It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Demos fears government terror strategy 'fuels mistrust'

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 02:46 AM
link   
www.bbc.co.uk...

Demos fears government terror strategy 'fuels mistrust'

Secrecy surrounding counter-terrorism operations is fuelling mistrust of authorities, a study by independent think tank Demos suggests.

It urges the government and secret services to be more open to stop extremist groups using conspiracy theories to discredit them.

this would appear to me to be part of a strategy simply aimed at attacking everyone who claims any government would dream of doing anything to their people...

history has shown us that governments do all sorts of horrible and unethical things to their populations..from spraying people in england with bacteria from planes in the 70s to simply killing millions.

this report also suggests the public should 'trust' government more and its conspiracy theories built up around the 'necessary secrecy or silence' surrounding any secret service work that are fueling any mistrust.

my problem with this is that it isnt the populations that have installed cameras everywhere in england to watch the politicians every move..its not us listening to their telephones and reading their emails...its not us infringing on their rights and their privacy...

the bottom line is...its they who distrust us...and it seems to me that they are either using the conspiracy theory bunk to discredit any reasonable anti-government sentiment..or..even worse..they have become so accustomed to having control that they actually believe we should trust them at all times...if thats the case its very scary..

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:15 AM
link   

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 04:48 AM
link   

Originally posted by Pockets
Existing Thread

ooops

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 05:15 AM
link   
reply to post by alienesque

No Biggie, but I think you may have missed the point in the report

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 06:54 AM
link   
really?...how so?

to me it seems they hope to try to convince people they should rather trust the government a bit more...and when confronted with some weird conspiracy they should be more critical..

no mention anywhere that conspiracies do exist within governments..some aimed at the populations..

top topics

join