jews to practice their savagery on, they are perfectly happy to pratice it on each other in national wars, ethnic conflicts, religious sect battles, and general mayhem.

It is beyond me how, with the history of this region, anyone could hope to bring democracy or anything civilized to these people because of the tyrants and terrorist.

The only thing they know and respect is fear and they fear the U.S. Military not! We will rule with an iron fist over there or we will not rule at all. The terrorist will murder dozens of innocents including children just to kill one American Soldier or an Iraqi trying to build a better nation.

The really sad part of this travesty is that most just want to live in peace and raise their families. The terrorist and tyrants are only a minority, yet they have the power over all the rest and rule over the majority with the fear factor. I can't help but wonder if there is even an answer to the problems there.

[edit on 25-6-2004 by Banshee]

[edit on 6-25-2004 by Valhall]

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:01 AM
link   
I just watched this and omg. I wonder why the media is not going nuts over this video. Makes whats going on right now with the US and British troops look like a walk in the park.

[edit on 21-6-2004 by d1k]

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:05 AM
link   
What are you trying to say? That we should torture Iraqi prisoners and use excessive force because it controls them and it is not as bad as what Saddam did?

So much for the whole bringing democracy/winning over hearts and minds strategy - lets just torture them all! We are not as bad as Saddam because we do not torture them as badly! We just bomb them and use poisionous depleted uranium weaponry on them whilst attempting to steal their oil!

[edit on 21/6/2004 by Eddie999]

d1k

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:15 AM
link   
Where did you get that from what I wrote? Sometimes I do think we should just drop a flurry of nukes and wipe out all those savages though.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 10:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
Where did you get that from what I wrote? Sometimes I do think we should just drop a flurry of nukes and wipe out all those savages though.

I was actually referring to Ghostwolfemoon's original post, not yours. However, your nuke remark shows you also have an equally messed up mind.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 11:00 AM
link   
It has long been known that under Sadam's regime, barbaric torture was commonplace, as it is in many other parts of the world. It's funny how this video and others like it are coming out now after the abuse scandal hit the airwaves. Are the images and videos of the torture under Sadam's rule horific...yes, utterly brutal. Are the videos and pictures of the prisoner's abused by coalition soldiers and private contractors under US rule horiffic? Also yes, and also utterly brutal.

The thing is, the US (and others) used Sadam's brutality as part of the reason for going to IRAQ (and it is probably the only reason that was true). But does that make it alright for the coalition to do what they did? No.

Tell the Iraqi's that were killed at the hands of US soldiers that it was worse under Sadam, and they would have been tortured more severely...I don't think they would care.

posted on Jun, 21 2004 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Sensfan and d1k, good reply�

You are right in the fact that Sadam�s torture is old news, however, the releasing of these videos at this point in time by either the military or CIA is big news. Remember, nothing happens by accident and one must wonder if this is the start of a series of �releases� which will help Bush Light get re-elected. Long ago it was released that incriminating videos of the barbarism in Sadam�s torture chambers existed, and then the news died.

I ran across this info in World Net Daily this morning and added my comments, which were not to be construed to mean I sanction what American Soldiers have done. Rather, they just pale in comparison to is normal business in the various dictatorships in the Middle East from Libya, to Egypt, to Saudi Arabia, to Iraq and Iran.

On the other hand, time for a reality check. Not all that long ago in Afghanistan, there was a prison riot in which a couple CIA mafia types were murdered and many prisoners died in the revolt. The reason this happened is that the guards did not properly take charge of the prisoners and render them harmless. Whether you are a law enforcement officer or a soldier, there are certain things you do to protect yourself and fellow officers/soldiers. You make sure the prisoners can do no harm. In the case of cops, handcuffs and possibly leg irons do the trick, although even now all over the world, prisoners will get whacked.

Prisoners of war present a different problem. When you are dealing with men trained to kill, more caution is warranted. This is not to say it is right, but to say it is the way things are. You have to use whatever measures are necessary to protect yourself and the time honored way is to humiliate the enemy, take away his will to fight, and render him harmless. The armies of most countries do far worse than we have.

We in America can get by without Middle East oil by using other oil export countries and our own supplies. Europe and China on the other hand need Middle East oil far more than we do. China will get what they need one way or another. Someone would have gone into the Middle East sooner or later for the oil and other reasons.

China would have a really quick response if their soldiers received fire from a village, they would destroy the village and kill everyone. Russia, were they there would do the same possibly. Considering these countries have murdered hundreds of millions of their own citizens, I doubt a couple million Iraqis would matter much.

There is another reason for going into the Middle East which most miss. If you will note America and others are �forcing� all countries to �comply� with what the Powers That Be want. There are complying nations and non-complying nations. The Banksters want complying nations and by whatever means necessary will get them. Everyone will have to comply with what the WTO and World Bank wants. Is that wrong, yeppers it is�but that�s the way it is.

Ghostwolfemoon

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 07:13 AM
link   
They did quiet the same in Abu Ghraib when it was american, don't forget!
Also Prescott Bush did the same in Germany in 1940 with Jews.
Those dictators!!

[edit on 22/6/2004 by Alchy]

posted on Jun, 22 2004 @ 08:01 AM
link   
Torture is nothing new to the world, has been around since the beginning of men, but occurs now we in more civilized country have a more not corporate form of torture is call (psychological one) it leaves not mark but it can be as efficient.

This psychological torture is one of the tortures the US soldiers use in Iraq too.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Prescott bush was a nazi, the Banker of hitler, making Jews to be gazed work in his firms of weapons and steal that still belong to the G. Bush lobby. That Prescott is the grand father of W. and since, nothing have change. They use the same method because they are the same.
The Bush lobby is only in Iraq to get the oil, not for democracy. In fact G. Bush lobby hold church-high tech-oil-weapons-real one, real media player-politic-IBM and so much more thanks to hitler they helped so much in concentration camps and war.
Hate is what make people behave like this and america is the most racist country I know and also the less informed of the world.

Saddam is a baby compared to W. Bush and is poore.

[edit on 23/6/2004 by Alchy]

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 04:13 PM
link   
ok i have some questions and hopefully someone can answer them for me.

we all agree torture and mistreatment is bad, universally speaking it is inexcusable.

that being said....while saddam did this decade after decade, how come the same people who have gone after america like a rabid dog over a few incidents of torture while they basically said nothing as saddam did the same and much worse during his decades old tenure as dictator of iraq? if we believe all torture is wrong then we should point it out, denounce it and punish those who commit these atrocities right? so where was everyone when he was doing it? how come noone was in a rush to get the footage of his thugs torturing raping and killing out to the media? i'm not making excuses for what the us military has done but lets be honest, the standard isnt being applied evenly here.

however, personally i feel there is a huge difference in making a few people form a naked human pyramid and lopping off a womans breasts with an electric carving knife. while embarassed and humiliated those people are still whole, their egos might be bruised but it beats having missing body parts. no excuse either way but if we're going to compare one form of torture to another...i think i'd rather be naked in a human pyramid than left to the devices of saddam and his thugs, at least i wont lose my gentials have my teeth ripped out of my skull or have worse things done to me.

but as i said, none of it is excusable...i just find it odd the people who are now bashing bush and attacking america over abu ghraib more than likely didnt say a word as saddam did this decade after decade and doing far worse than anything the us and uk militaries have been accused of.

so where was everyone when he was in power? where was all the love and caring for humanity when he was abusing his own people? where were you all when he had his thugs killing people and putting them in mass graves? where was your indignation then? where was your contempt? where you to openly oppose him and his actions and what his military did?

or do we only care when it suits our own agenda?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:25 PM
link   
ThePrankMonkey

You are right not body seemed to mind when he was in power for, how long 40 years? and nobody said anything, US went blind and deaf, until the late 80s. Humm..................I can come out with a lot of reason why but we already know most of them.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 05:42 PM
link   
That video was pretty sick. Man I remeber I saw on the news an Iraqi lady saying "we were better off when Saddam was here." Apparently she had never had a family or friend be a torture victim. Anyways, what a lot of people don't realize is that when we do acts of inhumane violence, at least we punnish the people involved but Saddam's torturings were routine. And I know that the war is bad right now but if you look farther down the road, Iraq will be stronger, rebuilt and have a new estabilished government. Its not like were going to just leave it war torn. I bet Iraq will turn out to be a strong Democratic ally when this is all set and done, just like Japan after WWII.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 06:14 PM
link   
The things Saddam did were BEYOND excusable!!!
He and his cronies should be given the 3rd degree.
I will however continue to digress that what *some* of our
military members did at the prision camp was just as bad, they too should be given the 3rd degree also!
What needs to be realized is that this will not end anytime soon. Even after we have liberated Iraq, there will be countless other places where universal human suffering will exist. Sadly I do not see libs and cons using their strengths against this, instead of each other. I do agree that in order to put an end to tyranny in any of it's forms we need to hit them hard and quick, but I also agree that we need to *not* forget those unfortionate souls who had to bear the burden of torment from the former tyranny and to deal with the realities of war. We must do what we can to help the spirits of these people and show them compassion, something few people have the nerve to do. It's far easier to let anger rule the mind rather than reason and that is what the terrorist's are exploiting in each of us. I know it sounds a wee bit passive aggressive at least it is sound and indicative of a first world nation, not that it'd happen anytime soon. lol

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:45 PM
link   
Those are sick...why exactly are we keeping him in jail?? Why not execute him??

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 07:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by d1k
I just watched this and omg. I wonder why the media is not going nuts over this video?

Two simple reasons:

1. The torturers are not 'evil infidel capitalist' Americans.

2. Most of what is considered the world press have been taking a very strong anti-war stance since we had the audacity to take out the Taliban, and part of that stance is working overtime to give Saddam a clean slate in the forum of public opinion (makes it easier to trash us i suppose...). If they showed this video to their viewers, people might not see things their way and may even cause them to lose credibility with their more independent minded viewers.

Its not too hard to figure out. If they don't lie to you, they will intentionally leave out important peices of information in an attempt to lean you towards the conclusion they want you to reach. And if they do tell a bold face lie, it will be all over the front pages and sensationalised. And when they get caught in said lie, they will make a correction in the form of a small article on the bottom of page 42 to avoid getting sued. Or they will just drop the story all together, hoping they were able to leave people with impression that there some truth to the lie (much of which depends on the fact that most people wont bother to seek out other news sources to compare the story against).

Nothing will ever change it. The process of releasing all of the facts (facts, not opinions presented as facts) and allowing individuals to draw their own conclusions about a situation completely horrifies the liberal elites (elite only within the confines of their own minds) who have a strangle hold over most of the worlds media outlets.

Its gets frustrating to read this trash day after day, but once you see liberalism as the foul byproduct of democracy that it is, those tacky headlines become astoundingly easy to ignore. What I mean is, I see a headline that says "More astounding allegations, documents, etc about some monkey in a cage at Guantanamo Bay", and I think to myself, "I wonder how the Yankees did last night".

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Anybody remember East Timor in the late '90s? needed. LINK Of course not. They didn't have anything we needed. They were just ethnic Chinese being killed. I wanted to invade back then, on a humanitarian mission, seriously, but it seemed nobody cared. Anybody been watching the situation now? They are a Muslim nation. When are we invading?

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Nothing will ever change it. The process of releasing all of the facts (facts, not opinions presented as facts) and allowing individuals to draw their own conclusions about a situation completely horrifies the liberal elites (elite only within the confines of their own minds) who have a strangle hold over most of the worlds media outlets.

Where do you get this from? The liberal elite own most of the world media outlets? If you didn't notice, most of the media is based on official government reports, which at this time appears to be republican. So we should just bow down and listen to the government and ban any criticism. The media is attempting to allow the facts being presented. This isn't about liberal views, this is about showing the facts the government doesn't want you to see. The government has lied, that much has proven repeatedly. The government has refused to assess certain statistics that would not prove beneficial to them. Your just spouting some propaganda you heard on FOX news.

Both sides, demos and repubs spout propaganda and then accuse the other side of doing the same without realizing they do much of the same themselves!!!!

Moderators, can we start putting some of this crap on BTS or in the mudpit, this is getting out of hand!!!

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eddie999

Originally posted by d1k

I was actually referring to Ghostwolfemoon's original post, not yours. However, your nuke remark shows you also have an equally messed up mind.

Messed up mind?

They have the messed up mind? How dare you?

Nobody has suggested that prisoners be tortured murdered, hung, beheaded, carved, Hell, nobody has even suggested that prisoners' wives be raped by the captors. We are better than that. We are sick of liberals suggesting tha twe are not because of a few MP's being stupid.

Another difference between us and them? We do not condone the actions.

As I've stated in three other threads, now, I'm waiting for a mere milliono r two of the Islamic community to appear outraged at the beheadings, mutilations an all else done in their religion's name, by organizations, supported and paid for by nations.

posted on Jun, 23 2004 @ 09:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Thomas Crowne
We are sick of liberals suggesting tha twe are not because of a few MP's being stupid.

Please do not lump all liberals together. There are many of us on this board that fully recognize that these acts (whether those in Abu Grahib or by Al Queda) represent a small minority. There are also many of us liberals who also see a signficant difference between the abuse at the prison and beheading innocent civilians.

As I've stated in three other threads, now, I'm waiting for a mere milliono r two of the Islamic community to appear outraged at the beheadings, mutilations an all else done in their religion's name, by organizations, supported and paid for by nations.

The first casualty of the Islamic fundamentalists were the people of their own religion. Someone on another thread pointed out that 80% of the world's refugees were muslims seeking safety in other countries. If they were afraid to speak up for themselves, I sure can't see them doing it for us.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join