It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay – Away From Keyboard

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

TPB AFK: The Pirate Bay – Away From Keyboard

www.kickstarter.com

Two years in the making, TPB AFK is a documentary about three computer addicts who revolutionized the world of media distribution with their hobby homepage. How did Tiamo, a beer crazy hardware fanatic, Brokep a tree hugging eco activist and Anakata, a paranoid cyber libertarian, get the White House to threaten the Swedish government with trade sanctions? TPB AFK explores what Hollywood's most hated pirates go through on a personal level.

Trailer and more info here: www.tpbafk.tv...

This campaign starts exactly one month before the Court of Appeal hearings start in The Pirate Bay t
(visit the link for the full news article)

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/30/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   
This was kind of interesting. Aside from the fact about him requesting money which is kind of frowned upon here, I still believe the film will be pretty good information.
I don't believe this has been posted here but might be a good watch especially because the director wants to have it edited professionally to maximize the value. Really interesting what topics this will cover about the Pirate Bay from a while back and how they were convicted of crimes that I personally don't find ethical. What do you guys think?

www.kickstarter.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 30-8-2010 by januaryx5th]

Mod Edit: Review This Link: Instructions for the Breaking News Forums: Copy The Exact Headline

[edit on 8/30/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:01 AM
link   
I always wondered how the US government hasn't persuaded the Swedish Police Force to shut those guys/site down for good.

I use it frequently...
but only for TV shows that I miss on TV. HEY! I pay for cable!

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 01:11 AM
link   
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I agree somewhat because there are two sides of the issue. In one sense Copyrighted material is being practically given out for free with the using of these torrents provided from users on the web site, however I think it is a wonderful tool for people trying to get independent movies and music out onto the world.

posted on Aug, 30 2010 @ 03:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by januaryx5th
reply to post by CanadianDream420

I agree somewhat because there are two sides of the issue. In one sense Copyrighted material is being practically given out for free with the using of these torrents provided from users on the web site, however I think it is a wonderful tool for people trying to get independent movies and music out onto the world.

There are also artists who posts their own copyrighted music for people to download

I mostly use the site for educational material,
I mean tuition for colleges and universities costs like 100,000 dollars,
I cant afford that.....

[edit on 30-8-2010 by SupremeKnowledge]

top topics

join